• 68(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Use Xy-VSFilter and config with it's GUI. Not sure about DSPlayer internal subtitle implement since I stopped use it for long time.
(2014-11-28, 00:12)oldpoem Wrote: Use Xy-VSFilter and config with it's GUI. Not sure about DSPlayer internal subtitle implement since I stopped use it for long time.

I cannot do that, because I actively using the "subtitles time shift" feature. So I am stuck with it.
Is there a DSPlayer bug log that we can contribute to?
Or maybe someone can check out the code and try to find what's missing? (Isn't it open source too? Where is the code depository for DSPlayer branch?)
Does anyone know if it's possible to configure live-streams/internet tv to be picked up by SVP? Files that I have downloaded are picked up with no problem, but SVP does not recognize anything that is streamed.

My super condensed config:

<rule filetypes="avi|divx|ogm|mp4|mov|m4v|m2v|mkv|3gp|3gpp|3g2|
f4v|rtmp|rtmpe|http|https">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
<extra filter="ffdraw" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="flv">
<source filter="flvsource" />
<splitter filter="flvsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="ts|mpeg|mpg|m2ts">
<source filter="mpegsource" />
<splitter filter="mpegsplitter" />
</rule>
<rule filetypes="wmv">
<source filter="wmasfreader" />
<splitter filter="wmasfreader" />
<video filter="wmvideodecoder" />
<audio filter="wmaudiodecoder" />
</rule>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I see that there is a Dsplayer build of 14.0 RC2!
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6y43ch...player.exe
(2014-11-24, 03:05)Warner306 Wrote: For those still waiting for madVR integration with DS Player, I posted an extensive guide on how to use MPC-HC with madVR as an external player with Kodi. I still use DS Player on a laptop and enjoy it, but my main HTPC is configured towards maximum picture quality and I prefer madVR as the video renderer. I remain hopeful the video renderer in DS Player will be upgraded in the future.

1843499 (post)

dont worry im still keeping in contact with tiben as well and do hope this gets integrated sooner than later , heres to maximum picture quality Cool
(2014-11-24, 03:05)Warner306 Wrote: For those still waiting for madVR integration with DS Player, I posted an extensive guide on how to use MPC-HC with madVR as an external player with Kodi. I still use DS Player on a laptop and enjoy it, but my main HTPC is configured towards maximum picture quality and I prefer madVR as the video renderer. I remain hopeful the video renderer in DS Player will be upgraded in the future.

1843499 (post)

I REALLY hope for MadVR integration too, but I am not using it with external player because of the missing integration with DSPlayer and also have read getting subtitles download like XBMC has is difficult with MPC-HC. Is that correct?

But again if MadVR ever gets integrated in DSPlayer it would be fantastic!!!
Can someone please post how can I get HTTP/RSTP streams to use the Microsoft decoder instead of LAV?
A working mediasconfig code for that.
I want to use the native decoders for live TV because of Timeshift and teletext which LAV doesn't support probable and LAV for everything else..

Is that possible?
(2014-12-04, 10:11)Bjur Wrote:

1843499 (post)

I REALLY hope for MadVR integration too, but I am not using it with external player because of the missing integration with DSPlayer and also have read getting subtitles download like XBMC has is difficult with MPC-HC. Is that correct?

But again if MadVR ever gets integrated in DSPlayer it would be fantastic!!!

You can choose the source of your subtitles in MPC-HC or MPC-BE. Opensubtitles.org is the default. I'm sure set-up is more complex than Kodi (I don't use a subtitle database; they are all embedded), but there is flexibility to do as you choose. I also use Xy-SubFilter, which renders high-definition subtitles.

If you have a decent graphics card and know what you're doing with set-up, the picture quality is far superior than DSPlayer and is worth it to me. Getting used to the spartan OSD is disappointing, but outside of a blink of the Windows Taskbar showing when the player closes, the experience of opening and closing the player is very seamless to me. I have never had MPC-HC crash on me on any video.

MPC-BE is the better player of the two, but has focus issues with some graphics cards. Using the guide link posted, I estimate it would take someone two hours to set-up everything and give it a try. You can always leave out the player rules and launch MPC as a secondary player by using the context menu, C, and selecting "Play using." That's how I have my DSPlayer computer set-up. DSPlayer is the main player; MPC-BE is listed as an optional external player.
Hi thanks for the good answer. I have a decent Graphic Card. I have a8-7600 so it should be okay and I will try to experiment with it when i got time. 2 questions:
1. Why do you use dsplayer as primary if the picture is better with MPC madvr?
2. Do you have a working solution to get Internal player to use on live TV and dsplayer to anything else?

Thanks again for your help Warner.
just use potplayer , that ones even better than mpc-be this coming from a long time mpc-hc and afterwards mpc-be user , its got all what mpc-be got and lots more , this is my current external player im using for kodi dsplayer until as said tiben gets madvr integrated , xy-subfilter is a must of course for properly rendered subs as ive previously posted but of course cant be integrated into dsplayer without proper madvr support , so we play the waiting game ....tiben has been on summer break , so im yet to get a update on this
Hi guys,

Found a helix rc3 DSplayer build in Aracnoz Signature http://tinyurl.com/psv3voo

Wanted to try it out but PVR is not working. Nothing happens when i try to start a tv channel Sad Does anyone know if thats just how it is? That PVR is not supported?

Regards
Jacob
(2014-12-10, 17:26)mylle Wrote: Hi guys,

Found a helix rc3 DSplayer build in Aracnoz Signature http://tinyurl.com/psv3voo

Wanted to try it out but PVR is not working. Nothing happens when i try to start a tv channel Sad Does anyone know if thats just how it is? That PVR is not supported?

Regards
Jacob

I've installed this version yesterday and it's working without any problems (PVR inclusive).
(2014-12-10, 18:32)HotShottt Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 17:26)mylle Wrote: Hi guys,

Regards
Jacob

I've installed this version yesterday and it's working without any problems (PVR inclusive).

Hmm. ok. What are you using as backend? Im using mediaportal.

Log is here:

http://pastebin.com/B1hpqim9

/Jacob
(2014-12-10, 18:50)mylle Wrote: Hmm. ok. What are you using as backend? Im using mediaportal.

Log is here:

http://pastebin.com/B1hpqim9

/Jacob

I'm using Argus TV.

You are using DSPlayer for PVR also? This never worked for me, so I use the default DVDPlayer therefore.

And you have several messages like:

Code:
ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph

Did you changed something with your filters or settings recently?
ok.

I did not change anything. Im normally using mediaportal. Just installed XBMC to test PVR but was not impressed about the quality of tv. Thats why i wanted to try dsplayer PVR but i guess that does not work Sad
  • 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8