• 25(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hello,

The screensaver works now in my android TV box ... thank you so much Smile

I only have a little bug/question about it..
ALL my photos in the slideshow are "zoomed in" and I don't see all the picture !!!!
Sliding, crossfade our pan/zoom transition is the same... a part of the photos is missing !!!!
In a perfect world, each picture should be scale to be fullscreen displayed and not be cropped by too high zoom level !!

Can I do something for it and zoom out the slideshow Huh

MERCI Smile
Update from previous dimming issue ... all working fine now Smile
(2014-11-14, 15:55)SniperZoz Wrote: Update from previous dimming issue ... all working fine now Smile

What do you want to say ?? I don't understand !!
I'm supposed to run tha latest version of the screensaver.
Sorry for my poor english Smile
(2014-11-14, 15:30)aktarus Wrote: Hello,

The screensaver works now in my android TV box ... thank you so much Smile

I only have a little bug/question about it..
ALL my photos in the slideshow are "zoomed in" and I don't see all the picture !!!!
Sliding, crossfade our pan/zoom transition is the same... a part of the photos is missing !!!!
In a perfect world, each picture should be scale to be fullscreen displayed and not be cropped by too high zoom level !!

Can I do something for it and zoom out the slideshow Huh

MERCI Smile

1) make sure 'Scale images fullscreen' is disabled in the addon settings

2) select either 'slide' or 'crossfade' as the effect, the addon does not zoom the image in those cases.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I remember one of the old slideshow screensavers (I think the original) had a variable zoom level, set in the advancedsettings by changing the blackbarcompensation level. Maybe an idea for a new feature? Or different zoom level depending on aspect ratio of the original image?
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2014-11-14, 19:09)ronie Wrote: 1) make sure 'Scale images fullscreen' is disabled in the addon settings

2) select either 'slide' or 'crossfade' as the effect, the addon does not zoom the image in those cases.

THANK YOU ... it's working well now !! Exactly like I expected Smile

I have a little last question for you to make my perfect world..

I set up the screensaver to start after 10 minutes..
If I'm standby at the home screen, the screensaver start after 10 minutes,
But if I listen music, the screensaver never start... is it normal or not ??
My settings are supposed to be ok, but during music playback, only music fanart change in background, but no photo slideshow after 10 minute !!!
I'm using gotham on Android tvbox with Aeon Nox skin !!

MERCI BEAUCOUP !!!!
(2014-11-15, 01:03)aktarus Wrote: I set up the screensaver to start after 10 minutes..
If I'm standby at the home screen, the screensaver start after 10 minutes,
But if I listen music, the screensaver never start... is it normal or not ??
My settings are supposed to be ok, but during music playback, only music fanart change in background, but no photo slideshow after 10 minute !!!
I'm using gotham on Android tvbox with Aeon Nox skin !!

disable this setting:
settings > appearance > screensaver > use visualisation if playing audio
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-11-15, 01:32)ronie Wrote: disable this setting:

Hello,

I changed my settings, but no screensaver start after 10 minutes while listen musik !!!! Sad

Another question/bug:
When i'm idle at the welcome screen...the screensaver start well after 10 minutes,
but if library scan start during the screensaver, slideshow freeze on a single photo ... and if I click "escape" on my keypad, XBMC crash 1/2 of time !!!!

Any hint to solve my last two problem ??

MERCI Smile
(2014-11-17, 17:42)aktarus Wrote:
(2014-11-15, 01:32)ronie Wrote: disable this setting:

Hello,

I changed my settings, but no screensaver start after 10 minutes while listen musik !!!! Sad

Another question/bug:
When i'm idle at the welcome screen...the screensaver start well after 10 minutes,
but if library scan start during the screensaver, slideshow freeze on a single photo ... and if I click "escape" on my keypad, XBMC crash 1/2 of time !!!!

Any hint to solve my last two problem ??

MERCI Smile

make sure you have the latest version of the screensaver (v1.0.8 if you're using xbmc gotham).
other than that, i'm afraid i don't know.
I've been using this screensaver since 1.0.4. Lately, I've noticed that the screensaver prevents showing the window for entering the master lock code. I use multiple logins. One with password and one without. If I'm on the restricted login, I need to enter the password to exit screensaver. However, the screensaver is preventing me from seeing the text box. I can still enter the password, but I have to do it blind since the window is under the screensaver. Rolling back to 1.0.4 fixes the issue, but the problem exists in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. I was not able to rollback to 1.0.6 or 1.0.5 for testing.

