• 61(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2019-03-31, 08:30)funkmeister7 Wrote: The built-in slideshow functionality has some floors... (1) the recursive logic doesn't abide by the rules to exclude file types or directories that are registered in 'advancedsettings.xml' - I'm not sure whether this is by design or a bug (but have just assumed this is the way it's supposed to work)

hmm, yeah would either be a bug, or simply not implemented.

(2019-03-31, 08:30)funkmeister7 Wrote: (2) Your add-on does whole lot more than the built-in slideshow such as options around displaying file/folder attributes, dimming, etc that just aren't available otherwise. 

could you please test this addon:
context.screensaver.picture.slideshow-0.0.1.zip

it adds an item to the context menu in the pictures section, which allows you to start the screensaver from a specific folder.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2019-03-31, 16:25)NeroBoron Wrote:
(2019-01-02, 22:28)ronie Wrote: sure no problem, i'll add an option to disable the animation.

Uhm did you remove it? Today the add-on auto updated and the option isn't available anymore :/ 

yup, found some bugs with that specific feature.
i plan to re-implement it in another way in the next version of the addon, just need a bit of time to figure out how to do it correctly.

for now, you can revert to the previous version of the addon if you miss this feature.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@NeroBoron 

could you please test:
screensaver.picture.slideshow-5.0.8.zip

i've re-added the option to disable animations
@ronie

5.0.8 Works fine on my machine Smile
Used a single folder with a single gif. Pan and zoom, Crossfade and slide are also still working. Any specific szenario that I should test that caused issues before?
cool, thanx for testing. all i needed to know ;-)
(2019-03-31, 19:07)ronie Wrote: could you please test this addon:
context.screensaver.picture.slideshow-0.0.1.zip

it adds an item to the context menu in the pictures section, which allows you to start the screensaver from a specific folder. 

Hi @ronie.  Have loaded this add-on.  The context menu appears and is selecting the relevant folder (which I can see is being amended in the actual screensaver settings).  However, the screensaver launches into movie fanart and not the image folder - even though the image folder is what is selected in settings.  It's as if the the selection is changing the settings however the actual screensaver is defaulting to playing the fanart.
(2019-04-01, 23:27)ronie Wrote: cool, thanx for testing. all i needed to know ;-)

Thank you for adding it Smile
(2019-04-02, 06:14)funkmeister7 Wrote: Hi @ronie.  Have loaded this add-on.  The context menu appears and is selecting the relevant folder (which I can see is being amended in the actual screensaver settings).  However, the screensaver launches into movie fanart and not the image folder - even though the image folder is what is selected in settings.  It's as if the the selection is changing the settings however the actual screensaver is defaulting to playing the fanart. 

alright... could you please create a Debug Log of it?
(2019-04-02, 21:40)ronie Wrote:  alright... could you please create a Debug Log of it? 

Hi @ronie.  Here you go...  https://paste.kodi.tv/lipalokoze.kodi.  I hope this provides the detail you need.

FYI. I am on holidays now for the next two weeks and won't be near any technology (ah bliss), so I won't be able to reply to you until after 19 April.  Thanks for looking at this!!!
(2019-04-03, 15:53)funkmeister7 Wrote: Hi @ronie.  Here you go...  https://paste.kodi.tv/lipalokoze.kodi.  I hope this provides the detail you need.

the problem is you're images are on a password protected share.
i can retrieve the path to the images, but not the credentials.

(2019-04-03, 15:53)funkmeister7 Wrote: FYI. I am on holidays now for the next two weeks and won't be near any technology (ah bliss), so I won't be able to reply to you until after 19 April.  Thanks for looking at this!!! 

have fun ;-)
Hello,

I just purchased a new Android box to run Kodi. When trying to install Picture Slideshow Screensaver, it failed.

I recorded the following log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/vimasoculo

Apparently it requires xbmc.python version 2.26.0 which is not available.

I have no idea what to do about it.

Thanks and best regards
you've installed an old version of kodi, get kodi 18.1 and you should be fine.
(2019-04-08, 22:34)ronie Wrote: you've installed an old version of kodi, get kodi 18.1 and you should be fine.
Hi Ronie,

Thanks for your answer.

When I go to the play store and open the page of the Kodi application, it says that v18.1 Leia is installed. The only options available are UNINSTALL or OPEN. When I click OPEN, it launches the app RKMC, which I understand to be a version of Kodi optimized for my hardware. Should I UNINSTALL and then INSTALL? Will I then loose my config?

Thanks and best regards
sorry, can't help you. RKMC is not developed by us, i have no idea if you loose your config or not.
Hello!

Just wanted to say thanks for the app. So far, it is the best "Photo" slideshow app for KODI out there.
(Like others have wished, the ability to display videos would be nice as well 8-)

Couple of comments:

1) Just like KODI allows me to change font colors on subtitles, would it be possible to change the displayed text ["filename" and "Album/Music Description"] to a different color?

I mainly use the slideshow for nature photography (mine) and most of the picture subjects either have a dark or light aspect to the area displaying the text. While this works great when the background is dark, it easily gets lost in light backgrounds. A bright green or blue text-color option (or let us select) would be great.

2) I have a RPi 3B+ running current stable OSMC with their current KODI (17) release. I have noticed a glitch in the "animation" slideshow  where when picture panning (right or left), at the very end of the pan - when the pan has stopped and current picture is still displayed - just before the new picture is brought on-screen, the "old/current" picture pans out and into motion for just a bit before the new photo is displayed. Very disconcerting when watching. Does not happen all of the time.

*This pan/animation "glitch" is not displayed if a "fade to black" cross-fade is used between pictures.*

Also, and this could be a timing or buffer problem of either memory access or disk access of the lowly RPi 3B+, but it normally seems to take about 5-10 minutes of running the slideshow before this display "glitch" kicks in.

Not sure whether the [random?] "fade to black" cross-fade hides the problem or avoids the problem...?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4