• 58(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2018-02-23, 12:45)willp2003 Wrote: Hi, just updated to 17.6 and now the screensaver says it's broken. I just get a black screen now. I've updated it, but it's still the same. Any ideas? Thanks
 Same here.
Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find anything. I can't seem to get this screensaver to work if paused during playback. Kodi still dims instead of using this screensaver. I have made sure that I have unchecked "Use dim if paused during video playback"
Hello @Carnajo

It catches a few people out, but go back into the add-on info page and make sure you selece Use (bottom left button). You may have installed the add-on, but you still have to tell Kodi to use it. Also re-enable the Dim function. You want to dim your screen during pause to avoid picture burn in.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-21, 22:33)Carnajo Wrote: Apologies if this has been answered but I couldn't find anything. I can't seem to get this screensaver to work if paused during playback. Kodi still dims instead of using this screensaver. I have made sure that I have unchecked "Use dim if paused during video playback"
 i don't think it's possible to start the screensaver when playback is paused.
it's not something kodi supports.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Oops, scanned the question too quickly, didn't pick up on wanting it to work on pause.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the feedback @Karellen and @ronie , was trying to get something which prevents the built in nVidia shield screensaver from kicking in because 1) I'm worried about burn in due to the text on the Shield Screensaver and 2) using a blank screen causes my TV to go to sleep mode and sometimes I get handshake issues when trying to wake it up (and it is boring).
Hi @ronie ,

I have been running your addon as a script on a raspberry pi 3 (jessie) with kodi v16.1 . All of a sudden I am seeing strange failures because of an error. This error seems to be because kodi can not curl this http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/jarvis/addons.xml.gz.md5  

I have the full kodi logs from 2 of my device in this link https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/tz93PPx8GJ/  and this link https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/TRXpnbxhSj/

When these errors occur the picture slideshow screensaver seems to misbehave, it shows a blank screen. However, kodi does not crash. 

Could you please take a look at these logs and let me know why this could be happening? All of a sudden why is this error occurring? It had never happened before. 

Could you please help me resolve this issue? 

Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
kb3292
kb3292 - Might it be due to the server software being updated and is using TLS 1.2?
no idead im afraid, kodi has issues connecting to the internet for some reason.

how this affects the screensaver addon, i don't know.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
" Might it be due to the server software being updated and is using TLS 1.2?"

Pixel8tor, could you please kindly elaborate? when you say the server softer being updated what do you mean? Is it the server that is hosting the addons repository that is using TLS1.2? 

Sincerely,
kxb3292
Greetings.  I've been using your excellent screensaver for years and through several Kodi versions without trouble.  Lately I've been having a problem where I am not displaying every music artist...maybe only 1 out of 5 or so.  I am showing filename in the bottom right corner and it is listing an aritist name with just a blank screen.  I've checked all my settings, switched from video to music fanart, and rescanned my music library and still have the problem. 

I am also using your program on two different platforms (Windows and LibreELEC), each running different Kodi versions (Leia and Krypton respectively).

Any thoughts?
Hey guys

I recently installed this addon which is great - unfortunately though, it seems to wake my tv from standby when it kicks in (ie if I’ve turned the tv to standby but left the Nvidia Shield turned on).

Turning this screensaver off and reverting to the inbuilt android screensaver resolves the issue

Is anyone familiar with this behaviour? Is there a way around it besides disabling the CEC function of the TV or ensuring the shield is turned off?

Cheers
Wazza

Running Leia / estuary Mod on nvidia shield
Hello

I use the Picture Slidesho Screensaver as digital photoframe. Its very cool and easy. But I can only set the amount of seconds to display each image" for 60 seconds.
How can I set ist longer....5minutes or so?
Can I edit a config file? in with path is the file?

Kodi Version 17.6

Thanks for a fast response :-)

Harry
Hello,

I am new to all of this so forgive my lack of knowledge in advance. I was wondering if there was a way to modify the time settings to this addon? I had tried to look at the source code but did not see anything involving time. I am hoping to have the Picture Slideshow Screensaver switch slides every 24 hours once a new day begins. I am stuck on finding the best way to modify the time settings and how to get started. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Hello,

Been using this for some time now, and I've started to notice something odd. Some of the photos that are in portrait (when I view them in Kodi) appear as landscape while the slideshow is playing.

Kodi Log

Chris
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4