Display problems on a EeePC 1005HA
Hello,

I have tried to search this forum several times, but I haven't been able to find the answer, or at least one I understand.
I have a Asus Eee PC 1005HA netbook, which I have connected to an older TV through a VGA cable.
I have installed a XBMCBuntu on this computer and as such it is running fine.
I have absolutely no idea about how I fine-tune a Linux installation.

The netbook is capable of a resolution of 1024 x 600.
The TV is capable of 1440 x 900.

I have several issues, probably completely unrelated.

The underlying Linux (XBMCBuntu in the login screen) is capable of running the TV at maximum resolution, and it is capable of shutting off the built-in screen.
But no matter what I do, I cannot get XBMC to run at more than 800 x 600. I cannot get it to shut off the primary screen, and only use the TV.

So question 1: How do I make XBMC use the TV at maximum resolution?

I receive my TV signal over my internet connection, and have is able to use an internet browser to watch most of the available channel through a "web-tv" solution.
I have managed to get Advanced Launcher set up to launch a browser and directed it towards the right web-page. So far so good.

Two things bother me with this solution:
1. Is there anyway to make the Yatsee XBMC remote (Or another XBMC Remote) work in "browser" mode, or am I only able to use the mouse (and keyboard)?
2. The screen times out after 10 minutes, if I do not touch the keyboard or mouse. How do I prevent this?

I would appreciate any help I can get. I consider myself quite adapt at Windows, but Linux is really unknown to me.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Thomas
I'm also running in issues with this netbook.

I am using the xbmc live cd, latest stable release.
If I start with the vga cable connected, xbmc seems to hang: pc doesnt respond to anything. It works fine in the ubuntu part, but as soon as it gets to the xbmc menu (video, music, etc), it fails.

If I start without the cable connected, it works pretty flawless. But if I connect the cable, I dont get anything on the tv (full hd panasonic plasma)
If I exit xbmc, so I am at the login screen, connect the cable, it works, and keeps working when I log back in to xbmc.

I cant get the resolution higher than 1024x768, and on that resolution, it is impossible to get the image to fit to the tv screen.
On a lower resolution it does work, but you have to adjust the overlay to the extremes.

In short: quite a handfull.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display problems on a EeePC 1005HA0