• 76(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Updated to Kodi 20.0 tonight and received a notice that "Picture Slideshow Screensaver" is not compatible with this version and will be disabled.
The plugin not load anymore the photos from the local hard disk.
(2023-01-21, 01:21)c_c_c_66 Wrote: Updated to Kodi 20.0 tonight and received a notice that "Picture Slideshow Screensaver" is not compatible with this version and will be disabled.
Could you download the nexus version zip file and install from zip here... https://gitlab.com/ronie/screensaver.pic...tree/nexus
Let us know if that works?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Tried the nexus version.
The option fanart music has as a result a spinning circle of circles
the option fanart video is OK
with the option to see the images from a folder: you can select a folder but then start video fanart.
After installing the latest build from GitLab (7.0.1) and setting to use Image folder on local network, getting spinning wheel and crashing out of kodi 20. 
Image folder is accessible from pictures in kodi but will not run screensaver. I know the python update is bothering a lot of plugins. Just thought I would post in case any one else ran into this problem.  
P.S. Android build of kodi.
Windows version is fine. Only Android problem.
Android version finally started working. It took a full day of catching before it worked. But now seems ok.
Really like this screensaver, however, after changing over my picture storage to nextcloud (moving from SMB to webdav), I've been unable to display my pictures within Kodi 20.2 (windows and libreelec), it just drops to the video fanart instead. I think I was on 19.something before and had the same issue, but I tried it on an older Windows device (Kodi 18.9) I had setup and it worked fine, and references https:// in the logs instead of davs://. It sounds like a Kodi error to me a first glance but strangely browsing the share from the File Browser or even a manually initiated slideshow of the entire directory works just fine. I tried to pull a log from my existing machine but it was littered with unrelated errors and also had my username, password and webdav url in plain text. I grabbed the (hopefully) relevant error below, but I'll see if I can find a way to make a safe debug of just this process if this isn't enough info to at least know if the problem lies with Kodi or this addon. 

2023-07-26 03:06:38.970 T:928      info <general>: Loading skin file: /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/resources/skins/default/1080i/script-python-slideshow.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
2023-07-26 03:06:39.143 T:1801    error <general>: CCurlFile::Exists - <davs://USERNAMETongue[email protected]:443/public.php/webdav/> Failed: Unsupported protocol(1)

Either way, thank you for your time and the work that goes into this, I do appreciate it.
Me, too, I do like this Picture Slideshow Screensaver very much since long time, to show pictures accessed via smb from NAS.
However, there is a problem I hoped it would be fixed sometime on a new release.
When under “Additional settings” of Picture Slideshow Screensaver the option “Display additional picture tags” is set, e.g. the title of the picture can be displayed, if present in EXIF data. However, this option seems to use always a default (that is an English) set of characters, regardless of what regional language and/or character set is chosen at interface setting. That leads to unreadable characters when e.g. German titles with umlauts  (ÄÖÜ, äöü) or sharp-s (ß)are present.
Can this be fixed in a future version? I hope so. Thanks to have a look into this.
(2023-07-27, 04:35)Paulman9 Wrote: Really like this screensaver, however, after changing over my picture storage to nextcloud (moving from SMB to webdav), I've been unable to display my pictures within Kodi 20.2 (windows and libreelec), it just drops to the video fanart instead. I think I was on 19.something before and had the same issue, but I tried it on an older Windows device (Kodi 18.9) I had setup and it worked fine, and references https:// in the logs instead of davs://. It sounds like a Kodi error to me a first glance but strangely browsing the share from the File Browser or even a manually initiated slideshow of the entire directory works just fine. I tried to pull a log from my existing machine but it was littered with unrelated errors and also had my username, password and webdav url in plain text. I grabbed the (hopefully) relevant error below, but I'll see if I can find a way to make a safe debug of just this process if this isn't enough info to at least know if the problem lies with Kodi or this addon. 

