Navigation sound loops when starting an external player
Hi,

I just encounterd a problem which i hope someone can help me with.
Im Running XBMC V12 using Aeon Nox Skin on an custom build HTPC. The PC is directly connected to my TV via HDMI for both video and audio. I set xbmc up to start PowerDVD in cinemamode as an external player whenever a bluray is in the optical drive (playercorefactory and *.bat). Untill here everything is fine. However the moment the external player is being startet, i start to hear the navigation sound of the skin in an infinitive loop. This is true both for Aeon as well as for Confluence Skin. This sound then decays within approimately 1 minute or immediately stops the moment i klick on the OK button of the "click on ok when the playback is finished" window. The sound even persists if i start to play the blueray movie. If i switch the navigation sound off in the settings everything is finde. Also switching from Directsound to WASAPI fixes this problem. Maybe someone knows a solution to avoid this behaviour using direct sound.

Regards

The Hard- / Software involved is:

Asus P8H77-M Pro
Intel i5 3470 with Intel HD 2500
Sony 46x4500 TV
Windows 7 64bit
I am experiencing the exact same problem. Also running XBMC 12, but with Transparency skin and my pc is connected to a receiver. Does anyone know how to fix this?
I just upgraded to v12 and started experiencing the same problem

v11 did not have this issue.

I'm launching ZoomPlayer as an external player for avi|mp4|mpg|mpeg|mkv|wmv on Aeon Nox skin

I'm running Win 8 x64
Sorry for the bump, but I've also been experiencing this issue. Is there any solutions/fixes for it yet? I've unfortunately just had to disable the GUI sounds as a workaround for now.

If it helps, I'm using Aeon Nox, XBMC v12, and Windows 7, 64 bit.
(2013-03-16, 16:57)Kathar Wrote: Sorry for the bump, but I've also been experiencing this issue. Is there any solutions/fixes for it yet? I've unfortunately just had to disable the GUI sounds as a workaround for now.

If it helps, I'm using Aeon Nox, XBMC v12, and Windows 7, 64 bit.

EXACT same setup. I just updated to Frodo this morning (which is a pain in the a, might as well backup EVERYTHING related to eden before updating, plus it totally ignored my playercore file until I remade it).

same problem, menu sound loops when using external player. I switched to a new skin, same issue. using HDMI output to TV.

4 gigs ram
430 gt nvidia display card
AMD dual core cpu

using MPC-HC as external player.

ran all available updates as well. no changes. will just run without menu sounds for now.. I did notice that the frodo installer includes a DX install too? OP says that switching to wasapi fixes this?
I've had the exact same problem but can confirm that switching to sound to wasapi has removed the looping sound when switching to external player. Thanks VeNeM
Hello.

Exact same problem.

Clean Windows 8 x64 install, fresh XBMC install with default skin, default sound / general config and MPC-HC as external player.

All stable 12.x frodo versions have this problem.

Note : It's exactly the same type of issues when you minimize a full screen 3D / DirectX game to come back to the Windows desktop and it starts a sound / hanging loop until your come back to the game. (When we close the player and come back to XBMC, it stops too).

The WASAPI trick seems to work but mess up with the sound of the system and other softwares... Not ideal...

How can I help more ? Need some logs ?

Cheers.
OK guys.

Just tested with the last released version. XBMC 12.2. Unfortunately, the problem is still there.

Additional note : The issue doesn't happen 100% of time. But it rarely goes without this problem. Can you confirm, guys ?

EDIT: I'm going to create a ticket on Trac.
I am also having this issue when trying to play videos using the XBMCFlicks addon. It seems when the "External Player Active" window is open, I get a loop of navigation sounds. Confluence and others. Cannot find a way to disable the "External Player Active" dialog box. Did not happen before Frodo Final (RC3 was fine).

Confirm, not 100% of the time, but very near. 80%+.

Did you create the ticket?
Yep, seems the same problem. (So for normal local movies / TV shows, you use XBMC internal player ?)

No I didn't have the time. I'll do it these days unless you would like to do it ?
Happens when launching Netflix browser player.
Here you are guys.

I just created a ticket for this bug : http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14362

If you could post debug logs in the ticket like I did, maybe it would help more the XBMC staff...
just turn off the sounds on your skin settings
Hi,
I have the same issue with xbmc 12.2 on windows XP SP3 and mpchc as external player.

Thanks
Hi,

Did you found a fix ? I have the same issue, even after my XP to Seven update.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Navigation sound loops when starting an external player1