Linux XBMCbuntu 11 - Update XBMC to 12, or reinstall with XBMCbuntu 12?
Thanks XMBC team for the wonderful app and all the hardwork that's went into Frodo - it has many of the features (like art-syncing) that I've been wanting a loooong time!

If I'm currently on XBMCbuntu 11, is it going to be better to just update XBMC itself with some apt-gets, or back up my userdata settings, nuke the drive, and start from scratch?
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
I am coming from Dharma on an Acer Revo 1600 and am wondering the same thing, is there an upgrade process or is this a start from scratch type of thing. I would obviously prever to upgrade first to retain any settings.
Hello ,

I gave out xbmc, log in as xbmcubuntu and enter lxde (I think).

sudo apt-get install update-manager
sudo update-manager-d

Right now I'm updating the system.
[Rpi3b+ (Archlinux+kodi) & Xbox One S + Kodi]
I'm on XBMC 11.0 I want to upgrade to 12.00 how do I do this ?
Do not put it as before, is fucked over
[Rpi3b+ (Archlinux+kodi) & Xbox One S + Kodi]
The simplest way to upgrade to Frodo is to install it over the top of your existing XBMC.

1. Backup your XBMC userdata (just in case) and any system settings you have changed. The install should leave your userdata untouched but will probably reset any system changes you have made.
2. Download the XBMCbuntu image and boot from it
3. Choose Install and it should scan your drive for operating systems.
4. Select 'Upgrade existing installation' and choose your Eden system from the list
5. When prompted use the same username as you did in Eden (probably 'xbmc')
6. Reboot when finished, your operating system will now be Ubuntu 12.10 and XBMC will have your media library and your settings.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I followed these steps and everything went smoothly including DTS-MA and Dolby TruHD working....

I updated from 11.10 to 12.04 LTS

then updated xbmc to to frodo over the top.... boom everything worked.
Is anyone else finding the graphical installer for Frodo too sluggish when issuing the commands to advance the screens?

Im on my third attempt to get thru a clean installation and it just hangs/takes forever at different points in the process. This is on a tested USB stick thaat I've used for many other OS installations in combination with the latest Unetbootin .

Wish the text based installer was still around :/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu 11 - Update XBMC to 12, or reinstall with XBMCbuntu 12?0