Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library
Further detail- my XBMC install is Frodo RC1 from BoxTopTheater. Apparently I'm supposed to use this since it has HW accelleration enabled. But does this matter if we will only use this device for music library playback?

I saw that you had a thread here on updating scanning logic for compilation albums- I'm wondering if that might be part of my issue with artist entries in artist list not being able to find the corresponding files. All of my albums use the 'albumartist' tag and compilations use the 'compilation' tag set to "1" for compilations. For the albumartist tag, we don't use a lot of "various artist" entires there. We usually enter the album compiler's name, for example, "Essential Mix" for a compilation of live mix sets done by various DJ's but put together by Essential Mix. We don't want the individual track artists to show in artist list, but do want to find related tracks if you click on "Essential Mix" in the artist list. Right now the artist list sees "Essential Mix" but clicking on it says 'nothing found'.

I saw your latest git here with changed logic- might it help?
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/2a10...b284af0d26

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library - by kurtlewis - 2013-01-31, 17:34
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't seem to remove non-existent Genres from music library0