• 10(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
This screen saver has been working very well. Thank you. I would still love to see the tags (or keywords) I have on my photos come up on screen though. I noticed that the mypictures database add on reads the tags that you can enter in windows 7 and xp. (I think it calls them keywords.) Any chance of figuring out how they read those and adding that to this screen saver? (Totally understandable if you are uninterested. Thanks for all the hard work you have already done.)

J_K_M_A_N
Hello,

Some years ago, on very early XBMC versions, I have seen during a very short period (and never retrieved after), an screen-saver in slide-show mode, which was exactly like this image captured from the actual slide-show screen-saver icon:

When the screen-saver was running, the photos (Coming from the folder chosen in settings), appeared one after one in each of the different photo frames

Questions:
-> Do you remember this old version ?
-> Is this old screen-saver always alive and hidden somewhere ?

I should like to retrieve it !

Thanks for all Smile
Jean-Max

OpenELEC on 2 ZBOX
KODI on 4 Windows PC
(2013-05-07, 14:50)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: This screen saver has been working very well. Thank you. I would still love to see the tags (or keywords) I have on my photos come up on screen though. I noticed that the mypictures database add on reads the tags that you can enter in windows 7 and xp. (I think it calls them keywords.) Any chance of figuring out how they read those and adding that to this screen saver? (Totally understandable if you are uninterested. Thanks for all the hard work you have already done.)

J_K_M_A_N

have you tried going to the screensaver addon settings and enable 'Display additional picture tags' ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yes, but it only reads a certain kind I guess. I have 1 picture that it shows it on and that was done by someone else. I don't see that tag in Windows. I think in the past when in debug mode I saw a line that said something about it appears to have EXIF data but it can't read it. Not sure why.

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-05-07, 18:32)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Yes, but it only reads a certain kind I guess. I have 1 picture that it shows it on and that was done by someone else. I don't see that tag in Windows. I think in the past when in debug mode I saw a line that said something about it appears to have EXIF data but it can't read it. Not sure why.

J_K_M_A_N

most likely because there are multiple standards for image metadata (EXIF / IPTC / XMP).
the screensaver will get the 'picture date taken' from the EXIF tags and the other additional data, like tag/keywords, from the IPTC fields.

there's no support for XMP data.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2013-05-07, 23:16)ronie Wrote: most likely because there are multiple standards for image metadata (EXIF / IPTC / XMP).
the screensaver will get the 'picture date taken' from the EXIF tags and the other additional data, like tag/keywords, from the IPTC fields.

there's no support for XMP data.

That is what is weird about that mypictures database plugin. It reads ALL of my tags/keywords. I am wondering if they added that ability (I would guess since it doesn't seem to work by default in yours).

J_K_M_A_N
I found this in the mypictures database:

Code:
###############################
            #    getting  XMP infos       #
            try:
                common.log( "VFSScanner._get_metas()._get_exif()", 'Reading XMP tags from "%s"'%fullpath)
                xmp = self._get_xmp(fullpath)
                picentry.update(xmp)
                common.log( "VFSScanner._get_metas()._get_exif()", "Finished reading XMP tags")
            except Exception,msg:
                common.log( "VFSScanner._get_metas()._get_xmp()", "Exception", xbmc.LOGERROR)
                print msg

And this:

Code:
def _get_xmp(self, fullpath):
        # get XMP infos               #
        tags = {}
        try:
            xmpclass = XMP_Tags()

tags = xmpclass.get_xmp(os.path.dirname(fullpath), os.path.basename(fullpath))

except Exception, msg:
            common.log("VFSScanner._get_xmp", 'Error reading XMP tags for "%s"'%(fullpath), xbmc.LOGERROR)
            common.log("VFSScanner._get_xmp",  "%s - %s"%(Exception,msg), xbmc.LOGERROR )

return tags

I don't know enough about python to know if this is all they use to get the tags I use or what. Could that be used to show those tags in your screen saver? (Or maybe it is the iptc code instead. I have no idea.)

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-05-08, 06:00)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: I don't know enough about python to know if this is all they use to get the tags I use or what. Could that be used to show those tags in your screen saver? (Or maybe it is the iptc code instead. I have no idea.)

J_K_M_A_N

if you can provide a sample picture, i can check what kinda tags are embedded.
Here is a sample photo. It has the tags Devils Gulch;Garretson SD;2012. I just use the tag property in Windows 7. Hopefully that will help. Smile Thanks for checking it out.

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-05-09, 17:25)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Here is a sample photo. It has the tags Devils Gulch;Garretson SD;2012. I just use the tag property in Windows 7. Hopefully that will help. Smile Thanks for checking it out.

J_K_M_A_N

the tags show up fine in the screensaver on my end....

doublecheck you're using the latest version (0.1.1)
Hmmm....Not working here. I will try and uninstall everything and start over.

J_K_M_A_N
Can you please try this one.....And maybe this one.

I had edited that other one to make it smaller and it works on mine as well. I tried some others and they don't work unless I open them in Photoshop and save them again. No idea why. So these two do not show the tags and I did not edit them. Can you maybe see what I need to do? (Hopefully not open every photo and resave it. I have 1000's of them. Tongue) Thank you so much!

J_K_M_A_N
I was thinking of that error I saw before and am wondering if it errors on one kind of tag and then skips the kind I have. Maybe it can check all kinds and display whatever it finds.

J_K_M_A_N
(2013-05-09, 20:50)J_K_M_A_N Wrote: Can you please try this one.....And maybe this one.

yup, those don't contain IPTC keywords.
(2013-05-03, 17:39)TubbyPoutine Wrote: Hi Ronie,
Thanks for your work on this screensaver and thanks for entertaining feedback here from the users.

Change Request:
Displaying the currently playing music on top of the screensaver is fantastic. However, it is always docked in the same location on the screen. For plasma TV owners, this will cause burn-in. Even though the text and album art changes at every song, burn-in can still result from:
- the outline of the album square
- white text constantly being lit up white in the same pixels
- the status bar outline being static

Any chance you could make it non-static?

Suggestions:
1) Make it very slowly float around the screen
2) Make it slowly scroll down
3) Every 15 seconds it fades out and fades back in another random location on screen

Thanks

Hi Ronie,
Any thoughts on this?
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4