• 42(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
I've been trying without slideshow_random to use premade sequences of pictures I want to display. Then I surprised me that the sequence was started all over when the screensaver kicked in the next time. I think it would be better if it remembered where it was and continued from there.
(2016-01-07, 12:40)ronie Wrote:
(2016-01-07, 11:48)JockeSve Wrote: Would it be possible to add function to exclude hidden (i.e. .thumb and similar) folders?
Or even better (but more complicated of course) to be able to exclude folders by user selection...

it's been requested a few times to be able to exclude folders,
so i guess i'll have to look into it :-)

as been suggested here: 1574750 (post)
i'll probably use the kodi advancedsettings.xml file to check for folders that should be excluded.

I'd love to be able to exclude folders.

Thanks!

Mine is also showing video fanart and not my folders directory.
Hi guys, total noob Q. I'm trying to add a picture screensaver but When I try and select the image folder it only give me the choice of external storage (on the box), internal SD, root file system and xmedia centre backgrounds. It won't let me add a new folder (new folder option is greyed out) so I can't select any of my images to display! Driving me crazy lol my pics are on a network storage system but I e also added a folder through add source to see if that one shows up when I try and select image folder but it doesn't Sad
(2016-01-18, 02:48)Alm3820 Wrote: Hi guys, total noob Q. I'm trying to add a picture screensaver but When I try and select the image folder it only give me the choice of external storage (on the box), internal SD, root file system and xmedia centre backgrounds. It won't let me add a new folder (new folder option is greyed out) so I can't select any of my images to display! Driving me crazy lol my pics are on a network storage system but I e also added a folder through add source to see if that one shows up when I try and select image folder but it doesn't Sad

you first need to go to 'Pictures' (from the home menu) and add your folder there.
once that is done, it will show up as a selectable folder in the screensaver settings.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks so much for the quick reply! I worked out how to add the pictures tab to my home page and add pics. But ever though the file I use is only 20 pics in low quality it's just been doing the circling dots for about 5 minutes Sad
(2016-01-18, 03:12)Alm3820 Wrote: Thanks so much for the quick reply! I worked out how to add the pictures tab to my home page and add pics. But ever though the file I use is only 20 pics in low quality it's just been doing the circling dots for about 5 minutes Sad

which kodi version are you using?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-01-18, 23:50)Alm3820 Wrote: 15.2

go to this folder: ../userdata/addon_data/screensaver.picture.slideshow/
there will be a file with a long random filename, delete it.
start the screensaver again and it should work now.

see the wiki in case you don't know where the userdata folder is located on your system:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata
There's no big file name, I have resources, addon.xml, change log.txt, default.py, fan art.jpg, icon.pmg and license.txt
(2016-01-19, 03:15)Alm3820 Wrote: There's no big file name, I have resources, addon.xml, change log.txt, default.py, fan art.jpg, icon.pmg and license.txt

you're looking in the wrong folder
Sorry you're right. I'm now in user data, addon data, screensaver picture slideshow and the only thing in there is settings.xml. No long file. Am I still in the wrong place?
(2016-01-19, 04:39)Alm3820 Wrote: Sorry you're right. I'm now in user data, addon data, screensaver picture slideshow and the only thing in there is settings.xml. No long file. Am I still in the wrong place?

hmm.. could you go the screensaver addon settings and on the advanced tab, click "Update index".
this should create the file i've mentioned.

if it's there, open it in a text editor and check if it contains a list of your pictures.
There is no longer the option "update index", you removed it in the latest release Nod

By the way, have you progressed in solving the bug that empties the random file content when autoupdating?
I often need to delete this files in order to retrieve the photo functionality.
(2016-01-19, 19:27)djoole Wrote: By the way, have you progressed in solving the bug that empties the random file content when autoupdating?

should be fixed in the next version, for kodi jarvis.
(2015-12-11, 18:17)ronie Wrote: i'll add the random.seed() in future versions of the screensaver.
Has this been added in current 2.1.9 version or it still should be added manually?
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4