• 1(current)
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )
hello,

great that you made a version for android, it actually runs on the android ICS tablet i'm testing on, but the videos framerate is really slow.

so. i try to introduce the allwinner/cedarv hardware acceleration library in xbmc and i tested the xbmca10 branch that achieves this for linux, unfortunately, it doesn't run on android and i get black screens ( i guess i have to make an AndroidVideoRenderer and not use the Linux one ).

does anyone tried to do this before or can give some hints to know where to start?

regards,
sevy, android developper
Is it this https://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10 ? It would be easier if you could start by making a patch/PR vs master so that we can see what has precisely been done...
What are the logs telling you?
oh just some little progress, i understood that i had to change the Linux renderer that was accessing the frame buffer with ioctls by and GLES renderer like what is used in xbmc android, but now the screen is green so it might be a decoding issue or a colorspace issue, anyone?

ragrds,
sevy
green is y=0, u=0, v=0.
I am following this with great interest Wink
Any progress?
i could make a build that runs on android ICS, apparently my error was to compile with an android 9 toolchain and you should use an android 14 toolchain
(2013-02-12, 23:34)chevil Wrote: i could make a build that runs on android ICS, apparently my error was to compile with an android 9 toolchain and you should use an android 14 toolchain

And? Smile Did you manage to get HW accelerated video?
yes videos are hw accelerated and decoding uses cedar library, take the xbmca10 branch, but my tablet is rooted, i'm not sure it runs on non rooted android, i make it for a specific OS and cannot publish this version as it is.
(2013-02-14, 18:07)chevil Wrote: yes videos are hw accelerated and decoding uses cedar library, take the xbmca10 branch, but my tablet is rooted, i'm not sure it runs on non rooted android, i make it for a specific OS and cannot publish this version as it is.

I am running ICS on a rooted tablet - care to share a link? Wink
(2013-02-14, 18:07)chevil Wrote: yes videos are hw accelerated and decoding uses cedar library, take the xbmca10 branch, but my tablet is rooted, i'm not sure it runs on non rooted android, i make it for a specific OS and cannot publish this version as it is.
Well, if I understood you well, you made changes from the xbmca10 branch to have it work on Android.
May I gently remind you that XBMC is GPL so you HAVE to share your modified sources for the good of everybody...
Dear XBMC Community,

My company, SKYTEX Technology Inc (http://www.skytex.com), has been working on this project with chevil. We are currently using the xbmca10 branch: https://github.com/empatzero/xbmca10 and have cross-compiled a working version for Android. Currently, chevil and I have compiled some all the dependencies (many are addons are broken at this point) which we are going to resolve with a fix shortly.

We understand the nature of GPL and we will be posting our sources onto a git as well along with the compiled version for everyone to share. If you guys are still interested, we are working on a customized SKYTEX Video Player (powered by XBMC of course) that will be capable of running on our Android devices along with a (Set-top box Wink shhhhhhh) in the future. As you guys also notice, we have dual-core Rockchip sets which we may be able to receive the libraries for hardware acceleration, this will be a project we will continue in the future as well.

Please be patient as we are still working out some bugs and kinks before we upload our sources onto a git server.

Regards,
SKYTEX Justin
http://www.skytex.com/imagine/imagine7/specifications

Nice Rockchip tab specs Smile

can you guys really hold the 1.6 Ghz stable, under all use case scenarios ?
hello,

no, there is almost no modification to the xbmca10 branch, i just said i compiled it with the right toolchain to make it work, that's all.

i also don't know how to participate in the git if i come one day to fix some bugs or optimize some things, i don't know how to join xbmc team.

regards,
sevy
hola,

sorry i didn't see the message of Justin from Skytex, but he resumes the thing that the version i'm working on is still not very stable to be comitted and it should be comitted in the xbmca10 branch, as some things might be specific to that chipset.

we'll let you know when things will get stable and i would like to contact empat0 to know how to proceed with commits.

regards,
sevy
I'm also interested on how to build xbmca10 to android with cedarv hw acceleration.

Maybe if you commit the non stable version on empatzero's repository, there will be other people that will help getting an android version faster.

I'll gladly help if I can
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware acceleration on allwinner ( cedarv )2