• 65(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Hi @ronie ,

I try to turn this screensaver addon into a script addon, as you mentioned in post 694
Script is working, but when it run more than 10 minutes, dim screensaver start.
Here is mi code in default.py to make screensaver off and after script end restore screensaver settings.
I have problem with restore screensaver settings, this doesnt work ... please help

python:

if __name__ == '__main__':
    log('script version %s started' % ADDONVERSION)
    data = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 0, "method": "Settings.getSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"screensaver.mode" } }')
    xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"screensaver.mode", "value":""}, "id": 1}')
    saver_mode = json.loads(data)
    saver_mode = saver_mode['result']['value']
    import gui
    screensaver_gui = gui.Screensaver('script-python-slideshow.xml', CWD, 'default')
    screensaver_gui.doModal()
    del screensaver_gui
    xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{ "jsonrpc": "2.0", "id": 2, "method":"Settings.setSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"screensaver.mode", "value" : "%s"} }' % saver_mode )
log('script stopped')
i'm afraid i have no idea what the problem is.
your code looks correct to me.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hello.

Awesome add-on. Thanks for creating and maintaining it.

Not sure if this the correct place for a simple feature request but is it possible to add an option to show the current time?

Thanks.
Hi @ronie ,

i probably found a bug in the addon "Picture Slideshow Screensaver".

When I open a program like "Rom Collection Browser", where the screensaver is not active and then return to the main menu of Kodi, my pictures from the path of the screensaver appear briefly and when I scroll through the main menu of Kodi, Kodi hangs itself/freeze.
If I disable the screensaver, I don't have the problem.

I already tried a brand new installation of Kodi, Rom Collection Brower and Picture Slideshow Screensaver (Version 5.0.5, 5.0.8, 5.0.9)
In the log I found the following in the last entry. Afterwards Kodi freeze.

2020-04-26 20:20:39.295 T:1876 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(5, C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py): the python script "C:\Users\ xxxxx \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmc:Tonguelayer,class XBMCAddon::xbmcaddon::Addon
2020-04-26 20:20:58.462 T:11752   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(6, C:\Users\ xxxxx \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.picture.slideshow\default.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
Do you have any ideas?
@ronie

Do you need the complete log file or is the extract sufficient?
From the forums I have seen that the error is already known.

Here you can find the debug log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/afalubogin.kodi
i'm not really sure what's going on, but my guess is something is preventing kodi to start the screensaver.

there's a two minute delay between the trigger to start the screensaver and the point where the screensaver addon is actually started:
Code:
2020-04-28 11:16:21.384 T:9928 DEBUG: using python screensaver add-on screensaver.picture.slideshow
2020-04-28 11:18:33.189 T:11812 DEBUG: screensaver.picture.slideshow: script version 5.0.5 started

it looks like kodi waits for script.games.rom.collection.browser to end before it can start the screensaver
Code:
2020-04-28 11:18:32.980 T:7788 INFO: CPythonInvoker(6, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py): script successfully run
2020-04-28 11:18:32.981 T:7788 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(6, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py)
2020-04-28 11:18:33.096 T:11812 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
2020-04-28 11:18:33.096 T:11812 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.picture.slideshow\default.py)...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-04-29, 01:27)ronie Wrote: i'm not really sure what's going on, but my guess is something is preventing kodi to start the screensaver.

there's a two minute delay between the trigger to start the screensaver and the point where the screensaver addon is actually started:
Code:
2020-04-28 11:16:21.384 T:9928 DEBUG: using python screensaver add-on screensaver.picture.slideshow
2020-04-28 11:18:33.189 T:11812 DEBUG: screensaver.picture.slideshow: script version 5.0.5 started

it looks like kodi waits for script.games.rom.collection.browser to end before it can start the screensaver
Code:
2020-04-28 11:18:32.980 T:7788 INFO: CPythonInvoker(6, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py): script successfully run
2020-04-28 11:18:32.981 T:7788 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker::onExecutionDone(6, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\default.py)
2020-04-28 11:18:33.096 T:11812 DEBUG: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
2020-04-28 11:18:33.096 T:11812 DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(7, C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\screensaver.picture.slideshow\default.py)...

