• 30(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-03-18, 09:02)jimix Wrote: Hi ,

Is it possible to rescan the directory for pictures by using a command line , so that we can schedule a task in crontab to do it ?

ideally this will be handled by the addon.
i once had a look at the code to check what's needed to add this kind of functionality
and came to the conclusion it would require quite a bit of re-coding to implement it.
it's still on my to-do list though.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-03-20, 18:01)ronie Wrote:
(2015-03-18, 09:02)jimix Wrote: Hi ,

Is it possible to rescan the directory for pictures by using a command line , so that we can schedule a task in crontab to do it ?

ideally this will be handled by the addon.
i once had a look at the code to check what's needed to add this kind of functionality
and came to the conclusion it would require quite a bit of re-coding to implement it.
it's still on my to-do list though.

I've once asked Takoi (Watchdog Addon) to implement similar feature.

Ideally this would use a sysevents/polling but this would need changes to the core of Kodi. Time-based intervals could be easier but less efficient.
Had setup Kodi for first time this week on model B+ 512Mb rpi.
Installed the screensaver add on and pointed it to my Windows shared picture folder (that contains over 15K images in several folders).
All works nice for few minutes but then the screen blacks out while image date & time information on lower right corner still changes every 5 seconds as if the images are still running.

Any idea why that happens?
Do you have another screensaver set-up at the same time?

I do not have date time info showing on my slideshow screensaver and I didn't think this was possible. (See post #426 in this very thread)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1927842
This is the image date and time (when image was taken) information that appears. Not the current date and time.
I don't believe I have another screen saver running as the image date and time does keeps on updating though the screen remains black.
(2015-03-25, 22:18)leviran1 Wrote: Had setup Kodi for first time this week on model B+ 512Mb rpi.
Installed the screensaver add on and pointed it to my Windows shared picture folder (that contains over 15K images in several folders).
All works nice for few minutes but then the screen blacks out while image date & time information on lower right corner still changes every 5 seconds as if the images are still running.

Any idea why that happens?

My Rpi B+ 512Mb has the same behavior with SOME pictures as well.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Just for reference, it works fine on my Windows 7 64bit set-up although ALL the pictures are downloaded via Kodi or its add-ons. I do not have the screensaver set-up on the 2 Rpi's I have. I will set one up pointing to the same media store to see what happens.
I suspect that perhaps the Rpi doesn't have the horsepower. Also perhaps the issue is only with higher res photos, but I haven't had time to dig into that those theories.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
The hidden files might be a thing, will try checking this tonight.
AS I bought the Rpi mainly for digital picture frame I'll be very disappointing if he doesn't have the power..
In that case I'll might just have to resort to stock viewers instead of fancy tools and see if that works.
hi.
All good, but there is 1 problem

plugin shows only 1 fanart
need a fix, if in the movie \ series have a folder "extrafanart" you need each time randomly chose a picture from a folder

or mb

just when plugin start the scan path and find all the folders "extrafanart" and display a random image from a random folder

this can be done?

thank you
sorry, i don't understand what you're trying to say.

if you select 'video fanart' as the image source, the screensaver will retrieve the images from the video database.
all the fanart that was scanned when you added your movies to the library will be shown.

if you select the 'image folder' as the image source, the selected folder will be scanned for images recursively.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Example.

I downloaded fanarts using artwork downloader. For example, 10 fanart for series and 10 fanart for the film.
In the movie folder was created folder "extrafanart" in the series too "extrafanart"

20 Fanarts (10 in the series and 10 in the film), but plugin shows only 1 fanart for movie and 1 for the series from the database.
Doesn't show a slideshow of 20 fanarts, only from 2

Why you did not show fanart from "extrafanart" folder?

understand?Big Grin

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artwork_Downloader
Kodi has no built-in support for extrafanart.
therefor, those images are not scanned to the database.
if they're not in the database, they can't be retrieved by the addon.

you could try the 'image folder' in the addon settings and select your main movies folder.
that might give you better results.
Too bad.
I found a temporary solution.
Copied all the fanart in 1 folder

I thought if the plugin written in Python, you can do everything.
in xbmc plugin can not access to external files?
if the film is in the database, we know the path to it. in this way find the folder with fanart))))
sure i can do anything, but the fact is that people store their pictures in 10,000 different ways.
i can't support all of them.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4