• 4(current)
IOS 6.1 jailbroken
Currently, iOS builds downscale video resolution due to inefficiencies in the output path, which prevent smooth 1080p video on retina ipads. For historical reasons, this downscale is to 960x640 (ie: iphone 4 resolution) even though the real upper limit is higher than that - so it means 720p ends up looking better.

Memphiz posted an experimental build with proper 1080p support here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1231215

and this worked pretty well on iPad 3s with iOS 5.1 on them. I don't see anyone reporting success or failure of this build on an iOS 6 device (I still haven't got round to upgrading mine, but hope to later today). Memphiz has previously expressed concern about iOS 6 breaking things that he needed to accelerate video properly, and given that the normal builds work fine, I suspect he's referring to the techniques used in this build. So, it may well not work on iOS 6.
(2013-02-05, 23:24)philipl Wrote: Currently, iOS builds downscale video resolution due to inefficiencies in the output path, which prevent smooth 1080p video on retina ipads. For historical reasons, this downscale is to 960x640 (ie: iphone 4 resolution) even though the real upper limit is higher than that - so it means 720p ends up looking better.

Memphiz posted an experimental build with proper 1080p support here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1231215

and this worked pretty well on iPad 3s with iOS 5.1 on them. I don't see anyone reporting success or failure of this build on an iOS 6 device (I still haven't got round to upgrading mine, but hope to later today). Memphiz has previously expressed concern about iOS 6 breaking things that he needed to accelerate video properly, and given that the normal builds work fine, I suspect he's referring to the techniques used in this build. So, it may well not work on iOS 6.

Just tried it out. Seems to work just as well as it did on iOS 5.1.1 with the fairly significant caveat that it only reliably plays video once. After that it doesn't seem to render the video - you just hear audio. And you have to kill the program and start it again to play another video.
(2013-02-05, 23:24)philipl Wrote: Currently, iOS builds downscale video resolution due to inefficiencies in the output path, which prevent smooth 1080p video on retina ipads. For historical reasons, this downscale is to 960x640 (ie: iphone 4 resolution) even though the real upper limit is higher than that - so it means 720p ends up looking better.

please do keep me updated. This is the sole reason I haven't updated to 6.1 yet on my iPad3.

I also have a Memphiz retina build but I think it's dated 11-29 (keyword: think) not the 11-02 it seems like you linked to above.

Either way, I am more than willing to be patient (I have those 6.1 blobs).

(2013-02-06, 06:43)philipl Wrote: Just tried it out. Seems to work just as well as it did on iOS 5.1.1 with the fairly significant caveat that it only reliably plays video once. After that it doesn't seem to render the video - you just hear audio. And you have to kill the program and start it again to play another video.

Actually, I have happier news. Turns out I was trying a random Frodo nightly from november. When I installed Memphiz's proper build, it worked, and it kept working for multiple files. It does seem to work just as well as it did on 5.1.1
(2013-02-06, 09:11)philipl Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 06:43)philipl Wrote: Just tried it out. Seems to work just as well as it did on iOS 5.1.1 with the fairly significant caveat that it only reliably plays video once. After that it doesn't seem to render the video - you just hear audio. And you have to kill the program and start it again to play another video.

Actually, I have happier news. Turns out I was trying a random Frodo nightly from november. When I installed Memphiz's proper build, it worked, and it kept working for multiple files. It does seem to work just as well as it did on 5.1.1

So you can confirm smooth playback of X264 1080p & 720p video? For me it's the same, XBMC is the only reason I haven't upgraded yet. Thanks!
Hello together.

i have an iPad 2 jailbreaked on IOS 6.1 and Frodo 12.0 running!

Did anyone manage to watch 1080p/50fps movies (mkv or m2ts) on this device?
I only hear the audio output, but there's no video at all!!!

Greets
Oli
50/60 fps is reported to not work on any ios version with xbmc (that was true for frodo - and this will stay true for quiet a while).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Is that really so?
The test I did yesterday was with a 48p (47,952048 fps) m2ts and it worked...?

Link to a good site to test different HD video and sound:
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

Edit: And the second video I tested was a 60 fps m2ts and it worked as well (?).
(2013-02-06, 12:39)jumper23 Wrote: Hello together.

i have an iPad 2 jailbreaked on IOS 6.1 and Frodo 12.0 running!

Did anyone manage to watch 1080p/50fps movies (mkv or m2ts) on this device?
I only hear the audio output, but there's no video at all!!!

Greets
Oli
Hi. Just a quick question: how does it work on iPad2? is it smooth?

(2013-02-06, 13:00)miappa Wrote: Is that really so?

Re-read my post. I said "it is reported to not work" - meaning by users.

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm getting confused, I just installed iOS 6.1 and standard XBMC from repo and 1080p MKV isn't very fluent. Should I now install the org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_12.0-0~alpha7_iphoneos-arm-gpu2gpu.deb file instead for fluent playback?
(2013-02-06, 17:12)locutus2000 Wrote: I'm getting confused, I just installed iOS 6.1 and standard XBMC from repo and 1080p MKV isn't very fluent. Should I now install the org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_12.0-0~alpha7_iphoneos-arm-gpu2gpu.deb file instead for fluent playback?

I think the word you're looking for is fluid not fluent.
(2013-02-06, 13:00)miappa Wrote: Is that really so?
The test I did yesterday was with a 48p (47,952048 fps) m2ts and it worked...?

Link to a good site to test different HD video and sound:
http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php

Edit: And the second video I tested was a 60 fps m2ts and it worked as well (?).

Your'r right, a test file with 47,xxxx fps works.

Here's the Media Info i receive from VLC on my PC:

This works
============================================
Stream 0
Typ: Video
Originale ID: 4113
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
Auflösung: 1920x1080
Bildwiederholrate: 47.952047
Decodiertes Format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1
Typ: Audio
Originale ID: 4352
Codec: A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52 )
Kanäle: 3F2R/LFE
Abtastrate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 640 kb/s

This NOT!
============================================
Stream 0
Typ: Video
Originale ID: 4113
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
Auflösung: 1920x1080
Bildwiederholrate: 50
Decodiertes Format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Stream 1
Originale ID: 4352
Kanäle: 3F2R/LFE
Abtastrate: 48000 Hz
Bitrate: 384 kb/s

Stream 2
Originale ID: 4353
Sprache: std
Beschreibung: Saubere Effekte

Stream 3
Typ: Untertitel
Originale ID: 32
Codec: Teletext (telx)
Beschreibung: Teletext

Here's the testfile i created (31,8MB): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5750712/test.rar

Greets
Oli
(2013-02-06, 17:12)locutus2000 Wrote: I'm getting confused, I just installed iOS 6.1 and standard XBMC from repo and 1080p MKV isn't very fluent. Should I now install the org.xbmc.xbmc-ios_12.0-0~alpha7_iphoneos-arm-gpu2gpu.deb file instead for fluent playback?

So I just got home and played back another file and it worked fine, I guess the sample I downloaded for testing wasn't optimal. Good to know that this forum is also useful for vocabulary and/ or grammar issues.
I have an issue with my ipad 3, running 6.1 and Frodo 12.0. Exiting some movies and tv series crash the XBMC. Weird because the same movies and tv series can the atvs open and close without any problems? So my problem is when i stop a movie with stop button its crash.

See log:

http://pastebin.com/jQWhGGaX
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS 6.1 jailbroken0