DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2013-05-10, 13:33)oldpoem Wrote: IIRC the problem is not with DSPlayer itself. MadVR developer tried to provide patch for XBMC main branch but got rejected.

1. MadVR is platform specific (Windows Only). And one of XBMC main goal is to provide multi-platform solution.
2. Patch code wasn't clean enough. There has to be maintainer of the patch and there is very few developer to maintain windows specific things.Most of XBMC Dev are on Linux platform.
3. MadVR is renderer and it changes very much how XBMC render thing.

So the proposed patch was rejected. I think you could ask MadVR developer for provide patch for DSPlayer. But then DSPlayer maintainer now is Russian Dev and hardly come in official XBMC Forums (here) or even interact in English at all.

So don't hold your breath over it. For mine DSPlayer now is good enough to ditch XBMC + External Player. I even prefer DSPlayer or DXVA-High Quality Deinterlacer enabled build over MPC/MadVR.
The big problem was that madvr decide when it has to render the frame. The madvr developer didn't wanted to rewrite the way the timed rendering was done. I managed to add a callback to xbmc for rendering the gui but it was easy to get stuttering that way. The way i wrote the patch was making the renderer miss a lot of frame.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by tiben20 - 2013-05-12, 18:17
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available58