• 9(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-04-10, 21:39)ronie Wrote: here's how the swedish date format is defined in xbmc:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...nginfo.xml

this is what the slideshow screensaver uses to convert the exif date to a local format.

Ok, now I'm completely lost. According to that xml the date ought to be formatted as D.M.YYYY, but in the screensaver it's definitely DD-MM-YYYY, with hyphens instead of dots. And anyway both are equally wrong, I've never seen anyone in Sweden write a date in any of those formats. The most widely accepted is to use ISO 8601, ie YYYY-MM-DD.

So now two questions remain:

1. Why doesn't what the screensaver shows match with that xml file?

2. Who is the maintainer of that xml file?

/Daniel
team-xbmc maintains all code in xbmc.
if you think it's a bug, you can create a ticket on trac:
http://trac.xbmc.org/

you're correct the screensaver format doesn't 'exactly' match the xml file.
it only looks at day, month, year order, but doesn't care about single/double digits,
nor if there should be dots, slashes or hyphens inbetween them.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-04-02, 13:25)fredlox Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 19:19)fredlox Wrote: Yes thank you, it's works !

Edit : I spoke to fast, after a reboot the same problem.

I put the photos in this directory : /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/photoframe/

Is it good ?

Hi!

I move the photos to this directory /storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/photoframe and it's work, no cache.

Thank you for the help

I move my photo's to this folder but can't point the slideshow to any folders under .xbmc? how do you do it? Those cached images are sure UGLY Wink
(2013-05-02, 05:02)exdirtfarmer Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 13:25)fredlox Wrote:
(2013-04-01, 19:19)fredlox Wrote: Yes thank you, it's works !

Edit : I spoke to fast, after a reboot the same problem.

I put the photos in this directory : /storage/.xbmc/addons/skin.quartz/photoframe/

Is it good ?

Hi!

I move the photos to this directory /storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/photoframe and it's work, no cache.

Thank you for the help

I move my photo's to this folder but can't point the slideshow to any folders under .xbmc? how do you do it? Those cached images are sure UGLY Wink

settings > appearance > show hidden files and directories
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thank you for that, ronie. Appreciated.
(2013-03-28, 04:08)thebearnecessit Wrote: ronie,

xbmc menu freezing:

xbmc is frozen after the slideshow has been on-screen and ive come back to use xbmc.

clue1: this only happens if im on the home screen menu when the screensaver kicks in. xbmc seems frozen ie nothing n my remote will do anything.

clue2: i have a keyboard button mapped to take me to the homescreen, if i press this button thenxbmc comes to life again and works normally. i pressed this during the debug log by the way.

clue3: this problem does not exist when i use confluence, so only in quartz.

(windows xp, frodo12, quartz skin)

is this a known problem or should i post a debug log?

edit: here's the debug log anyway: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7608

I'm experiencing the same problem.
It happens when I've been away from it overnight. But when I go back to it the home screen is shown, but none of the navigation buttons work. Didn't try Enter/play button yet. The menu button does function and bring up the Favourites menu but when I go back to the Home screen the nav buttons still don't work.
The only thing that got me out of the lockup (besides rebooting) is to press & hold the menu button which brings up the quit/shutdown/reboot menu, then press menu once to close that menu and I'm back at home with all buttons working fine again.
Very strange. I've verified this 4 times.

My setup:
- ATV1 with atv remote and harmony remote
- Running Crystalbuntu 2 on HDD of ATV1
- Quartz skin (default home screen view has Movies highlighted with the 'recent movies added' across the top banner)
- Slideshow screensaver (0.1.1) that displays my music fanart pics

PS - It looks like thebearnecessit raised this issue withe the Quartz developer to see if the skin could be the problem, but after looking at the log the dev said the errors are coming from the screensaver.
Hi Ronie,
Thanks for your work on this screensaver and thanks for entertaining feedback here from the users.

Change Request:
Displaying the currently playing music on top of the screensaver is fantastic. However, it is always docked in the same location on the screen. For plasma TV owners, this will cause burn-in. Even though the text and album art changes at every song, burn-in can still result from:
- the outline of the album square
- white text constantly being lit up white in the same pixels
- the status bar outline being static

Any chance you could make it non-static?

Suggestions:
1) Make it very slowly float around the screen
2) Make it slowly scroll down
3) Every 15 seconds it fades out and fades back in another random location on screen

Thanks
(2013-05-03, 17:23)TubbyPoutine Wrote: PS - It looks like thebearnecessit raised this issue withe the Quartz developer to see if the skin could be the problem, but after looking at the log the dev said the errors are coming from the screensaver.

nope, it's probably a xbmc bug, but can be worked around in the skin.

open the Home.xml file of the Quartz skin and add the lines in bold:

Quote: <control type="button" id="8998" description="Fix ATV1 focus bug">
<include>HiddenButton</include>
<onleft>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onleft>
<onright>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onright>
<onup>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onup>
<ondown>Control.SetFocus(9000)</ondown>

<onfocus>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
<onclick>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onclick>
</control>
* Martijn remembers a ticket he once made about the "the very exact same thing™" Wink

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13698
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have XBMCbuntu on one computer and XBMC running on Ubuntu on another. On the machine running straight Ubuntu, when you go to Settings | Appearance | Screensaver Mode and select the Slideshow screensaver and then go to Settings and set it to use an image folder it will let you use network smb shares. However, when I do the same thing on the XBMCbuntu computer, it won't give the option to use smb shares. The only options are: (1) Home Folder, (2) Picture Add-ons and (3) Root File system.

