Frodo - Movie thumbs gone!
Hi, just upgraded from Eden to Frodo and all my movie thumbs aren't displaying, well the vast majority of them. Instead i get what looks like a screen shot from the movie as the thumb

Only exceptions are on the main XBMC menu, where 'New Movies' are shown, here the thumbs are correct. Also, if I change skin back to Confluence all the thumbs display correctly.

If I select a movie and manually select a new thumb, it does fix it. But that will take ages to do manually. Anything silly I am doing or a quick way to refresh all the thumbs??

Thanks

UPDATE: I have noticed the following. On movies where the thumb is ok, if I go into 'Get Art' then these movies just have a Poster and Fanart. However, on all the movies where the thumb is wrong they have a Poster (which has the correct thumb in it), Fanart and also a Thumb (which contains the screenshot). Looks like Backrow is displaying the Thumb image if present otherwise the Poster image. Confluence appears to always display the Poster image. Is this a bug in Backrow or is there something I can do to change the behaviour?
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
TV: Panasonic 55" Plasma
Yeah it's displaying the thumb (tbn) file first as Back Row is still set up that way. I'm assuming for Confluence's movie views it specifically looks for IconPoster.

The quickest way I guess would be to mass delete your screen shot tbn files and force XBMC rescan the movie images?

Other than that the other way would be to wait for me to work my way through all the movie views replacing the listitem.thumb for the poster option - no idea how long that will take though.
Thanks Sharpe - do you know where would these screenshot tbn files might be located? They are not something I have conciously every created! Would gladly get rid of them!
HTPC: Kodi on Windows 10 | Intel i3 540 with Noctua NH-U9B Cooler | 2x2Gb RAM | Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 | Silverstone LC17B Case | Antec PSU | Samsung SSD for OS | 2x2TB Samsung for Media + 3TB WD
Not sure what created them but you can search for them in say windows by searching your movie source folder for any .tbn files (I'm assuming that's what they are) then select them all and delete them.
They were not in my Movie source folder - I only keep the movie files there and let XBMC do the rest. Assume they must be amongst \XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails somewhere, but couldn't figure out where. In the end I forced XBMC to rescan the whole library (by changing the "type" of the source to TV and then back to Movie) and that fixed it. After the rescan, every movie only has a "Poster" and "Fanart" picture associated to it and all the "Thumb"s have been removed. No idea why, but happy it is fixed. Bizarre.

Keep up the great work on Backrow! Thanks.
Cheers sel - glad you've sorted it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo - Movie thumbs gone!0