xbmcbuntu wont wake from suspend or hibernate (get black screen with _)
hey guys im having an issue with my HTPC

i like to watch movies or tv shows at night but in the mean time i have my system set to go to suspend when not in use so i can use my remote to power on my htpc when i want to use it. well it happens all the time. ill go to power on the computer and it wont power on with the remote. when i go on to it and press the power key it turns on but im greeted with a black screen with a single solid _ at the top left of the screen. if i press reboot switch on my case the computer wont post. it sits at the bios splash screen. i have to hold the power key till it shuts down then turn it back on and then it will post.

i know for a fact that my cpu is not overheating or anything like that. i have everything set to auto in the bios (other than max cpu non turbo to 16) so my cpu only clocks to 1.6ghz (underclock it to save power and heat) but even with stock settings i have this issue. some night ill get lucky and the computer boots fine and other nights im not. ill have to get up and manually power down the system and turn it back on.

how can i fix this. i thought it was hardware issue but i never had this issue when i ran openelec.

Main PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X PBO 4.6ghz all core | Nvidia RTX 3080 Ti Founders edition + EK vector Block
ASUS PG27UQ 4K 144Hz HDR G-sync monitor | LG CX 55" OLED TV 120Hz 4K HDR G-sync
Gskill TridentZ 32GB 2x(16GB) DDR4 @3200mhz | Gigabyte X570S Master
I am no linux expert but...

First debug log would be nice.

Second if your bios does not go through post ok it could be some hw problem.

You should disable splash screen to see where MBO hangs during post.

Setting BIOS to "auto" does not mean it is bullet proof.

If I were in your place i would try to:

0. turn off splash screen
1. reset BIOS
2. turn off anything i do not need BIOS
3. Set boot not to search anything else then my boot device
4. if that does not work - try fail safe defaults.
5. if still no help - update BIOS
6. check ram (replace with other if possible - to test)
7. check disks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmcbuntu wont wake from suspend or hibernate (get black screen with _)0