video covers
I am pretty new to xbmc so go easy with me if this has been answered b4.

I have got a pivos with xbmc linux version running, and all is well.

But i have got a usb hard drive connected with a folder of all my comedy mkv's, approx 20 of them, within that folder i have got a jpeg of each of the mkvs, with the same file name but .jpg

What i want to do is, when i am on the main menu and go to videos, i want all my videos showing on the main screen above like a slideshow, but i have know idea how to do this, i know i can use one of the scrappers but it brings the wrong images on most of them, is there a way i could just use my own pictures for each mkv.

Hope you understand what i am trying to do.

Thanks in advance
Hi okey,

I am fairly new here too. I have DVDs rather than MKV files but I imagine it is much the same.

To get what you want try this:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=thumbnails

For my DVDs I did this which I found I rapidly got all my movies with the cover art I wanted.
1. First read this: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...les/Movies
2. You may have already done this step by the sounds of it, but if not: In XBMC go to "Videos", "Files" and choose "Add files" (or whatever it is - something like that), and browse to where you MKV files are. In the next page you then select "Movies" as the scrapper from the options in the top left. By default there is only one scrapper but that worked fine for me. Look at the other settings on this page and set as seems logical/ appropriate. Let is do the scrapping.
3. For the videos that are now showing the wrong cover art - right click on each one and select "Movie Info". On the movie info screen you will see amongst other things the video file path - this lets you identify what the movie actually is. Compare that to what cover art XBMC found. In some cases you'll see it got it wrong due to a typo or something - in which case you can rename the file/folder (at this point you can also add in the year if that is appropriate/ you know it), right click again on the video art and this time choose "Remove" and then right click on any video art and choose "Update library" and see if it finds the right one this time. If not, go to Movie Info again and down the bottom is a "Refresh" option - selecting that may result in a longer list of possible movie matches and you can select the actual movie. If the movie is correct but you don't like the art there is another button next to refresh (Thumbnail or Art or something) that will search for other art for that movie.

Good luck!

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video covers0