Win XBMC 12.0 - TV channel switching takes longer than in 11.0 (with PVR)
Known issue. Can't be fixed easily.

The reason for the additonal delay of 5 sec is the added "stream change detection" on a channel switch. Channel switching could fail under Eden if the new channel had different streams (e.g. SD->HD or 2.0 audio to 5.1 audio), therefore the pvr developers added some code to restart the demuxing process on every channel switch. As a result, the channel switching is slower than under Eden.

I know where the delay comes from (ffmpeg library), but I can't solve it at the addon side. I'm currently testing several changes to both XBMC and the MediaPortal pvr addon to speed-up the channel switching again, but it is not stable enough yet to publish a modified Frodo build with these changes.

With respect to the shares: You will need to upgrade your TVServerXBMC plugin to 1.2.3.120 (or 1.2.200.120 for 1.3.0 beta). I've moved the share settings to the TVServerXBMC addon side. The MediaPortal PVR addon will now import the defined shares from the TVServerXBMC plugin.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Messages In This Thread
RE: XBMC 12.0 - TV channel switching takes longer than in 11.0 (with PVR) - by margro - 2013-02-01, 23:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.0 - TV channel switching takes longer than in 11.0 (with PVR)0