• 45(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hello,
Thanks for your work.

I am having two issues.

1. I store all my pictures on a network storage device. However, this addon will not let me select this network storage device. Any way to fix this?

2. I'd really really love it you could make so we could exclude a folder. I store all of my pictures divided out into subfolders, so I'd like to exclude certain ones that I dont' want appearing with my screensaver.

Thanks!
1. go to the pictures section in kodi and add your folder there. it will then be selectable in the addon.
2. can be done using the advancedsettings file of kodi: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.x...reexcludes
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-28, 22:56)ronie Wrote: 1. go to the pictures section in kodi and add your folder there. it will then be selectable in the addon.
2. can be done using the advancedsettings file of kodi: http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.x...reexcludes

I already had the network pictures folder added to Kodi in the pictures section, but re-did it just in case.
First, I added as an SMB Folder location under Kodi File manager, then I went to the pictures section, add pictures, browsed to network drive location, added folder.
Then I went to the addon, selected folder, but when I click browse the only option is
" ... "

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Well getting super favorites and deleting the folder for the app under userdata seemed to fix the problem for me.

Only issue left is how to exclude a folder. I went the wiki, but that was super confusing.

<pictureexcludes>
<regexp>small</regexp>
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</pictureexcludes>

I understand how an advancedxml works, and have one, but what do I need to exclude a folder on my NAS drive?

Thanks!
if you add the name of the folder you want to exclude, it should work:
Code:
<regexp>foldername</regexp>
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-30, 10:06)ronie Wrote: if you add the name of the folder you want to exclude, it should work:
Code:

Strange, didn't work. Still getting photos showing up.
(2016-04-04, 07:01)The Cheshire Cat Wrote:
(2016-03-30, 10:06)ronie Wrote: if you add the name of the folder you want to exclude, it should work:
Code:

Strange, didn't work. Still getting photos showing up.
I presume you 'did' still put it in the <pictueexcludes> group
ie:
Code:
<pictureexcludes>
</pictureexcludes>
(and that, of course, is inside <advancedsettings></advancedsettings> )
Since update to Jarvis sometimes the screensaver will freeze.

Also it always requires me to hit the "back" button to dismiss the screensaver if I am watching a video that is paused.

If I unpause the video after the screensaver has started, the unpausing of the video will not dismiss the screensaver, it will just cause the video to start playing but the screensaver is still overtop of it! I can just hear the audio from the video.

That was not how it worked in previous versions: unpausing a video would dismiss the screensaver.
I have issues with PSS on RaspberryPi 2 running Kodi OSMC.

It worked fine in the beginning. Then it bugged out, and now, it doesn't load the pictures from the external harddisk. Rather, it just has this loading circle of circles on a black screen. I have taken a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/pnbzq3ksl

I would also just like to know how to uninstall the add-on... I have looked far and wide, and cannot find anyway to remove it. It would be helpful if a deinstallation guide was put on the front page.

Lastly, I'm not a very tech-savvy person, so any explanation as to the solution should account for a low-level of competence. Please provide the seemingly trivial details, thank you!
(2016-04-28, 17:27)Faergen Wrote: It worked fine in the beginning. Then it bugged out, and now, it doesn't load the pictures from the external harddisk. Rather, it just has this loading circle of circles on a black screen. I have taken a debug log: http://xbmclogs.com/pnbzq3ksl

according to the logfile, the selected folder (smb://NSA320/photo/Billeder/Billedserie/) contains no images:
Quote:16:10:53 83.752937 T:1740895216 DEBUG: screensaver.picture.slideshow: items: 0
(2016-04-28, 17:27)Faergen Wrote: I would also just like to know how to uninstall the add-on...

before you can uninstall the addon, you need to select a different screensaver (or none) in kodi.
the go to: settings > addons > my addons > look and feel > screensavers
you can uninstall the addon there.
Thank you Ronie for locating the error and answering so quickly. So... what do I do to solve it? I know the folder contains images. Later in the log, you might be able to see that I go into the folder and open one of the images in there, through the normal image viewer in Kodi.
I have a similar problem to Faergen. I run Picture Slideshow Screensaver in Kodi on a large Android tablet (in fact, it's the only thing I use the tablet for!), because the slideshow is the nicest I've seen. Simple and perfect. My photos are on an SMB share on a Windows server on the network - nearly 1000 sub-folders with many thousands of files.