2023-07-26 03:06:38.970 T:928      info <general>: Loading skin file: /storage/.kodi/addons/screensaver.picture.slideshow/resources/skins/default/1080i/script-python-slideshow.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
2023-07-26 03:06:39.143 T:1801    error <general>: CCurlFile::Exists - <davs://USERNAMETongue[email protected]:443/public.php/webdav/> Failed: Unsupported protocol(1)

Either way, thank you for your time and the work that goes into this, I do appreciate it.
don't think i can help much as nextcloud works fine with the screensaver on my end...
2023-07-30 22:56:45.862 T:78226   debug <general>: screensaver.picture.slideshow: image path: davs://user:pass@domain:443/remote.php/dav/files/user/pictures/
2023-07-30 22:56:45.982 T:78114   debug <general>: CurlFile::Open - <https://domain:443/remote.php/dav/files/user/pictures/IMG_6380.JPG>
2023-07-30 22:56:46.115 T:78114   debug <general>: DoWork - took 132 ms to load davs://user:pass@domain:443/remote.php/dav/files/user/pictures/IMG_6380.JPG

if you need help, please ALWAYS (again ALWAYS) provide a Debug Log.
you can upload your log using the kodi logile uploader addon, which will automatically remove the username and passwords in your file.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2023-07-30, 19:16)hale50 Wrote: Me, too, I do like this Picture Slideshow Screensaver very much since long time, to show pictures accessed via smb from NAS.
However, there is a problem I hoped it would be fixed sometime on a new release.
When under “Additional settings” of Picture Slideshow Screensaver the option “Display additional picture tags” is set, e.g. the title of the picture can be displayed, if present in EXIF data. However, this option seems to use always a default (that is an English) set of characters, regardless of what regional language and/or character set is chosen at interface setting. That leads to unreadable characters when e.g. German titles with umlauts  (ÄÖÜ, äöü) or sharp-s (ß)are present.
Can this be fixed in a future version? I hope so. Thanks to have a look into this.
thanx for the report!
could you please test if this version fixes your issue?
screensaver.picture.slideshow-7.0.2.zip
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Wow, that was the fastest response I've ever got.
And this version fixed the problem right away. Great job!
Thanks for responding. Sorry it took so long to gather logs, had to dig up some spare hardware to spin up a clean libreelec to ensure nothing else is going on with my setup. Other PC gave me a 150MB log file but thats a seperate issue lol. I'm using the public share from nextcloud, which shouldn't make a difference afaik. Slideshow screensaver fails, but browsing the share or even starting a slideshow manually from pictures works just fine.
Wondering if anybody else is having problems with Picture Slideshow Screensaver on Kodi v21 Omega.

I've been running Omega for about 3 weeks, and have the screensaver set to use images sourced from the video library, but it also happens when music library is set as the image source.
Many images are just a black screen with the movie name being displayed in the bottom right corner while other images are displayed correctly. I estimate half my fanart images won't display.
When I check those movies in Choose Art, the fanart is correctly loaded. I have deleted and rescanned the movies but it still shows as a black screen.
I was hoping it was just a caching issue, and that over time it would sort itself out, but it hasn't.

@ronie any idea? I don;t see a logging option in the screensaver settings and nothing shown in the Kodi Debug Log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen yes, i can reproduce it. i have a couple of fanart images which show up as black in the screensaver.
what i did is check the Textures.db file and saw that those affected movies do not have a cached fanart image.

now i don't know much about our caching system, but what solved it for me was slowly browsing through the movie library (i have a small library, so easy to do).
i rechecked the database afterwards and all movie fanart images now have a cached url and show up fine in the screensaver as well.
(2023-11-13, 18:36)ronie Wrote: what i did is check the Textures.db file and saw that those affected movies do not have a cached fanart image.
Hi ronie, thanks for checking.
I checked also and found I had 247 cachedurl missing for fanart. (also lots missing for other artwork types, but lets stick with fanart for now.)
So I scrolled through part of my movie library, checked the db and noticed missing cachedurl increased to 342.
Scrolled through more of my movie library, and missing cachedurl increased to 536.
Hmm, did you notice if your cachedurl entries were deleting themselves?

Maybe @rmrector might have an idea?
rmrector Wrote:.
My Signature
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4