DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-03-27, 14:54)juro1971 Wrote: So only a special MediaPortal solution could bepossible? would be perfect for me and a lot of other Users. special solution is bestter than no solution. What is VU+ and DM800?

BR Juro

I meant that MediaPortal team developed tsreader.ax which is a directshow source filter that read .ts (transport stream aka tv stream) and demux it to use with other directshow decoding filters. So it would be possible to use or implement that filter for XBMC as well. But last time I read it was still has problems connecting output pin to few other directshow filters not sure if it fixed now.

I think it's possible but need some works and few obstacles.

1.) that filter was built with MediaPortal application in mind. So it might not works well with other application without altering codes.
2.) TV is not what DSPlayer dev intended to use at the beginning. DSPlayer fork & PVR fork were independently developed with different goals. I don't know even if DSPlayer dev use XBMC for TV now. So it might not on their TODO list at all.

VU+ is XBMC TVbackend for Enigma based device. And DM800 is Dreambox 800 which based on Enigma2. I already have that device so I use it to play with XBMC.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by oldpoem - 2013-03-27, 15:09
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available58