Do I have to go to the Terminal and Mount a CIFS share first before the screensaver slideshow can use a network smb share?

I've searched the wiki and the forum, but not found anyone facing this same issue.
(2013-05-04, 17:46)soonerlater Wrote: I have XBMCbuntu on one computer and XBMC running on Ubuntu on another. On the machine running straight Ubuntu, when you go to Settings | Appearance | Screensaver Mode and select the Slideshow screensaver and then go to Settings and set it to use an image folder it will let you use network smb shares. However, when I do the same thing on the XBMCbuntu computer, it won't give the option to use smb shares. The only options are: (1) Home Folder, (2) Picture Add-ons and (3) Root File system.

Do I have to go to the Terminal and Mount a CIFS share first before the screensaver slideshow can use a network smb share?

I've searched the wiki and the forum, but not found anyone facing this same issue.

it will list all folders you have added as picture sources as well,
so first go to 'Pictures > Add Pictures...' and add your smb folder there.
(2013-05-03, 19:00)ronie Wrote: nope, it's probably a xbmc bug, but can be worked around in the skin.

open the Home.xml file of the Quartz skin and add the lines in bold:

Quote: <control type="button" id="8998" description="Fix ATV1 focus bug">
<include>HiddenButton</include>
<onleft>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onleft>
<onright>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onright>
<onup>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onup>
<ondown>Control.SetFocus(9000)</ondown>

<onfocus>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
<onclick>Control.SetFocus(9000)</onclick>
</control>

That fixed it. Thanks! There is still a few second delay but at least it works.
Appreciated!
(2013-04-02, 00:36)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: also,

it would be great to use an images folder within my local dropbox folder (and be able to add images once the screensaver has kicked in):

is there any way of making this screensaver slideshow check for new images during a slideshow?

reason i ask is because i want to set up my dads xbmc screensaver to use his local dropbox folder. that way i can send any photo up to dropbox at anytime, and it will sync with his computers local dropbox folder and therefore the new photo will be included in his screensaver!

only problem is the last step. the screensaver doesnt check for new images whilst is running, it seems to only check for new images after its been stopped and started again.

i think being able to add photo's to yours or your relatives xbmc screensaver would be a really popular feature. i could be at the zoo and snap a great picture of my kids and it would appear on their grandparents tv screen. perhaps the simplest way would be to add a tick box in the settings that makes the screensaver restart itself every 5 minutes or so?

ronie,

erm, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee Big Grin pretty pretty please?

is there anyway you can get the screensaver to restart itself every ten minutes?

or add an optional setting so that users can choose whether they want it to restart every ten minutes?

i think this would be a massive addition to xbmc, to have a screensaver that was able to keep up with changes to an image folder, (because then we can point it to the local dropbox folder) and grandparents around the globe would love xbmc! live pictures of their childrens children frolicking in the sunshine. think of the joy you could bring to their frail little hearts.

it would then be a live photo frame showing pictures taken half way around the world within seconds!

ronie, you have the chance to make the world a happier place!

ronie, is this one not possible mate?
(2013-05-06, 15:02)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-04-02, 00:36)thebearnecessit Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 17:17)thebearnecessit Wrote: also,

it would be great to use an images folder within my local dropbox folder (and be able to add images once the screensaver has kicked in):

is there any way of making this screensaver slideshow check for new images during a slideshow?

reason i ask is because i want to set up my dads xbmc screensaver to use his local dropbox folder. that way i can send any photo up to dropbox at anytime, and it will sync with his computers local dropbox folder and therefore the new photo will be included in his screensaver!

only problem is the last step. the screensaver doesnt check for new images whilst is running, it seems to only check for new images after its been stopped and started again.

i think being able to add photo's to yours or your relatives xbmc screensaver would be a really popular feature. i could be at the zoo and snap a great picture of my kids and it would appear on their grandparents tv screen. perhaps the simplest way would be to add a tick box in the settings that makes the screensaver restart itself every 5 minutes or so?

ronie,

erm, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeeee Big Grin pretty pretty please?

is there anyway you can get the screensaver to restart itself every ten minutes?

or add an optional setting so that users can choose whether they want it to restart every ten minutes?

i think this would be a massive addition to xbmc, to have a screensaver that was able to keep up with changes to an image folder, (because then we can point it to the local dropbox folder) and grandparents around the globe would love xbmc! live pictures of their childrens children frolicking in the sunshine. think of the joy you could bring to their frail little hearts.

it would then be a live photo frame showing pictures taken half way around the world within seconds!

ronie, you have the chance to make the world a happier place!

ronie, is this one not possible mate?

most likely it would be possible, though it might not be easy.
either way, i'm not really interested in adding this.
Hmmm. Well if anyone knows a workaround then drop me a PM. I think i would be amazing if people could update eachothers tv screensavers. I know my mum would love getting home from work to find some new pictures of her grandchildren. There must be a way Smile
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4