Updated to Frodo and MP no longer works.
I can't figure it out. Live TV worked PERFECT until I updated. Now it only works on the main system. I get this error:

AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: CTsReader::Open(C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-1.ts.tsbuffer)
ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: No timeshift share known for card 2 'Hauppauge Cx23100 BDA DVBT Tuner'. Check your TVServerXBMC settings!
ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Could not find a network share for 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-1.ts.tsbuffer'. Check your TVServerXBMC settings!
ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Cannot access 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live2-1.ts.tsbuffer'
ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/0.pvr]

Now, I never had to "share" any folders before. Like I said, this was working before! There is no "setup" guide for the PVR function for Frodo that contains setting up satellite systems. I search this error and I can only find mention on Apple and Openelec.

Can somebody please help me here?
Hmmm, it only works on the main system since that's the one running XBMC and TV Server, so the "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer" is local to it.

If you want to watch live TV on other clients, you simply *must* change the path to the timeshiftbuffer (and recordings as well) to a folder which is shared and accessible on your LAN to all the clients.
It's odd that this wasn't needed before. But i went ahead and did that anyway some time ago. And I still get the error. But if I look from the satellite PC running the XBMC, I can see the file perfectly through the network. Possibly it only has "read" access? And it needs full? I will look into it.
You might have to change which user account the TvServer.exe service runs. By default it uses the Local System account.

What I had to do:

1. Create a user (I called it mediabrowser)
2. Change the service config, so it runs under this new user
3. Created a network share, gave mediabrowser full access to it and then pointed the timeshift and recording directories in the TV Server to this new share
4. In the Media Portal PVR client setup within XBMC, set the username/password in the Window share setup. Use the user created in the first step
@tommymsw:
Make sure that you are using the latest version of the TVServerXBMC plugin (1.2.3.120 for TVServer 1.2.3 or 1.2.200.120 for TVServer 1.3.0 beta).
The Frodo version of the PVR addon uses by default (tsreader) Windows shares to access the timeshift buffer and recordings. According to your log snippet, the PVR addon did not receive the sharenames from your backend. Therefore it does not know how to access the timeshift buffer file.
The new TVServerXBMC plugin has a settings tab for the shares to use to access the timeshift buffer. See also the screenshots on the XBMC wiki
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks, I think the plugin was the issue. Although I am not sure I updated it correctly? lol There we no instuctions and it came with a .config file I have no idea what to do with! It's still not working perfect but I'm at least geiing some picture now! Smile
Argh!!!! Somebody just needs to make a step by step. lol With what little directions are out there, I think I upgraded the plugin correctly and I am not sure about the "shares" as they disappeared after the upgrade somehow? lol But now I get one channel to show up on the satellite system, although it comes in poorly, a bunch of channels got a "card busy" or "no PMT" errors and another channel that came in simply froze XBMC all together! lol And everything worked perfectly until I added Frodo to the mix. Sad I guess I will just keep tinkering... It stinks though because with Eden, the PVR setup was a BREEZE and took 2 seconds and Frodo is supposed to be a "PVR" intended version and it seems to be MUCH worse at it... I may look inot one of the other alternatives besides MP and see if they are easier...
If anybody else has this problem... I fixed it by deleting all the old channels in the Tv server and then doing a fresh scan. I found the solution somewhere else, seems like it may be fairly common? Smile
I ran into a similar problem after changing the PCIe slot my tuner was in. My "shares" tab showed no shares for my "new" card. I removed the old card and mapped the channels over to it... but the shares tab remained empty even though the folders were actually shared by windows... the XBMC plugin didn't know about it.

I found the fix: if you go to the timeshift settings -> folders and click through the dropdown for all the card's, and then go to the recording settings-> folders and click through the dropdown for all the card's... then go back to the XBMC plugin it suddenly figures out your shares and folders correctly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated to Frodo and MP no longer works.0