Except it works for a day or two, and then gets stuck on the "rotating circles" screen. Deleting the file with the long hex filename (which always seems to be only 2 bytes long when the screensaver is stuck) allows the screensaver to work again, for another day or two maybe.

I've uploaded a debug log to http://xbmclogs.com/pl3ldsp35

What I did during that log was:
1. Started Kodi and waited for the screensaver to kick in
2. Watched the rotating circles for over half an hour
3. Interrupted the rotating circles, and viewed a picture chosen at random from the Pictures library, which was successful.
4. Waited for the screensaver to kick in
5. Watched the rotating circles for a quarter of an hour or so
6. Uploaded the debug log.

The log shows that the folder contains no items (as Faergen's) :
11:52:03 T:1890311264 DEBUG: screensaver.picture.slideshow: items: 0

But that didn't prevent Kodi from showing me a photo in the above step 3:
12:27:47 T:1881231760 DEBUG: CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://LEWISSERVER2/Pictures/2016-02-17 London with Lou/DSC01726.JPG, fd=10000

And then when the screensaver activated after, the log shows no items again:
12:29:08 T:1861806984 DEBUG: screensaver.picture.slideshow: items: 0

Any ideas what we can do to fix the behaviour please?

For comparison, I've uploaded a log with the screensaver working correctly after i deleted the 2-byte file with the long hex filename. See http://xbmclogs.com/pmqan3vd7

Thanks for your help. I'd really like to be able to run this screensaver because, as I said, it's better than any other Android app I've found for doing what I'm doing!
both of you please test this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-3.1.3.zip

you'll still get the spinning circle the first time you run it,
but everything should be back to normal on second run.
(2016-04-30, 15:41)ronie Wrote: both of you please test this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-3.1.3.zip

you'll still get the spinning circle the first time you run it,
but everything should be back to normal on second run.

That behaved exactly as you predicted. So, I think the problem is solved for me with this version.

Thanks very much for an amazingly rapid response!
Hi,

I love the slideshow!

One item I came across is that the randomness is sometimes "just too much"
So if there is a picture you like or that reminds you to something it would be nice to get some 'vicinity' of this picture also.

So I modified the shuffle method a bit (base is Jarvis 16.1 git):
Code:
--- gui.py.bak    2016-05-01 15:19:15.047989638 +0200
+++ gui.py    2016-05-01 17:22:25.919937821 +0200
@@ -333,7 +333,16 @@
         # randomize
         if self.slideshow_random == 'true':
             random.seed()
-            random.shuffle(self.items, random.random)
+            n = len(self.items)
+            k = random.randint(0, n-1)
+            for i in range(n):
+                k = (k + 1) % n
+                if i % 3 == 0 :
+                    k = (k + random.randint(4,51)) % n
+                if i % 12 == 0:
+                    k = random.randint(i, n-1)
+                self.items[i], self.items[k] = self.items[k], self.items[i]
+            # random.shuffle(self.items, random.random)
         return self.items

What it does:
  • Entry point into the slide show is completely random
  • For three pictures the lookup for the next one is "close", 1 distance
  • For 4 of the above sets of three the lookup in near (4 to 51)
  • After that get a complete new lookup into the array

As the array gets permutations due to the swap of items the above is only valid with a certain likelihood. So the screensaver is still pretty random, but has some chance to get you some pictures that actually have some relationship.

Kind regards and I am really enjoying all the work the people contribute to Kodi.

hendrik
If this works that would be a nice option, with the emphasis on option. One thing I love about this screensaver is the randomness. I shuffle my photographs I took during different holidays and it brings me from Greece, to the U.S., to Thailand etc.

Makes me daydream a bit whenever it kicks in Big Grin
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4