• 46(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2016-05-01, 11:45)David Lewis Wrote:
(2016-04-30, 15:41)ronie Wrote: both of you please test this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-3.1.3.zip

you'll still get the spinning circle the first time you run it,
but everything should be back to normal on second run.

That behaved exactly as you predicted. So, I think the problem is solved for me with this version.

Thanks very much for an amazingly rapid response!

Yep - after one week of running continuously, I can report that Picture Slideshow Screensaver has been perfect Cool

Thanks again!
(2016-04-30, 15:41)ronie Wrote: both of you please test this version:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-3.1.3.zip

you'll still get the spinning circle the first time you run it,
but everything should be back to normal on second run.

Sorry I couldn't see how to post a new question, but mine has to do with this current thread.

I have had Picture Slideshow Screensaver installed and working beautifully on my PC running Windows 10 with Kodi Jarvis 16.1 (now) for a very long time through different versions of Kodi.

My problem is trying to run it on Android. I have NEVER gotten it to work on any Android device - none. And I have tried quite a number of different Android TV boxes.

Is there some special version or trick to get it to work there?

I regularly and always use the Confluence Skin and in the Screensaver settings I just use the Video Fanart. No special folder.

In Android all I ever get is the little gray circle - no fanart pictures at all.
(2016-05-09, 22:14)silvanet Wrote: My problem is trying to run it on Android. I have NEVER gotten it to work on any Android device - none. And I have tried quite a number of different Android TV boxes.

Is there some special version or trick to get it to work there?

My only experience is with Kodi on an Android tablet - I've never tried an Android TV box. But for me, it just works. Install Kodi from the Google Play store, point the media libraries at appropriate folders, and away you go.

(2016-05-09, 22:14)silvanet Wrote: I regularly and always use the Confluence Skin and in the Screensaver settings I just use the Video Fanart. No special folder.

I've never used the Video Fanart on the screensaver.

(2016-05-09, 22:14)silvanet Wrote: In Android all I ever get is the little gray circle - no fanart pictures at all.

The gray circle I used to get when this screensaver was stalled was a large (nearly whole-screen) circle of rotating blobs.
Hello

I use your Addon on my Raspberry Pi3 with Kodi. If i change Pictures in Folder on my NAS-Box (LAN), the Screensave dont show the new Pictures until i push the Picture Index update Button. Is a "Index Auto-update" available? Or a Command i can initiate this Index Auto update where i can set the update time?

Sry for my bad English

Sincerley, meinermeiner
(2016-05-19, 14:05)meinermeiner Wrote: Hello

I use your Addon on my Raspberry Pi3 with Kodi. If i change Pictures in Folder on my NAS-Box (LAN), the Screensave dont show the new Pictures until i push the Picture Index update Button. Is a "Index Auto-update" available? Or a Command i can initiate this Index Auto update where i can set the update time?

Sry for my bad English

Sincerley, meinermeiner

you probably are using an older version of kodi...
in current kodi versions, the screensaver will auto-update automatically after you change the picture folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
But I do not want to change the folder, it will only be another images inserted into the same folder. The Pictures dont show when the Screensaver starts.
(2016-05-19, 15:53)meinermeiner Wrote: But I do not want to change the folder, it will only be another images inserted into the same folder. The Pictures dont show when the Screensaver starts.

new/removed images will be auto-indexed as well.

you need at least kodi v16 jarvis and screensaver.picture.slideshow-3.1.3.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Works perfectly, thank you very much
Hi, it seems like there is a solution for my problem but what do i have to do with the zip? I copied it to the home folder and tried to do a install add on via zip and it said it failed. So I do not know what needs to be done. Could some one please help me? The slideshow does not update when i add new pictures to the directory.

Thank you so much in advance!
v3.1.3 is in the addon repo now, so no need to manually install the zip.

if you can't install it, perhaps you're not using kodi v16?

a Debug Log will provide some info on why the installation failed.
Hi ronie,

Thank you for your prompt response. Even when I installed it from the repo I could not achieve what I am trying to do.

So I have a raspberry pi 3 and I am running openelec 6.0.3 and it says in the system info that it is kodi v16 . I installed the screensaver picture slideshow add-on 3.1.3 using add-on repo. I selected a source directory for pictures and said start slide show. However when I remotely add some pictures to the source directory the slideshow does not show those newly added pictures until it is restarted again.

So basically I am trying to set up a slideshow which can be aware of the newly added files and discard deleted files and display then without interruption. I have tried so many options foh, gthumb, eog, FBI, none of them are capable of displaying updated content. I have been able to trick vlc into doing so but it does not have any transition effects. I do need some kind of transition effect like fade in or fade out etc between pictures.

I have spent hours looking all over the forums here and I feel like I am so close to a solution. It has been so frustrating not being able to do something which sounds so simple.

If you could kindly guide me into a proper solution, I would really appreciate it. I am doing this for my work by the way and I need to make it work Smile at all cost

Thank you in advance !
the addon doesn't constantly check for newly added images, it only does once every hour.

if this doesn't meet your requirements, you could modify the addon...
the update time (in seconds) is specified here in the code:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...ui.py#L422
Hi again,

I modified the file and changed it to 1 second, tried restarting and it did not work. I saw that there a a byte code .pyc so I even tried compiling by doing python gui.py but it gave me an import error
ImportError: No module named xbmcgui

Is there a different way to compile this file again, so that the change can take place?

Thank you again for such prompt responses!

EDIT: I put my kodi log here, maybe this might be of help?
http://xbmclogs.com/pibk11z1m
there's no need to mess with the bytecode files. they will be recreated each time the addon starts.

if you could post a Debug Log to pastebin (as xbmclogs is currently down) i'll have a look.
Can we put whole 'walk' process in the background, to eliminate delay even on the first run?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4