• 12(current)
[Release] Language Preference Manager
Pity no support around.

There's no easy way to predefine a language for specific series.
I ended up using Keymap Editor add-on to map next audio and next subtitle to some buttons.
I've update the addon: Current version for Jarvis/Krypton: 0.0.6

Now it works with jarvis+. No new features will be added, because I'll try to implement that feature into the kodi core.
Bugfix release: Current version for Jarvis/Krypton: 0.0.7
Nice, thanks!
Hi,

Sorry for bothering you with my obviously silly problems and total ignorance but...

Just bought MXQPro, mainly to be able to watch TV series and Kodi is amazing! The thing is I live in Poland but wish to watch as much as possible in German, only things that don't yet have german audio in English. Just like I've been doing it using Watchseries on my PC....

Unfortunately everything I'm getting is in English Sad Can't find a way to watch anything in German. I was very excited when I found your add-on, installed it, set the preferences, the status reads 'Enabled'. Still - everything's in English...

Is there a way to overcome it? Or do I have to polish Wink up my English instead of German?

I'd be very grateful if anyone could help Wink

J.
As there is no way at present to have subtitles automate when the main audio track isn't English I've been using a workaround that I thought I'd share for others who may find it useful:

In your general Kodi settings you should have subtitles disabled. Then within Language preference manager enable "turn on subtitles if a subtitle preference matched". Then enable conditional subtitle preference, and in the text box for custom preference add the following:

alb:eng>ara:eng>arm:eng>bos:eng>bos:eng>bul:eng>cat:eng>chi:eng>cze:eng>dan:eng>deu:eng>dut:eng>ell:eng>est:eng>fin:eng>fre:eng>ger:eng>heb:eng>hin:eng>hrv:eng>hun:eng>ice:eng>ind:eng>ita:eng>jpn:eng>kor:eng>lav:eng>lit:eng>mac:eng>nor:eng>per:eng>pob:eng>pol:eng>por:eng>rum:eng>rus:eng>scc:eng>slo:eng>slv:eng>spa:eng>swe:eng>tha:eng>tur:eng>ukr:eng>vie:eng

This covers all of the languages that the addon is programmed to look for.
I'm using a russian torrent live tv from Castaway. In Windows I see that the English stream is available, but in Android devices (firestick, mi box) it's not. Any ideas? will this Language Preference Manager work?
How would you setup a preference to make sure forced subtitles show up for foreign audio? English with English subs? But then even movies without forced subtitles would play English subtitles. Everything else about this add-on is perfect. If there's a way to handle forced subs, I'm all ears. Thanks for taking the time to read Smile
Can somebody help me out I'm trying to figure out how to put this ad on on my Kodi but I'm completely stumped I've looked through the settings and I don't see it so I'm assuming I have to install it via USB stick or something but I'm not entirely sure. Could somebody please give me a step by step on this because otherwise this is so frustrating because as many have already said it should already be a basic feature.
(2017-08-03, 22:08)Branchingsalmon Wrote: Can somebody help me out I'm trying to figure out how to put this ad on on my Kodi but I'm completely stumped I've looked through the settings and I don't see it so I'm assuming I have to install it via USB stick or something but I'm not entirely sure. Could somebody please give me a step by step on this because otherwise this is so frustrating because as many have already said it should already be a basic feature.

Hi, same here. Can't find the add-on.
I am blasting through the "download add-on" section with all categories but can't find anything starting with "Language..."
Please help
Kind regards
(2017-09-26, 15:30)AmoKingyo Wrote:
(2017-08-03, 22:08)Branchingsalmon Wrote: Can somebody help me out I'm trying to figure out how to put this ad on on my Kodi but I'm completely stumped I've looked through the settings and I don't see it so I'm assuming I have to install it via USB stick or something but I'm not entirely sure. Could somebody please give me a step by step on this because otherwise this is so frustrating because as many have already said it should already be a basic feature.

Hi, same here. Can't find the add-on.
I am blasting through the "download add-on" section with all categories but can't find anything starting with "Language..."
Please help
Kind regards

Just download it on first post and install it from zip.

Is it just me or it doesn't work anymore in latest Krypton 17.4? It never selects my srt's automatically.
Is there a way to configure it to select a subtitle without a language specified i.e. 'und'?
(2017-05-15, 03:15)Quiksmage Wrote: How would you setup a preference to make sure forced subtitles show up for foreign audio? English with English subs? But then even movies without forced subtitles would play English subtitles. Everything else about this add-on is perfect. If there's a way to handle forced subs, I'm all ears. Thanks for taking the time to read Smile
 Bumping on this in case anyone knows how to do it. I hate having to toggle on subtitles once I figured out there's some foreign dialogue I needed subs for.
Thanks in advance!
Any plans to make this working with LiveTV?
I have requested support for something like this in Kodi and tried this plugin but doesn't work with LiveTV.

Here is my request i made earlier https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324344

Intel Core i5 2320 8GB 500GB HDD - Tvheadend + Kodi, Raspberry Pi 3 - LibreELEC, HDHomeRun HDHR3-4DC, Epson TW3200, Pioneer VSX-1123
Hello,

are they any plans to develop this addon to a further version, maybe with forced subtitle support?
@Ace 

Greetz
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Language Preference Manager2