• 40(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2015-12-07, 21:52)Lamoboy Wrote: ronie, is it possible to add support for file deletion to this slideshow screensaver like you did it in this post?

nope, i don't think it's possible to do a callback to a screensaver.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2015-12-07, 22:08)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-07, 21:52)Lamoboy Wrote: ronie, is it possible to add support for file deletion to this slideshow screensaver like you did it in this post?

nope, i don't think it's possible to do a callback to a screensaver.
Sad
Hi. I have been using this great screensaver for quite some time and like to look at my 11,000+ photos whilst listening to music. I noticed recently that there were certain images that were never coming up and certain others that I was seeing quite regularly. Knowing a bit about coding I had a dig around and noticed that the randomise routine wasn't seeded, so I added a random.seed command at line 144 of gui.py and reran the screen saver.

PHP Code:
def _start_show(selfitems):

random.seed()

# start with image 1

cur_img self.image1
        order 
= [1,2

Immediately I started seeing images I had never seen before :-)

Any chance you could add this as a bug fix? Thanks
(2015-12-11, 13:46)ConstantSphere Wrote: Hi. I have been using this great screensaver for quite some time and like to look at my 11,000+ photos whilst listening to music. I noticed recently that there were certain images that were never coming up and certain others that I was seeing quite regularly. Knowing a bit about coding I had a dig around and noticed that the randomise routine wasn't seeded, so I added a random.seed command at line 144 of gui.py and reran the screen saver.

PHP Code:
def _start_show(selfitems):

random.seed()

# start with image 1

cur_img self.image1
        order 
= [1,2

Immediately I started seeing images I had never seen before :-)

Any chance you could add this as a bug fix? Thanks

interesting, thanx!

not understanding a whole lot about random numbers generators myself :-)
i once read the random.shuffle() function (used by the addon) can't calculate every possible combination for long lists.
the limit was around a list of ~2000 items iirc. guess that might explain why some images pop up more frequent than other at your end?

one more question if i may, shouldn't the random.seed() function be called before random.shuffle() ?
see: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...ui.py#L328
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I wrote a small routine to pull out the randomised list so I could compare it after multiple runs and it looked pretty good to me after the random.seed was put in. The code in Github looks newer than my version but the principle is the same - yes it does need to go before the random.shuffle, you can put it directly before but as the code uses random in other places I chose to put it in the start_show function.
ok, thanx for the feedback.
i'll add the random.seed() in future versions of the screensaver.
Hi there,

I am loving this addon for quite a while now. I have two questions:

since upgrading to isengard, the tags (date, comments etc.) are off. they are not aligned to the screen properly. Can I fix this?

Second, I was really hoping you would add another effect. In OSX there are two extremely nice screensaver options called "Sliding panels" and "Shifting Tiles". These are between 1 and 6 randomised images set in a grid according to their aspect ratio. over time either one or all of the images is replaced with a nice crossfade or slide animation.

here is someone that created similar code:
http://hermanbanken.github.io/shiftingtiles/

I hope you are able to create this.

keep up the good work!
(2015-12-14, 12:06)tonyschuite Wrote: since upgrading to isengard, the tags (date, comments etc.) are off. they are not aligned to the screen properly. Can I fix this?

i'm not aware of any issues, if you could post a screenshot of the problem, i'll look into it.

(2015-12-14, 12:06)tonyschuite Wrote: Second, I was really hoping you would add another effect. In OSX there are two extremely nice screensaver options called "Sliding panels" and "Shifting Tiles". These are between 1 and 6 randomised images set in a grid according to their aspect ratio. over time either one or all of the images is replaced with a nice crossfade or slide animation.

the entire code of this addon is based on animating between 2 images.
so not an easy thing to add. could be better suited for a new screensaver i think.
(2015-12-07, 21:18)heula Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 13:57)heula Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 13:20)ronie Wrote: no idea, haven't seen this myself.

if you can reproduce it easily, a Debug Log would be appreciated
and perhaps a copy of the pictures that have this problem (in case it's always the same pictures).
Will post both later today when I get home.
I did not have the issue anymore so if it stays that way it's good but when it happens again I will report back here.
Since a few days the issue is with the black and white screens is back. Hope the log will tell why.
No screenshot because it's just a black (for lanscape) or a white (for portrait) screen with tag and date visable when it happens.

Kodi log.

Thanks.
(2015-12-16, 20:21)heula Wrote: Since a few days the issue is with the black and white screens is back. Hope the log will tell why.
No screenshot because it's just a black (for lanscape) or a white (for portrait) screen with tag and date visable when it happens.

Kodi log.

there are a lot of errors like this in the log:
Quote:15:52:01 T:6204 ERROR: CD3DTexture::Create - failed 0x8876017C
15:52:01 T:6204 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 3712 x 2088

i'm sure 100% sure what they mean, but i think kodi fails to render the images.
it might be a kodi and and not be related to this addon.
(2015-12-17, 03:40)ronie Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 20:21)heula Wrote: Since a few days the issue is with the black and white screens is back. Hope the log will tell why.

Kodi log.

there are a lot of errors like this in the log:
Quote:15:52:01 T:6204 ERROR: CD3DTexture::Create - failed 0x8876017C
15:52:01 T:6204 DEBUG: CDXTexture::CDXTexture: Error creating new texture for size 3712 x 2088

i'm sure 100% sure what they mean, but i think kodi fails to render the images.
it might be a kodi and and not be related to this addon.
Okay thanks. I will make a new topic for it as a Kodi bug.
Thanks for the add-on. I used it to make a Christmas present for my wife. The sole purpose of this raspberry pi/omsc is to display pictures on a mounted monitor above her desk. So thank you!

Today I've been getting this bug over and over:

Quote:19:05:21 2564.557373 T:1957995056 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(13, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
19:05:22 2566.216309 T:1542452256 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
19:05:31 2574.823730 T:1758458912 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 5 times.
19:05:31 2574.824219 T:1758458912 INFO: CPythonInvoker(13, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/default.py): script aborted
19:05:31 2574.844482 T:1758458912 INFO: Python script interrupted by user

Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

Edit:

I can't seem to get the problem to come back. If it helps, I noticed the problem coincided with a osmc update which generated some spurious small errors related to skins. I seem to have those skin errors fixed. But I don't know if it's coincidence that those errors relate to the 5 second error above.
(2015-12-29, 04:20)Brad Peterson Wrote: Thanks for the add-on. I used it to make a Christmas present for my wife. The sole purpose of this raspberry pi/omsc is to display pictures on a mounted monitor above her desk. So thank you!

Today I've been getting this bug over and over:

Quote:19:05:21 2564.557373 T:1957995056 ERROR: CPythonInvoker(13, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
19:05:22 2566.216309 T:1542452256 DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
19:05:31 2574.823730 T:1758458912 DEBUG: Previous line repeats 5 times.
19:05:31 2574.824219 T:1758458912 INFO: CPythonInvoker(13, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/default.py): script aborted
19:05:31 2574.844482 T:1758458912 INFO: Python script interrupted by user

Is there anything I can do to avoid this problem?

could you post a full Debug Log please?
Hmm...the photo filenames would leak information about my family. Is there any kind of snippet or section you're looking for?
(2015-12-29, 08:57)Brad Peterson Wrote: Hmm...the photo filenames would leak information about my family. Is there any kind of snippet or section you're looking for?

i'm interested if there are any OnScreensaverDeactivated announcements in the debug log.
Quote:12:22:46 T:139957345691776 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScreensaverDeactivated from xbmc
12:22:46 T:139957345691776 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnScreensaverDeactivated
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4