Win Program freezes when changing Audio Output settings
+1 here. Just got a new AVR, went to switch settings in XBMC, and it locks up when I try to change the audio settings. hmmm...
I posted the logs as requested earlier, but I am unfamiliar with the dmp file you are referring to. Let me know were it is and I will gladly grab it for you.

As for the dev's leaving I wasn't aware of that and that seems kinda crappy of them. They create a new audio engine then leave and more or less say good luck.

Also please do not take my comments as being hateful or demeaning. I have really enjoyed using XBMC. I have been using it for about 4 years now and each release gets a little better. This is the first release I have ever seen go the opposite way, and I can't even say if its bad release or not. Sadly the problem I'm having has made my XBMC completely unusable.

I found a link to Eden, so I'm going back to it until Frodo is made more useable.

For other reading this thread also looking for Eden.

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/02/07/h...o-release/
The .dmp files should be located parallel to your xbmc log files. If there aren't any XBMC didn't crash and throw an exception.
Concerning the AE guys it wasn't all their fault so don't get me wrong here. I seeing some comments from them recently so hopefully they'll return.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hey to all, thought I'd just post here since I've been having this problem for a long time and finally figured out a fix that works for me, maybe it will you. Try this:

1. Go into your C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder and save a backup copy of the guisettings.xml file.

2. Open the original guisettings.xml and navigate to the <audiooutput> markers. It should look something like this:

Code:
<audiooutput>
        <ac3passthrough>true</ac3passthrough>
        <audiodevice>WASAPI:{EA8C4DB3-5F12-4C92-9D42-1FD8EB9C76BD}</audiodevice>
        <channels>8</channels>
        <dtshdpassthrough>true</dtshdpassthrough>
        <dtspassthrough>true</dtspassthrough>
        <guisoundmode>0</guisoundmode>
        <mode>2</mode>
        <multichannellpcm>true</multichannellpcm>
        <normalizelevels>true</normalizelevels>
        <passthroughaac>true</passthroughaac>
        <passthroughdevice>WASAPI:{EA8C4DB3-5F12-4C92-9D42-1FD8EB9C76BD}</passthroughdevice>
        <stereoupmix>false</stereoupmix>
        <truehdpassthrough>true</truehdpassthrough>
</audiooutput>

3. Remove everything between the two audiooutput markers, making sure that the </audiooutput> marker is indented in line with <audiooutput>.

4. Exit and save.

You will have to reset your audio settings after this but everything should work fine again. If XBMC doesn't work after modifying the file, just replace the guisettings.xml file with the copy you backed up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Program freezes when changing Audio Output settings2