• 36(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-07-14, 09:41)jimix Wrote: Hi !

I'm using this addon since a long time and love it but just wonder how we could schedule the refresh of the index via crontab or any other method..
My picture directory is constantly changing as it is my onedrive camera roll folder so at the moment my best option is to rebuild the index manually every two days or so ....
Sure it's been asked many times already though but really wish this option could be implemented..really really really ;-)

Thanks,
Jimix

and since it's been asked that many times i've added it a few months ago ;-)
the screensaver will now rebuilt it's index every 30 minutes when it is running.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is it possible to move the music info to the bottom-left? Or even better, to prevent burn-in, have it change corners in X amount of time.
i'm struggling with low resolution images appearing on the screen saver. Looking around here it appears to be due to my Synology creating thumbnails for the PhotoStation in an @eaDir directory, which are then thrown up on screen. I'd like to keep the thumbs for when i'm browsing my collection via a browser.

I've found mention of an advancedsettings.xml which saved to userdata.. it looks like this:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>@EADIR</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>@EADIR</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
<audio>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>@EADIR</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting>
<regexp>@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>@EADIR</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</audio>
<pictureexcludes>
<regexp>\@eaDir</regexp>
<regexp>\@EADIR</regexp>
<regezp>\@*</regxp>
</pictureexcludes>
</advancedsettings>

i've tried without the slash (\) at pictureexcludes section also.

I'm stuck!!!

Does the a fresh index happen each time the screensaver runs, or is there some info hang round since last scan?

Is there an obvious (but not to me) issue in the xml file?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
advancedsettings.xml doesn't apply to addons.
it's only used for the video/music/pictures listing in kodi itself.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks Ronie. Any way of getting the Addon to ignore these folders?
(2015-08-18, 00:08)kaiserkeiser Wrote: thanks Ronie. Any way of getting the Addon to ignore these folders?

nope.
(2015-08-18, 00:08)kaiserkeiser Wrote: thanks Ronie. Any way of getting the Addon to ignore these folders?
I'm not sure if this will work:
There is a setting in Kodi that can be set to ignore hidden folders(files?)
So, perhaps, setting kodi to ignore hidden folders, and marking those folders as hidden that you don't want to be picked up, might work.
I think I'm being thick. The thumbnail image for this screensaver (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Picture_Sli...creensaver) seems to show multiple images at one screen at once. Yet within the settings, there's no option for this - it only ever shows 1 pic at a time. Am I being thick? Or is the thumbnail just misleading?

I really really really want a screensaver solution to replace what I had in MCE. The closest I've got to it is the Multi-slideshow screensaver which I've been using for years. But it was 'thrown together' when it was first created and hasn't been updated since (version 0.1.0 !).

Anyone got any solutions please?
i'd say the thumbnail image is very misleading.
i don't even see multiple images on screen, it's just a few polaroid pictures laying on a table!

... though the one at the bottom doesn't look half bad :-)
Ha ha - so is this planned functionality? Beautiful photo screensavers are in short supply on a PC. I've got an Android Lollipop box on order purely (well, nearly) for kids in the hope I'll be able to capitalise on the Photo Table daydream.
(2015-08-26, 20:39)holybob Wrote: I think I'm being thick. The thumbnail image for this screensaver (http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Picture_Sli...creensaver) seems to show multiple images at one screen at once. Yet within the settings, there's no option for this - it only ever shows 1 pic at a time. Am I being thick? Or is the thumbnail just misleading?

I really really really want a screensaver solution to replace what I had in MCE. The closest I've got to it is the Multi-slideshow screensaver which I've been using for years. But it was 'thrown together' when it was first created and hasn't been updated since (version 0.1.0 !).

Anyone got any solutions please?
(2015-08-26, 22:31)holybob Wrote: Ha ha - so is this planned functionality? Beautiful photo screensavers are in short supply on a PC. I've got an Android Lollipop box on order purely (well, nearly) for kids in the hope I'll be able to capitalise on the Photo Table daydream.

With the screensaver-to-addon-refactor (which let to screensaver addons), transition-effects were moved to be handled only by screensaver-addons. Besides losing this feature for slideshows it also meant all individual screensavers need to implement this feature. This addon doesn't use transition-effects. Multi-screensaver addon did indeed implement those effects. Those transition effects should be in Kodi, controlled by user. Or maybe Ronie can at least add it to this screensaver.
(2015-08-18, 13:14)dazzam Wrote:
I'm not sure if this will work:
There is a setting in Kodi that can be set to ignore hidden folders(files?)
So, perhaps, setting kodi to ignore hidden folders, and marking those folders as hidden that you don't want to be picked up, might work.

I couldn't find the setting Sad
(2015-07-21, 13:32)mdh99 Wrote: Is it possible to move the music info to the bottom-left? Or even better, to prevent burn-in, have it change corners in X amount of time.

I'm now on 2.1.8, and I noticed that picture tags are now in the middle, possibly due to changes related to music info. I don't know how others find this, but with filename and picture date on the right, having the tags on the left was a nice balance. In addition, I am finding that more of the tags are distracting from the photos being shown. (My screensaver points at 15 years of digital family photos. And since people are often comment on photos, we don't run any music, so there is no music info to display.)

Was this position change intended? Is there a possibility of a UI change to let people control the positioning of these elements?

... Chris
Just FYI for anyone else who found that when displaying only the filename, the text was too big and too awkwardly positioned on the screen:

In your addons folder, under screensaver.picture.slideshow/resources/skins/default/720p/, open script-python-slideshow.xml and find this section, down around line 122:

<control type="label" id="99">

Change <posy> to 680 and <font> to font12.

This puts the filename down in the corner where it should be and smaller, so it's less obtrusive, and also fits more text in case you have some long filenames.
I've used this addon almost since the day it was released in 2013. I love it. However, something weird happened when I upgraded to Kodi 15. Now my cpu fan spins like crazy all the time, but only when I'm running this screensaver. If I select another screensaver (or none), my Intel NUC remains quiet.

Has anyone else noticed this?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4