• 33(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-06-03, 12:06)Shelle Wrote: Love this addon, but not so much the latest change, 2.1.1 'add background image to reduce black borders'.

Is there any chance that could be an option that the user can toggle, rather than an enforced 'feature', because with some pictures it just looks plain ugly. I'd much prefer the black bars/borders with images that don't fit the screen, rather than seeing sections of an enlarged, faded background image.

Thanks in advance if you can achieve it. Smile

I actually like the pan and zoom with a dimmed picture in the background, however, I also agree with the ability to turn it off. As a matter of fact, since the updated version, after leaving the screensaver on for a little while, Kodi freezes. Often, the front picture will go away but the dimmed background shot will remain and I won't be able to access Kodi menus until I force close and then reopen. I am on an android TV box running Kodi 14.2. As this is the biggest change in 2.1.1 I can only assume it is the cause of the issue.
(2015-06-07, 15:38)rockcjc Wrote: I actually like the pan and zoom with a dimmed picture in the background, however, I also agree with the ability to turn it off. As a matter of fact, since the updated version, after leaving the screensaver on for a little while, Kodi freezes. Often, the front picture will go away but the dimmed background shot will remain and I won't be able to access Kodi menus until I force close and then reopen. I am on an android TV box running Kodi 14.2. As this is the biggest change in 2.1.1 I can only assume it is the cause of the issue.

I had no no doubt when making my post that some would like it; some might actually love it, hence why I just requested the option... Smile

For some images, it actually looks great, I won't deny that, but for others though, it's just "omg, no..." lol.

I can't say that I've encountered any real issues with it though, other than the aesthetics. I'm running Kodi 15.0 Isengard – Beta 1 on Windows 7 64 Bit.

For now, I've manually rolled back to the previous version of the addon, and have set all addons to be updated manually. Not an ideal fix, but it works to give the look I find more pleasing. Smile
i've added an option to disable the background image.
please test if it all works as expected:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.2.zip
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-06-08, 23:31)ronie Wrote: i've added an option to disable the background image.
please test if it all works as expected:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.2.zip

You're a star! Thank you so much, that works perfectly. I Installed it from the zip, did a restart of Kodi, and it's working as intended. Smile

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to do it. Smile
Thanks ronie! Tested on my Ubuntu box and works as advertised.

Thanks for doing this so soon! Smile
Hi ronie!

I've been using your awesome add-on for a while now.
I'm not sure when, but very recently (maybe version 2.1.1) I started noticing my Intel NUC (quad-core i5, 4gb ram, kodibuntu) starting fans and making noise when the screensaver kicks in.

This did not happen with previous versions, even though I continue to add new images in my images folder (I have 4300 now), so maybe I hit some kind of limit and the new version has nothing to do with it.

So I have two questions:
- could it be that the latest release, which adds a background, is more cpu intensive? I see you added an option to disable it, can't wait to test it.
- do you think there's some kind of number of images limit after which the perfomance quickly decreases?

Thank you very much
Hi,

I noticed recently that some images are pixelated. This seems to happen to random images. Some images that were not pixelated before are now pixelated and vice versa.
Likewise, noticing that images are more pixelated now and also 2.1.2, Pan and Zoom appears to be broken, all my images are now just static.
(2015-06-09, 15:27)koichirose Wrote: So I have two questions:
- could it be that the latest release, which adds a background, is more cpu intensive? I see you added an option to disable it, can't wait to test it.
- do you think there's some kind of number of images limit after which the perfomance quickly decreases?

i've tested it with 4 and with 3300 images, with or without background,
makes no difference in cpu usage on my end. it's around 5% on an i7.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-06-10, 03:51)frolovm Wrote: Hi,

I noticed recently that some images are pixelated. This seems to happen to random images. Some images that were not pixelated before are now pixelated and vice versa.

(2015-06-10, 16:10)gmantonz Wrote: Likewise, noticing that images are more pixelated now and also 2.1.2, Pan and Zoom appears to be broken, all my images are now just static.

no idea why images would be pixelated. the screensaver doesn't process the images at all.
al it does is create a playlist, a simple text file with the paths to each image.
then it asks kodi to display the images one by one.

as for the pan and zoom problem, does the 'slide' option still work?
Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Kodi. I was wondering, is it possible to have the same config options that Ronie set on the Picture Slide Show from System/Appearence into the Pictures/Slideshow.

Thanks!
(2015-06-10, 19:52)frairep Wrote: Hi, I'm new to the forum and to Kodi. I was wondering, is it possible to have the same config options that Ronie set on the Picture Slide Show from System/Appearence into the Pictures/Slideshow.

Thanks!

nope, the built-in picture slideshow only has a limited set of options.
Ok. Thanks for the answer.
(2015-06-10, 19:04)ronie Wrote:
(2015-06-10, 03:51)frolovm Wrote: Hi,

(2015-06-10, 16:10)gmantonz Wrote: Likewise, noticing that images are more pixelated now and also 2.1.2, Pan and Zoom appears to be broken, all my images are now just static.

no idea why images would be pixelated. the screensaver doesn't process the images at all.
al it does is create a playlist, a simple text file with the paths to each image.
then it asks kodi to display the images one by one.

as for the pan and zoom problem, does the 'slide' option still work?

How could we solve this? I know this did not use to happen but I am not sure when it started happening. Why would this happen to some images in one run and others on a different run?

If this a Kodi bug, would you be able to describe this in more technical terms to Kodi devs? I can supply any logs as needed.

Thanks,
Michail.
(2015-06-11, 02:14)frolovm Wrote: How could we solve this? I know this did not use to happen but I am not sure when it started happening. Why would this happen to some images in one run and others on a different run?

If this a Kodi bug, would you be able to describe this in more technical terms to Kodi devs? I can supply any logs as needed.

Thanks,
Michail.

you could test this: go to your userdata folder (for locations, see: http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata#Location_...ata_folder)
and rename the 'Thumbnails' folder to 'Thumbnails-bak'.

now start the screensaver and check if you still get pixelated images.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4