The problem exists in all skins when I have this slideshow screensaver active. The problem goes away with other screensavers.

Any ideas?
(2014-11-18, 00:01)bigbully Wrote: I've been using this screensaver since 1.0.4. Lately, I've noticed that the screensaver prevents showing the window for entering the master lock code. I use multiple logins. One with password and one without. If I'm on the restricted login, I need to enter the password to exit screensaver. However, the screensaver is preventing me from seeing the text box. I can still enter the password, but I have to do it blind since the window is under the screensaver. Rolling back to 1.0.4 fixes the issue, but the problem exists in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. I was not able to rollback to 1.0.6 or 1.0.5 for testing.

The problem exists in all skins when I have this slideshow screensaver active. The problem goes away with other screensavers.

Any ideas?

that's correct, i changed it in v1.0.5 or so.
the change was needed to make sure that the screensaver will cover all dialogs.
see: 1650345 (post)

it would be very difficult to make an exception for some dialogs under certain circumstances.
(2014-11-18, 00:29)ronie Wrote:
(2014-11-18, 00:01)bigbully Wrote: I've been using this screensaver since 1.0.4. Lately, I've noticed that the screensaver prevents showing the window for entering the master lock code. I use multiple logins. One with password and one without. If I'm on the restricted login, I need to enter the password to exit screensaver. However, the screensaver is preventing me from seeing the text box. I can still enter the password, but I have to do it blind since the window is under the screensaver. Rolling back to 1.0.4 fixes the issue, but the problem exists in 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. I was not able to rollback to 1.0.6 or 1.0.5 for testing.

Any ideas?

that's correct, i changed it in v1.0.5 or so.
the change was needed to make sure that the screensaver will cover all dialogs.
see: 1650345 (post)

it would be very difficult to make an exception for some dialogs under certain circumstances.
Ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I will stick with 1.0.4 unless you see some reason I shouldn't.
(2014-11-18, 00:33)bigbully Wrote: Ok. Thanks for the quick reply. I will stick with 1.0.4 unless you see some reason I shouldn't.

Could be fixed by editing DialogNumeric.xml in affected skin to set zorder of 6 if you understand how to do it. I don't think this will cause any side effects, but can't say for sure. Can't recommend doing this though if you have no experience with skin modding.

scott s.
Hi!

I'm trying to display the pictures that are on my server onto the TV with this addon. Settings are:

- random fluently
- 10 sec display
- 1 folder contains the pics (only jpeg files (original 5 mb pics)

The addon has a hard time displaying the pictures in a nice sequence when the screensaver is active. Two pictures are displayed (sometimes shortly) and then all turns to black. Then a new one pops up (not fading in) to turn to black after the second pic was shown.

It seems like the RPi has trouble with the traffic. There is a ethernet cable attached to the RPi which goes to the router (via giga switch) and there's no trouble when streaming (big) movie files. Is there anything I can do about this?

thanks for any help!

If you advise to use another add-on for displaying, I'm all ears!! Can't seem to find an add-on that displays pictures (in multiple folders on server) with a fade effect. Other add ons only have flashy transitions but thats not appropriate for the purpose: showing pics in the background on the TV.
(2014-11-22, 16:54)MacLA Wrote: Hi!

I'm trying to display the pictures that are on my server onto the TV with this addon. Settings are:

- random fluently
- 10 sec display
- 1 folder contains the pics (only jpeg files (original 5 mb pics)

The addon has a hard time displaying the pictures in a nice sequence when the screensaver is active. Two pictures are displayed (sometimes shortly) and then all turns to black. Then a new one pops up (not fading in) to turn to black after the second pic was shown.

It seems like the RPi has trouble with the traffic. There is a ethernet cable attached to the RPi which goes to the router (via giga switch) and there's no trouble when streaming (big) movie files. Is there anything I can do about this?

thanks for any help!

If you advise to use another add-on for displaying, I'm all ears!! Can't seem to find an add-on that displays pictures (in multiple folders on server) with a fade effect. Other add ons only have flashy transitions but thats not appropriate for the purpose: showing pics in the background on the TV.

Hello,
In my experience, this is not a traffic problem, it happens because of the local caching of the large images takes a lot of time. For me, caching of images between 1 and 2 MB took several seconds, during which the screen remained black. Then the pic showed up. You can check if this is the problem by setting a longer display time.
In any case, disbling cache for XBMC helps, it eliminates the lag. See post #314 in this thread. This also helps when the full storage is filled up with the cached images, then the screen goes permanently black, irrespectively any delay in loading.
Hope this helps!
Zsolt
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4