• 23(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hello,

Before the update, I had the "rolling pointed wheel" instead of photos (15000 pics stored on Synology NAS)
So, I updated manually to 1.0.6 version yesterday.
Now, no more rolling wheel, but I got BLACK SCREEN with the photo date in the bottom right corner .... but no photos displayed
If I exit the slideshow... sometime it work, sometime it crashed.....
My cache is disabled in the settings !!!

Any idea of what is wrong ??

MERCI... and sorry for my poor english
(2014-10-26, 17:43)ronie Wrote:
(2014-10-26, 12:30)djoole Wrote: Hi Ronie,

I'm using 1.0.5 with a network (samba) folder full of subfolders, themselves being full of photos.
There must be more than 1000 photos.

I have the strange feeling I'm not seeing all of them...
Is there a way to check that?

On the other hand, i set up the screensaver so that i also get the photos slideshow on pause instead of dim, and several times, after letting the pause on a long time, i found XBMC crashed with a last line in the logs referring to the slideshow addon, but nothing explaining though.
I would like to enable debug and post logs, but haven't taken the time to do so yet (having the debug display in OSD during playback is PITA, it should be an option)
In the mean time i reactivated the dim option when paused.

check if 'create cache' is enabled in the addon settings.
if so, you may need to hit 'update cache', this will create a fresh index of all your images.
the results of this action are saved to a file in:
../userdata/addon_data/screensaver.picture.slideshow/<hash>

as for the debug log without on-screen info, you can enable this through advancedsettings:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#loglevel

Cache is disabled, so i don't have to update it.
Any other idea?
When i first installed the plugin, cache was enabled by default.. maybe there still is an index present that would prevent the plugin to fin new pics, although cache is disabled?

Thanks for the tip about debug log, i'll try to reactivate photos during pause and reproduce the bug in order to post the logs

@aktarus, did you try with the 1.0.5? That's the one I'm using and i haven't your problem
(2014-10-29, 18:23)djoole Wrote: Cache is disabled, so i don't have to update it.
Any other idea?
enable cache, create update, then disable cache again.
you'll now have an up-to-date index file that you can check for missing images.
(2014-10-29, 18:23)djoole Wrote: When i first installed the plugin, cache was enabled by default.. maybe there still is an index present that would prevent the plugin to fin new pics, although cache is disabled?
nope, the adoon will ignore the index file if cache is disabled.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-10-29, 17:07)aktarus Wrote: Hello,

Before the update, I had the "rolling pointed wheel" instead of photos (15000 pics stored on Synology NAS)
Now, no more rolling wheel, but I got BLACK SCREEN with the photo date in the bottom right corner .... but no photos displayed

please post a Debug Log
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-10-29, 20:03)ronie Wrote:
(2014-10-29, 17:07)aktarus Wrote: Hello,

please post a Debug Log

Hi,

I experienced the same issue.
Finally I realized that it was caused by the XBMC cache filling the disk up (not the cache in the screensaver addon). After purging the cache, it worked for a while again.
The permanent solution (other than regularly purging the cache) was suggested in this thread, where soemone told us that the caching of pictures may be disabled in XBMC, see in post #314 1807828 (post)

Hope this helps,
Zsolt
Quote:Hi,

Finally I realized that it was caused by the XBMC cache filling the disk up (not the cache in the screensaver addon). After purging the cache, it worked for a while again.
The permanent solution (other than regularly purging the cache) was suggested in this thread, where soemone told us that the caching of pictures may be disabled in XBMC, see in post #314 1807828 (post)

Hope this helps,
Zsolt

Thank you for the hint,
So, my XBMC installation is on an MINIX Android tv box ...
So does't it mean that I have to clear application cache in the android parameter ?? Or it's inside XMBC ??

MERCI Smile
(2014-10-30, 13:42)aktarus Wrote:
Quote:Hi,

Hope this helps,
Zsolt

Thank you for the hint,
So, my XBMC installation is on an MINIX Android tv box ...
So does't it mean that I have to clear application cache in the android parameter ?? Or it's inside XMBC ??

MERCI Smile

I am not an XBMC expert, only found the info on purging the cache in a Google search, here is the link: http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=12004, see post #2.

On the other hand, ronie promised to include in a future version the possibility to disable caching, let's hope it is coming...
(2014-10-30, 15:29)zsole2 Wrote: On the other hand, ronie promised to include in a future version the possibility to disable caching, let's hope it is coming...

thx for the reminder, will try to send an update to the addon repo later today.
Hi dev,

At least with the last nightly (20141027) I cannot show pictures from a recursive directory anymore. I traced it to utils.py, where
if xbmcvfs.exists(xbmc.translatePath(folder)):
always returns false because it requires a trailing slash after the path to actually test for a path instead of a file. The
dirs,files = xbmcvfs.listdir(folder)
returns paths without trailing slash, so no directory is ever recursed.

Adding a slash solves this and recurses all my picture directories.

What I don't understand is that the plugin is not changed, and the last change to xbmcvfs.exists is from begin 2013 according to github. So how can it still work under XBMC 14.0-alpha-3..?
(2014-10-30, 16:56)Aardvark Wrote: Hi dev,

At least with the last nightly (20141027) I cannot show pictures from a recursive directory anymore. I traced it to utils.py, where
always returns false because it requires a trailing slash after the path to actually test for a path instead of a file. The

What I don't understand is that the plugin is not changed, and the last change to xbmcvfs.exists is from begin 2013 according to github. So how can it still work under XBMC 14.0-alpha-3..?

Ok...
Can I modify it manually or we have to wait a new release..??
If I can do it manually, can you telle me wich file to modify ... and exactly what I have to modify !!

MERCI
(2014-10-30, 17:35)aktarus Wrote: Ok...
Can I modify it manually or we have to wait a new release..??
If I can do it manually, can you telle me wich file to modify ... and exactly what I have to modify !!

MERCI

See post #314

Edit: My jetlag is still bothering me it seems ... Thought the question was how to disable caching manually. Sorry for the BS answer.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2014-10-30, 16:56)Aardvark Wrote: Hi dev,

nice catch!
this issue does not occur on linux, hence i never noticed it.
today i gave it a shot on windows, and indeed, recursive scan failed miserably.

will fix that ofc.
A very good addon! Thanks! I have one issue with this addon: When I remove a picture of the folder, it still shows it. I use 2.0.7 and indexing is set to off, running on a rpi openelec. As I understood this should be off when you want to be flexible with the folder content.
I use it to show pictures but I want to change these now and then. So it would be great if it would check the folder each cycle if there were any updates. Or am I missing something?
Or does anyone have the code available to delete the index and thumbnails each cycle?

Thanks!
Hi everyone.

I've been using this screensaver no problems for months on end to display music fanart after 2 mins as my mrs leaves the tv on when she's listening to music.

She told me the other day a message came up on screen but she can't remember what. This defaulted the screensaver back to the default.

Now I've changed it back to slideshow but no matter what dim level I select it stays at what seems full brightness.

Any suggestions?
(2014-10-31, 18:50)GTunney Wrote: Hi everyone.

I've been using this screensaver no problems for months on end to display music fanart after 2 mins as my mrs leaves the tv on when she's listening to music.

She told me the other day a message came up on screen but she can't remember what. This defaulted the screensaver back to the default.
it was probably a notification that an update for the slideshow screensaver was available.

(2014-10-31, 18:50)GTunney Wrote: Now I've changed it back to slideshow but no matter what dim level I select it stays at what seems full brightness.

which skin are you using ?
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4