Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery
Ok, here's a better mod for the Oscars viewtype (based on Nox 4.09)...

1. Extract the contents of this zip file into your /xbmc/addons folder. You may want to backup your Fonts.xml file first.

2. Edit your includes.xml file and add the following code to the list of viewtype includes at the beginning of the file.
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Oscars.xml" />

3. Edit your MyVideoNav.xml and add 999 to the list of views in line 12, as follows:
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518,999</views>

Scroll down to about line 86 and add the following code to the list of views:
Code:
<include>Oscars</include>

4. Edit one of your menu items and add the Program Addon "Oscar Viewtype"

5. Almost forgot to mention, the script is expecting an Oscars playlist named BestPicture.xsp. If you need an Oscars playlist, extract the contents of this file into your /xbmc/userdata/playlists/video folder.

I'm sure there's probably a lot that can be improved upon here, but this was the best my limited coding skills could produce in the last couple of hours. Smile FYI, the Oscars viewtype won't show up in the list of viewtypes in Nox's interface...it is loaded by the script.

To preserve the Tri Panel viewtype when running a git version of Nox - (4.1.9 for me) insert this code instead to the MyVideoNav.xml file after Tri Panel Square viewtype (line 153)

Code:
<!-- view id = 999 Oscar view mod -->
<include condition="IsEmpty(Skin.String(DisableTriPanelVL))">Oscars</include>

instead of
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Oscars.xml" />

The program addon didn't work for me but I just added the Best Picture playlist to my home menu, added to smartplaylist manager, configured for library stats, widgets, backgrounds etc and was all good to go. Note: whatever settings you've configured for the Tri Panel viewtype will be replicated in the Oscar views. You can't change these settings in the Oscar views, you have to do it within the Tri Panel viewtype.

Works a treat Bryan, many thanks for sharing the code and creating this great view. Smile

PS - Didn't realise until I used this view how many movies in my library were Best Picture winners - bonus.

EDIT - Will need to look at the font.xml file as your file works for the mod view but changes the fonts for movie titles, info dialog, some of the panels etc. Simply adding the additional three Oscar font types into the default font.xml doesn't work either as the "Best Picture" and "Year" sizes are much smaller. So almost there.
Kokonutcreme, thanks for testing this...I see I hardcoded my playlist path in the addon, lol. I'm curious how this works correctly without using the script? How does Nox know to use the 999 viewtype for your Oscars playlist?

UPDATE: I fixed the playlist path in the program addon linked in step 1 of post #46.
(2013-04-19, 15:35)Kokonutcreme Wrote: EDIT - Will need to look at the font.xml file as your file works for the mod view but changes the fonts for movie titles, info dialog, some of the panels etc. Simply adding the additional three Oscar font types into the default font.xml doesn't work either as the "Best Picture" and "Year" sizes are much smaller. So almost there.

I had this issue to, no matter what I put in font.xml xbmc seemed to ignore it. What I did in the end was moved font.xml from the 1080i folder, then I started up xbmc. As expected no text was displayed. I then closed xbmc and put font.xml back into the 1080i folder and started up xbmc again and the oscar text displayed correctley. I have no idea why this worked but it seemed to force xbmc to refresh the fontsBig Grin
(2013-04-19, 18:37)bigdave50uk Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 15:35)Kokonutcreme Wrote: EDIT - Will need to look at the font.xml file as your file works for the mod view but changes the fonts for movie titles, info dialog, some of the panels etc. Simply adding the additional three Oscar font types into the default font.xml doesn't work either as the "Best Picture" and "Year" sizes are much smaller. So almost there.

I had this issue to, no matter what I put in font.xml xbmc seemed to ignore it. What I did in the end was moved font.xml from the 1080i folder, then I started up xbmc. As expected no text was displayed. I then closed xbmc and put font.xml back into the 1080i folder and started up xbmc again and the oscar text displayed correctley. I have no idea why this worked but it seemed to force xbmc to refresh the fontsBig Grin

Hmm, not sure about the font issues. The three fonts I added all have unique names, they shouldn't affect anything else in the skin. I just restart XBMC after changing the Font.xml file and it seems to always pick up the changes.
(2013-04-19, 18:06)bryanbrazil Wrote: I'm curious how this works correctly without using the script? How does Nox know to use the 999 viewtype for your Oscars playlist?

UPDATE: I fixed the playlist path in the program addon linked in step 1 of post #46.

I don't know but it works lol.

For the font issue, I inserted this extra code before the Oscar font entries that I noticed from your mod font file

Code:
<font>
            <name>font13</name>
            <filename>MC360.ttf</filename>
            <size>31</size>
        </font>

and that has kept the font integrity intact throughout the skin as well as the Oscar viewtype.

By the way noticed in your quicklist screenshot you have a playlist for unwatched movies. What argument do you use to create an unwatched playlist?
Glad you figured out the font issue, font13 is in the Nox 4.09 Font.xml file. Maybe something's changed with the latest git.

Here's the playlist I use for my Top 100 Unwatched movies:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
    <name>Top 100</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>100</limit>
    <order direction="descending">rating</order>
</smartplaylist>
Doh playcount of course, thanks Bryan
Duplicated and modified the TriPanel viewtype again, this time to use with my IMDb Top 250 playlist...

Noticed I have a lot of duplicate placements on the Top 250 list. Guess I need to look for an easy way to update the IMDb ratings.
Nice work again Bryan Big Grin

Would you mind sharing again? I assume similar amendments to same files?
This zip file contains the image, the viewtype xml, and a script to load your playlist/viewtype. My earlier post in this thread (#46) has instructions for which other files need to be edited.

One thing I forgot to mention before...if you want the media flags to show up, you'll need to add the new viewtype id (in this case, 998) to the Posters_Furniture include in Includes_MediaFlags.xml.
(2013-04-20, 09:59)bryanbrazil Wrote: Duplicated and modified the TriPanel viewtype again, this time to use with my IMDb Top 250 playlist...

Noticed I have a lot of duplicate placements on the Top 250 list. Guess I need to look for an easy way to update the IMDb ratings.

dont know if this will help to update your imdb ratings automatically
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72094
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2013-04-20, 11:06)leepenny Wrote: dont know if this will help to update your imdb ratings automatically
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=72094

Thanks leepenny! Do you know if it works in Windows with a Mysql database?
I dont know- I just saw your post and remembered seeing this script before so just googled it - havent used it myself so have no idea my friend.
Im also supposing you could use ember media manager just to rescrape the ratings as well - (I have done that before)
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2013-04-19, 09:03)bryanbrazil Wrote: 3. Edit your MyVideoNav.xml and add 999 to the list of views in line 12, as follows:
Code:
<views>50,52,53,57,500,501,503,550,508,509,510,511,512,514,516,518,999</views>

Scroll down to about line 86 and add the following code to the list of views:
Code:
<include>Oscars</include>

Hi Bryan,

I having trouble with this step. In myvideonav.xml file this is line 85 - 89, should the <include>Oscars</include> lines go in here?

Code:
<control type="button" id="5999">
            <include>HiddenObject</include>
            <visible>!Control.HasFocus(109)</visible>
            <visible>[Skin.HasSetting(darkinfopane) | !Skin.HasSetting(DisableGlowbar)] + [Control.IsVisible(7550) | Control.IsVisible(510) | Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(518) | [Control.IsVisible(500) + !Skin.HasSetting(wallfullscreen)] | Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(550)]</visible>
</control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery1