Electric Sheep (electricsheep.org) screensaver?
(2014-11-06, 00:10)ironic_monkey Wrote: not available yet.

but a heads-up for whomever might pick up the task (doubt it - nobody did in 10 years but..) i'm have it almost nailed. i have it running.

the sad part is that i have to patch quite heavily. i have to fight a buggy buildsystem, i have to fight global conflicts with kodi and most importantly i have to hack something built as a standalone application into a library. but i have done it, mostly (still crashes on exit).

a fun invention these sheeps.

Awesome, how is the progress going?
it's working fine. i've had it working for a year or so. notspiff/screensaver.electricsheep

problem is it's a bitch to port to kosher kodi standards so right now it only works either through a machine-dependent build environment pointing to the kodi ffmpeg libs or through luck (kodi ffmpeg version do not interfer with system level ffmpeg). the static linked ffmpeg in kodi.bin may cause havoc if we dynlink another version (since it would resolve to the already supplied symbols from the main binary which may or may not be abi compatible with the system version..).
Any news? I like Electric Sheep a lot on my desktop but have absolutely no plan how to compile such thing to rpi3 with latest LibreElec 8.1.1.
Can anyone help?
RPi3 | RPi4 | LibreElec Kodi
no news.
small news: i have updated it for the new kodi add-on bindings. so now it works again, under the same limitations as stated above. note that it's still only easy to use it on linux/ubuntu though, as electric sheep has a bucket-load of dependencies. these are definitely not in libreelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Electric Sheep (electricsheep.org) screensaver?1