• 5(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-03-02, 22:22)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Anything in here to give a hint? Should I post any other debug logs?

J_K_M_A_N

shoot.. i forgot to reply :-)

i did look into it, and the weird thing is the log doesn't show any error at all.
i've never seen that happening before with python errors, they always show up in the log.

but i had another look at the code and made some minor changes that might fix this...

please give it a shot: screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.1.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-03-02, 22:31)ronie Wrote:
(2013-03-02, 22:22)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Anything in here to give a hint? Should I post any other debug logs?

J_K_M_A_N

shoot.. i forgot to reply :-)

i did look into it, and the weird thing is the log doesn't show any error at all.
i've never seen that happening before with python errors, they always show up in the log.

but i had another look at the code and made some minor changes that might fix this...

please give it a shot: screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.1.zip

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Works beautifully. It used to take about 30-40 seconds on the ATV2 and now it is less than 3! Way cool.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

J_K_M_A_N
hmm. no, i dont have any fanart stuff.
it just keeps thumbnailing, each and every image shown.

but, if i nuke the thumbnails (make them size zero or just remove them) without touching the texture13.db, then the screensaver shows black screen although with all proper file names, exif-info etc.
which means .. that images are not shown from source but from thumnails? really?

(i also tried to pre-fake all the content of texture13.db - crc, hashes, relations etc.
cpu-usage went down to 250%.. and stays there. no fun...)
yeah, seems images are shown from thumnail cache if there.
a generic xbmc code: reading xbmc/...CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork() says:
.....// not in our texture cache, so try and load directly and then cache the result

which means it does not matter how Megapixel the images are and how big the screen is, it will only show whatever cheap thumbnail it has cached, say 1280x720 (or worse).
this is not good at all - i want to see my images as well as possible.

should i make an issue out of this and where to post it?
(2013-03-03, 19:03)samoa Wrote: which means .. that images are not shown from source but from thumnails? really?

most likely yeah...
i'm not familiar with the ins and outs of the xbmc image cache though.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-03-03, 19:22)samoa Wrote: should i make an issue out of this and where to post it?

feel free to ask... just post a question in general help and support.
(2013-03-03, 19:22)samoa Wrote: yeah, seems images are shown from thumnail cache if there.
.....// not in our texture cache, so try and load directly and then cache the result

which means it does not matter how Megapixel the images are and how big the screen is, it will only show whatever cheap thumbnail it has cached, say 1280x720 (or worse).

You could do what I did, create a symbolic link in the skin dir to your images. That way, the photos are not cached and get read from the source.
I don't know if you're on xbmc for windows and I don't know the equivalent for linux/osx.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2013-03-04, 09:33)Raytestrak Wrote:
(2013-03-03, 19:22)samoa Wrote: yeah, seems images are shown from thumnail cache if there.

You could do what I did, create a symbolic link in the skin dir to your images. That way, the photos are not cached and get read from the source.
I don't know if you're on xbmc for windows and I don't know the equivalent for linux/osx.

where/which is that "skin" folder?
u sure not cached? and not tried to be cached?
coz per the src code, any image going to a ControlImage widget, gets thumbnailed/cached.. or attempted.
so far, as long as u have resources, the screen saver takes most of them.
the builtin slideshow behaves a bit better, only 200% cpu. There's a new multiImage (=slideshow) widget but it's still not exported to python..
(2013-03-04, 12:59)samoa Wrote: where/which is that "skin" folder?
u sure not cached? and not tried to be cached?
coz per the src code, any image going to a ControlImage widget, gets thumbnailed/cached.. or attempted.
so far, as long as u have resources, the screen saver takes most of them.
the builtin slideshow behaves a bit better, only 200% cpu. There's a new multiImage (=slideshow) widget but it's still not exported to python..

For me, it's skin.aeon.nox in the addons directory. mklink.exe /d imagelink "\\network\imageshare". Then, point the slideshow screensaver to the imagelink directory. My thumbnails folder doesn't get flooded with images from my networkshare anymore.

Weird thing is though, I had to go one level deeper. My screensaver points to \\network\imageshare\screensaverimages, otherwise, I would get images from the skindir and its subfolders.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2013-02-24, 23:54)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 23:28)zecoj Wrote: Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my slideshow (v0.9) keeps producing low-resolution images of all my pictures. At first run (new folder path set) images are displayed fine, original quality. But subsequent runs displays pixelated, low quality images (perhaps a low-res cache or something) of all photos. Not sure what's causing this and I'd appreciate some input for further testing.

Thanks.

yup, sound like xbmc is caching your images (at a low rez) the first time.
then on subsequent runs of the screensaver, it uses the cached ones.

i'm not sure if there's a way to disable it, but it's not something the screensaver can do.

A "show original" option would help, i think. It could be in context menu. That would be for a single picture.
(2013-03-05, 02:56)Robotica Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 23:54)ronie Wrote:
(2013-02-24, 23:28)zecoj Wrote: Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue but my slideshow (v0.9) keeps producing low-resolution images of all my pictures. At first run (new folder path set) images are displayed fine, original quality. But subsequent runs displays pixelated, low quality images (perhaps a low-res cache or something) of all photos. Not sure what's causing this and I'd appreciate some input for further testing.

Thanks.

yup, sound like xbmc is caching your images (at a low rez) the first time.
then on subsequent runs of the screensaver, it uses the cached ones.

i'm not sure if there's a way to disable it, but it's not something the screensaver can do.

A "show original" option would help, i think. It could be in context menu.

and what should this 'show original option' do?
the slideshow addon already tells xbmc to show the originals. ;-)

it simply lists the images in the picture folder you've selected
and passes them to xbmc.

what happens next it out of the screensavers hands.
Aha, it's only the cached lists... Sorry.

Also, (recursive) slideshows always loops. Should this be an option if someone want it to stop after going through all photos once? For the screensaver this makes sense but for individual slideshows, I doubt.

For plasma panel users, it'll be really safe to have an option for changing vertical black bars when displaying non 16:9 pictures, from black to 50% grey. I don't know if that could be done easily, and even it this could be set for 4:3 videos as well.
Hi Ronie, I also have a more general question. Let's say someone wants to add Picturama as an extra transition effect in the slideshow. Or maybe Windows-style. I guess this would need to be a new addon? Or should this be build into this screensaver?

Is it then possible to switch on-thy-fly to another screensaver? Where should a user do this?
(2013-03-06, 14:52)Robotica Wrote: Hi Ronie, I also have a more general question. Let's say someone wants to add Picturama as an extra transition effect in the slideshow. Or maybe Windows-style. I guess this would need to be a new addon? Or should this be build into this screensaver?

Is it then possible to switch on-thy-fly to another screensaver? Where should a user do this?

anything that displays more than one image on screen has to be done as a separate screensaver at least.

xbmc doesn't support on-the-fly screensaver switching.
(2013-03-05, 03:14)Robotica Wrote: Aha, it's only the cached lists... Sorry.

Also, (recursive) slideshows always loops. Should this be an option if someone want it to stop after going through all photos once? For the screensaver this makes sense but for individual slideshows, I doubt.
you lost me there... we're discussing a screensaver here, so of course it loops forever :-)
(2013-03-05, 03:14)Robotica Wrote: For plasma panel users, it'll be really safe to have an option for changing vertical black bars when displaying non 16:9 pictures, from black to 50% grey.
what's the problem with black bars and plasma?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4