Win Program freezes when changing Audio Output settings
(2013-02-02, 17:54)DDDamian Wrote: @Atho - hard to say. There's so many sound cards out there of all vintages, and usually its the drivers that make or break how compliant they are. Obviously we test code using our own hardware, and resort to generic settings hoping that the driver support is there, but many boards don't play nice. In those cases you would have to seek driver support from the maker or donate a card for testing.

Allright. I understand... I'll make sure i got the latest drivers and then I'll ask the maker
Here is the log when trying to change any audio settings, which causes XBMC to stop responding.

Audio Log

Here is the log exiting from XBMC, same result, XBMC Stops responding.

XBMC Exit Log

Running Windows 7 Ultimate
I am running this main board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6813128469
With this Audio Card: http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x...ter_hd.php
I have turned of the on board audio on the main board.

I am running the latest drivers on all of my hardware.

One issue I had with the previous version of XBMC that I never reported was a static or crackling issue. This would happen when watching several TV Shows or Movies in Session. The audio would start making a crackling sound. I didn't give it much thought or report it as it was a minor issue. Which was always solved by closing and re-opening XBMC. Never have this issue when just playing videos through Windows Media player.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist. I would even be willing to setup a remote session as to have direct access to the machine in question.

XBMC has always worked very well for me, this is the first real issue I have had with XBMC.
I looked further into this issue and it ended up being reliably replicable by enabling/disabling my Asus Xonar D2X. No huge concern as I don't want to use that card for XBMC anyway.. just thought I'd share.
That sadly doesn't help my situation. Awaiting feed back from the admin
(2013-02-04, 11:46)Beta Quasi Wrote: I looked further into this issue and it ended up being reliably replicable by enabling/disabling my Asus Xonar D2X. No huge concern as I don't want to use that card for XBMC anyway.. just thought I'd share.

Hello,

I got myself a Asus Xonar D2 aswell and i also got the problem.
Im running Win8 x64 and XBMC v12 'Frodo'.

I just updated my Xonar driver (read: reïnstalled a Win8 driver) and my freezing problem when i close XBMC is fixed.

Hope this helps for some of you.

Gr. Ronnie
I am also having this exact issue. I open XBMC after the frodo update and don't have any sound at all. I then preceded to go into the audio options and if I click on any of the arrows (Analog/Digital, 2.0/2.1/5.1/etc, or Audio Output) the system freezes and the only way to close the program is Task Manager. I tried a fresh install of XBMC as well as renaming the guisettings file and both resulted in the same problem.

I am using a Creative SoudBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Gamer that I am outputting via SPDIF to my Pioneer VSX-1022-K receiver. The system has the most up to date drivers from Creative and I tried disabling the audio devices from my ATi TVWonder HD card and the problem persisted. I don't have the on-board audio disabled but it isn't Realtek and I don't have any Realtek drivers installed. Could this still be the problem?

Thank you all for your time.
I have same problem like Rhaen. I have Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium. Latest driver, disabled on-board audio, windows 8 pro x64.

I disabled nvidia high definition audio on my gtx 690, the problem persisted. Fresh install, latest nightly builds, i check all.

And freezes on exit too.
With the today latest nightly builds i can change audio output settings, and not freeze when i exit from XBMC.

But no sound when i play video, and the video is shuttering. I check all settings.
I have the same problemI have a AMD GPU and AMD CPUand Asus Xonar D2X Soiund Card. Everything was fine till Eden. Now with Frodo, there is no audio, the vido freezes or stutters and any attempts to change audio settings leads to a freeze of XMBC.
How about an alternate Frodo version with the Eden audio engine? I have racked my brains out changing settings, following audio guides for Frodo, but all to no avail. Reverted to Eden and again everything is fine.
Has any progress been made on this. I'm willing to open up my machine to the XBMC developers if it will help make head way on this issue.
Come on guys, through us a bone here. Has there even been any good results of daily releases
Nothing happens. Huh
As you may have noticed (or not) the audio engine guys more or less left us and we're alone with their code. Secondly we only have 1-2 active windows devs caring for windows specific problems. this leads to no progress in many areas as most of us have a real live and a day to day job.
but beside that where are the .dmp files of XBMC crashing? give us a bone to give us at least an idea since it works on my setup and without replicating I can't try to fix it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(2013-02-12, 16:45)tuareg Wrote: I have the same problemI have a AMD GPU and AMD CPUand Asus Xonar D2X Soiund Card. Everything was fine till Eden. Now with Frodo, there is no audio, the vido freezes or stutters and any attempts to change audio settings leads to a freeze of XMBC.

For whatever reason I found that trying to click the up/down arrows would freeze trying to switch over to the d2x passthrough device (proper output), but if I simply hit "enter" it changed over no problem and stopped crashing. YMMV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Program freezes when changing Audio Output settings2