• 34(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
For a while now ive had crashes when exiting from the screensaver. not sure if it matters, but i'm pulling in images from a networked SMB path, windows 7 x64, kodi 14.2

i'm able to consistently repro this by starting the screensaver and exiting, especially noticeable during image loads.

debug logs: http://xbmclogs.com/ppgdejma8

each time, i see this in the logs:
Code:
ERROR: CPythonInvoker(21, C:\Users\zzz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.picture.slideshow\default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

any help would be much appreciated, i love this addon but have resorted to the black screensaver instead to avoid the numerous crashes im getting.

thanks!
I have the same issue (on Kodibuntu). Screensaver just shows a rotating circle. Sometimes, when I wait reaaaally long, the images start showing. Exit the screensaver makes Kodi hang, reboot (kodi reboot command mapped to remote) makes kodi hang. Only ways out are powertoggle (either via remote or Kore remote for android) or reboot via ssh.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2015-06-08, 23:31)ronie Wrote: i've added an option to disable the background image.
please test if it all works as expected:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.2.zip

Thank you for making this change.
mine seems to be stuck on just one picture after adding a lot of photos to the folder is there a limit to how many pictures it can handle
(2015-06-24, 09:48)cf125 Wrote: mine seems to be stuck on just one picture after adding a lot of photos to the folder is there a limit to how many pictures it can handle

nope, there's no limit.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
My add-on was updated automatically today, but it has stopped working. It loads one image, then stops:

Code:
16:07:14 T:139743908828928   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'image3'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/nuc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 88, in onInit
                                                self._start_show(copy.deepcopy(self.items))
                                              File "/home/nuc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/resources/lib/gui.py", line 161, in _start_show
                                                self.image3.setImage(img[0],False)
                                            AttributeError: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'image3'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
thanx, i'll push a fix right away.
you'll receive another update (2.1.4) within the next day.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I installed SPMC 14.2 on FTV recently (before I was running Kodi 14.2).

Clean install, imported the backup of the Kodi on SPMC 14.2 All is working except I've noticed that the screensaver (v 2.1.3) now, after it runs for a while (after leaving it running in the background, after turning off the TV) defaults to a black screen (when I turn the TV back on).

If I hit a key on the remote, it displays the (what I assume) is the next picture.... I've never had this issue before with this screensaver on different versions until now.

I have also noticed in the settings, the Additional tab, there is a second option with a radio button, but no text on that line... what is that option (right above scale images full screen)?

Do I have a corrupt version??

Thanks
working now so that fix you pushed must have got it working thanks mate
(2015-06-25, 00:46)teredactle Wrote: Do I have a corrupt version??

yup, you should receive an update to v2.1.4 soon.
Hi ronie,

I was wondering how a skin could affect the pan and zoom by altering the screensaver animations?

I tested the screensaver using Confluence, Aeon Nox 5, and also my Aeon Nox 5 mod.

In confluence everything works as expected but in both Aeon Nox 5 and my mod the speed of the animations and the zoom effects are different. There is a black border visible when panning and the speed of the sliding animation is also increased.

Any ideas or a suggestion to help point me in the right direction?
I am at a loss as to how the skin could be effecting the screensaver Huh

Thanks
(2015-07-02, 23:52)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Hi ronie,

I was wondering how a skin could affect the pan and zoom by altering the screensaver animations?
hmmm... that should not be happening.
skins can define an animationspeed factor in their addon.xml
several skins use a factor of 0.75 which will speedup animations all throughout the skin.

the screensaver addon *should* take that into account and adjust all animations accordingly.

i will see if i can reproduce it later on today.
(2015-07-03, 07:23)ronie Wrote: hmmm... that should not be happening.
skins can define an animationspeed factor in their addon.xml
several skins use a factor of 0.75 which will speedup animations all throughout the skin.

the screensaver addon *should* take that into account and adjust all animations accordingly.

i will see if i can reproduce it later on today.

I just tried removing the effect slowdown "0.75" from the addon.xml and restarted Kodi and there was indeed no issue with the screensaver. I am currently running Isengard RC 1. Perhaps something to do with a recent Isengard change Huh not sure how long it has been there since I was only informed of it recently by a user of my mod. I tried to test it and when I saw the same issue I then tested Aeon Nox 5 v5.7.2 from BigNoid's GitHub page.

Thank you for the information on the effect slowdown as I never noticed it before. If you need me to provide any further info I will be glad to do so.

Thanks ronie Smile
(2015-07-03, 08:20)mikesilvo164 Wrote: Thank you for the information on the effect slowdown as I never noticed it before. If you need me to provide any further info I will be glad to do so.

i can't reproduce it, tested it with your mod as well as aeon.nox.5.

could you get me a Debug Log using this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.5.zip
(2015-07-03, 22:26)ronie Wrote: i can't reproduce it, tested it with your mod as well as aeon.nox.5.

could you get me a Debug Log using this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-2.1.5.zip

Here is the debug log. I lowered the time to activate the screensaver to 1 min, waited for it to activate, I let a few images go by and then exited Kodi. The screensaver activates around line 1070, not sure if that helps... If you need more info or another log with additional steps let me know and I can provide another Smile

Thanks
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4