1: I have now tested it with other screensaver addons in conjunction with RCB. The result was that the error does not occur there.

2: Also the error does not occur in combination with other addons like TuneIn. Until now only with RCB

However, I have found out that the problem does not occur if I press "back/back" twice in a row as soon as I go back to the home menu and the screensaver starts.
Hi - great add on, key component of our kitchen radio setup on an old Asus EeePc, thank you very much for it.

Currently I am trying to tweak my setup because of some other problems I ran into that are caused by a very high system load when kodi runs. To remedy these problems, I played around with both dirty region and smart redraw switches in the advanced settings.

Currently top (with Irix Mode Off) shows me 10% cpu utilization if I play some mp3 audio stream (I can live with that). As soon as the Slideshow Screensaver kicks in this jumps to > 70% cpu utilization (constant - not only during Slide transitions). Slide jpegs are stored on a local hard drive and have been shrinked to a 1024x768 format.

I might add that due to the lack of driver support this netbook has no hardware rendering acceleration.

I had high hopes for both the dirty region and smart redraw activation, because from my understanding of these techniques, the screensaver's rather "static" rendering of a full screen still image *should* benefit from "only rendering changed regions" - but it seems that it doesn't have any effect.

Is this a known problem, or am I on a completely wrong track with my assumptions regarding how the rendering is done? I run Kodi 18.7, Picture Slideshow Screensaver Addon version is 5.0.9. on an Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS
Dirty Regions & Smart Redraw could well be the cause of your high CPU load, have you tried without these? I though they weren't really needed nor recommended anymore. Certainly when I tried them a while back they actually made things worse Smile
Also, @ronie the addon is still rendered at 720p, could an update be pushed to change this to 1080p?
(2020-02-22, 13:25)Roi Danton Wrote: I am using the latest Milhouse build, already based on Python 3.

The Picture Slideshow Screensaver addon now always shows video fanart. I set up a photo directory where it should show my own photos. This is completely ignored. And the third option "music fanart" does not work, too. Only a loading screen is shown.

Maybe you have an idea about this issue.

I wanted to bring up this topic again. Is somebody else experiencing this problem, other than Øyvind and me?

The problem is still there, running plugin version 6.1.0 and the latest version of Milhouse Matrix build with Python 3. But I am not sure if it is related to Python 3 or just something else.

Thank you for your help,

kindest regards,
Roi
(2020-05-26, 00:27)FXB78 Wrote: Dirty Regions & Smart Redraw could well be the cause of your high CPU load, have you tried without these? I though they weren't really needed nor recommended anymore. Certainly when I tried them a while back they actually made things worse Smile
Yes, the > 70% cpu utilization of the kodi-x11 process remains as soon as the screensaver runs, even without any advancedsettings.xml file. Again, the rendering of this netbook is really bad, only done in software (I cannot play any video because of that, which is fine, as it is used solely for audio). The Kodi GUI itself seems to cope with this limitation very well, but for some reason the screensaver doesn't.
i'm not an expert in rendering, so can't offer any advice i'm afraid.
my cpu runs at 10% when the slideshow is running and only spikes to 20% during the slide transition.
(2020-05-26, 00:31)FXB78 Wrote: Also, @ronie the addon is still rendered at 720p, could an update be pushed to change this to 1080p?

sure, i'll change it to 1080p in the release for kodi matrix.
though to the best of my knowledge, changing the skin resolution won't have any effect on the image quality.
(2020-05-26, 00:34)Roi Danton Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 13:25)Roi Danton Wrote: I am using the latest Milhouse build, already based on Python 3.

The Picture Slideshow Screensaver addon now always shows video fanart. I set up a photo directory where it should show my own photos. This is completely ignored. And the third option "music fanart" does not work, too. Only a loading screen is shown.

Maybe you have an idea about this issue.

I wanted to bring up this topic again. Is somebody else experiencing this problem, other than Øyvind and me?

The problem is still there, running plugin version 6.1.0 and the latest version of Milhouse Matrix build with Python 3. But I am not sure if it is related to Python 3 or just something else.

Thank you for your help,

kindest regards,
Roi 

no idea, there might be some clues in a Debug Log, so could you please provide one?
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4