• 28(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?
(2014-12-16, 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote: Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-08, 02:55)ronie Wrote: that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.
your only option is to get rid of it.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

Many thanks in advance. Great screensaver, by the way.
(2014-12-22, 14:44)richardb70 Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 02:55)ronie Wrote: that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

i can't be of much help i'm afraid. as already said, the issue is the script.video.F4mProxy addon.

the fix is that the addon needs to expose all the libraries it provides under 1 unique name,
and not provide a handful of libraries under very common names.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2014-12-16, 23:26)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote: Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10

Well, now in Helix 14 it shows video fanart instead of pictures from selected folder Smile
(2014-12-27, 18:34)chumaj001 Wrote: Well, now in Helix 14 it shows video fanart instead of pictures from selected folder Smile

if you'll post a Debug Log on xbmclogs.com i'll have a look.
This is a dumb question i'm sure, but I've lost a few hours searching for an answer.

I have a windows share with my pictures - \\server\pics
I can see those pics on XBMC, no problem.

How do I configure the slideshow to see this path? The only path that the addon sees are local folders.
I know it's possible because I have a year-old raspberry pi (with paspbmc) that I've configured this way, working great until now... but I cant remember how I did it.

PS: if I remember correctly I've use some kind of symlink, but now idea how to do it, just followed some guide. I'm a Windows user only Sad
(2014-12-28, 14:10)aristofeles Wrote: This is a dumb question i'm sure, but I've lost a few hours searching for an answer.

How do I configure the slideshow to see this path? The only path that the addon sees are local folders.
I know it's possible because I have a year-old raspberry pi (with paspbmc) that I've configured this way, working great until now... but I cant remember how I did it.

PS: if I remember correctly I've use some kind of symlink, but now idea how to do it, just followed some guide. I'm a Windows user only Sad

you first need to go to the pictures section in kodi and add your share there (using the 'add pictures...' option).
(2014-12-28, 16:23)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 14:10)aristofeles Wrote: This is a dumb question i'm sure, but I've lost a few hours searching for an answer.

you first need to go to the pictures section in kodi and add your share there (using the 'add pictures...' option).

Indeed, I've added the network path but didn't add the path to the pictures section.
... and spent 2 or 3 hours trying to solve this "problem". I love my weekends....

Thanks, it was that simple!
Small question.

Is it possible to configure the screen saver to only pan either horizontally OR vertically (w/o zoom) for pictures where the asepct ratio does not fit the screen? I mean in a way that never black borders appear? (Hope it's clear... not easy to describe w/o pictures)

So a panorama picture would simply pan horizontally, whereas a 3:2 picture would simply pan vertically on the 16:9 screen.

If not: would be a desired feature for me. Big Grin Nod

Thx
Diddle
(2015-01-07, 13:52)diddle Wrote: Small question.

Is it possible to configure the screen saver to only pan either horizontally OR vertically (w/o zoom) for pictures where the asepct ratio does not fit the screen? I mean in a way that never black borders appear? (Hope it's clear... not easy to describe w/o pictures)

So a panorama picture would simply pan horizontally, whereas a 3:2 picture would simply pan vertically on the 16:9 screen.

If not: would be a desired feature for me. Big Grin Nod

Thx
Diddle

black borders can be avoided by enabling the "Scale images fullscreen" setting in the addon.
there's no option to only pan horizontal/vertical though.
(2014-12-22, 18:00)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 14:44)richardb70 Wrote:

Hi Ronie,

i can't be of much help i'm afraid. as already said, the issue is the script.video.F4mProxy addon.

the fix is that the addon needs to expose all the libraries it provides under 1 unique name,

Hello everyone,

I really love this screensaver.. but I also need F4mProxy addon in my XBMC ...
Any way to use these two at the same time ?? I'm still on Gotham, so I run the 1.0.9 version.

MERCI Smile
(2015-01-07, 14:48)aktarus Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 18:00)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-22, 14:44)richardb70 Wrote: Hi Ronie,

Hello everyone,

I really love this screensaver.. but I also need F4mProxy addon in my XBMC ...
Any way to use these two at the same time ?? I'm still on Gotham, so I run the 1.0.9 version.

MERCI Smile

you need to ask that question to the maintainer of the F4mProxy addon.
Is it possible to change the location where the EXIF information is shown (i.e. instead of the bottom right, I would like it to be at the top right), as well as change the format/type of information shown?

I.E. I would love for it to show the Date YYYY MM-DD instead of mm-dd-yyyy. I would also like for it to show the camera model used (underneath). I searched for a wiki on what to do in order to have this, but can't find any info on how to modify this (if even possible).

Thank you in advance
Hi Ronie,

(2015-01-07, 14:15)ronie Wrote: there's no option to only pan horizontal/vertical though.

any chance you take this as an enhancement request? Blush

Diddle.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4