• 13(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2013-05-29, 19:06)soonerlater Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 01:21)ZERO Ibis; Wrote: Found a bug:

When using a custom image folder it will sometimes use images from fanart that is not in your custom image folder. For example I saw fanart from one of my movies when the folder was set to custom and that folder does not contain the image which was displayed by the screensaver.

(2013-05-14, 21:44)ZERO Ibis; Wrote: the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.

(2013-05-22, 20:01)ronie Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 21:44)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: the solution was to disable image cach option. I think the code needs to be set to clear the cach when the source is changed.

agreed, i'll see if i can make it act like that.

On my system (XBMC 12.2 for Linux running on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS), if I disable the cache, then the slideshow never starts (with my selected folder of images or with fan art). This is true even after a reboot. If I allow it to create a cache, then the slideshow runs, but much of the time, it runs using fanart instead of the folder I have selected (smb://192.168.3.127/photos/keepers).

As I have posted previously, the problem of the screensaver using fanart when it should be using a custom folder is NOT fixed in 12.2. It appears to be timing out when the slideshow tries to access the share containing photos. However, it *never* times out when loading a video from the same NAS (smb:/192.168.3.127/video).

It's been suggested on this thread to increase the timeout value, but since that affects the entire installation (not just the slideshow) and since it's not timing out when trying to access video, this suggestion makes no sense to me (but I'm not a programmer).

if you don't want to take my advice or even accept my knowledgeably on whether some bug is fixed or not...
fine, you just need to find yourself another screensaver.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey Ronnie, I think I found another bug related to the cache in v1.4

Since upgrading from XBMC v12.1 to v12.2 my xbmc.log files are in the GB's as high as 25GB's.

There are thousands of errors like these.
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=U3P9Af1A

Here is everything that preceded the above errors.
http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=xBXvANNv

When I disabled "Enable image cache" under Advanced section the file size error logging problem went away.

As I mentioned above, v1.4 didn't seem to be a problem until after I upgraded from v12.1 to v12.2, so maybe something changed in XBMC to trigger these errors in this add-on?

I have not tried turning the cache back on to see if issue reoccurs.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-05-29, 20:50)CaptainKen Wrote: Hey Ronnie, I think I found another bug related to the cache in v1.4

Since upgrading from XBMC v12.1 to v12.2 my xbmc.log files are in the GB's as high as 25GB's.

heh...how did that happen? :-)
not sure what's changed between 12.1 and 12.2, but it's likely that some logging stuff has changed.

it looks like you're using the cache option in combination with video fanart?

if so, that's even weirder.. the addon should ignore the cache when fanart is selected.
caching is only useful when using a very large image folder.

anyway, i've gone though the code and added some extra checks here and there.
would you mind mind testing: screensaver.xbmc.slideshow-0.1.6.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thx Ronnie, I finally got around to installing it and will let you know what happens.
Shocked 
Hi there Ronnie

I am pretty new to this, but this screen saver is just what I am looking for however....
I have set my image folder to smb/Share folder and created a cache, I have disabled visualisation during play back, enabled music info, but all that happens is miusic plays, the screen goes black and the track info comes up and then goes black again, it is as thought "screensaver" does not "fire up" (sorry for such a technical explanation) . I am running 12.2 on both an xp windows version and android 4.0 version (android TV box) and I have the same issue
What am I missing here please

Regards
Ian
(2013-06-07, 23:18)IanMWheeler Wrote: Hi there Ronnie

I am pretty new to this, but this screen saver is just what I am looking for however....
I have set my image folder to smb/Share folder and created a cache, I have disabled visualisation during play back, enabled music info, but all that happens is miusic plays, the screen goes black and the track info comes up and then goes black again, it is as thought "screensaver" does not "fire up" (sorry for such a technical explanation) . I am running 12.2 on both an xp windows version and android 4.0 version (android TV box) and I have the same issue
What am I missing here please

Regards
Ian

first, manually test if the screensaver works:
Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > - Preview

if that works ok, check this option, it needs to be disabled:
Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Use visualization if playing audio

that should make the screensaver kick in after x mintutes of inactivity during music playback
the amount of time before the screensaver starts, can be configured here:
Settings > Appearance > Screensaver > Screensaver time
Wink 
Ronnie

You are king - this is fantastic - thank you so much!!!!

I missed the activate bit - sorry should learn to readTongue

Ian
(2013-05-31, 16:47)CaptainKen Wrote: Thx Ronnie, I finally got around to installing it and will let you know what happens.

Hey Ronnie, just a quick heads up that it seems to be fine now. thx again!
Love this screensaver, thanks for the great work!

Question: I use the folder names as labels for the images, but there appears to be an arbitrary max length displayed (beyond which gets truncated to "..."). Is it possible to increase that max length to display longer names?

Thanks!

-Florp
(2013-06-09, 19:54)Florp Wrote: Love this screensaver, thanks for the great work!

Question: I use the folder names as labels for the images, but there appears to be an arbitrary max length displayed (beyond which gets truncated to "..."). Is it possible to increase that max length to display longer names?

Thanks!

-Florp

if i would increase it then it might overlap with the exif info on the left side of the screen.
Hi, I have just started trying Screensaver. It took quite a while to discover that you have to change Settings - System - Power saving - Put display to sleep when idle to OFF, or some other high setting so that it doesn't override Screensaver (Read a few hours of frustration).

But now it works great.
I was wondering if it would be possible to improve the scaling or have an option for a high performance scalier as when very larger images get resized they look terrible.
(2013-06-16, 03:41)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: I was wondering if it would be possible to improve the scaling or have an option for a high performance scalier as when very larger images get resized they look terrible.

Lanczos3 you mean?
(2013-06-16, 03:41)ZERO <ibis> Wrote: I was wondering if it would be possible to improve the scaling or have an option for a high performance scalier as when very larger images get resized they look terrible.

scaling is done by xbmc, not the screensaver.
the 'feature request' section on the forum might be a better place for this discussion ;-)
rgr that will make a thread there.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4