• 33(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Does anyone know how to get EVR to work on WinXP? I have the .net3 framework installed that brings the necessary EVR dll's to XP, and I am able to use it fine in MPC-HC and ZoomPlayer, but when I select EVR as the renderer in the settings page for DSPlayer, when I try to play anything, the screen just briefly flashes, and nothing plays, control just immediately returns to the UI.

DSPlayer works (functionally) fine when using VMR, but I would rather use EVR if possible due to glitches in the VMR renderer in DSPlayer that Tiben knew about, but never had the time to fix.

Do I need to configure something special in the xml's?

Does anyone have EVR working on XP?

Many thanks,
TRJB
Thank you so much for this XBMC DSPlayer branch.

I have an old laptop with Nvidia GT240M that cannot bitstream HD codecs. Using LAV splitter, LAV audio decoder with DSPlayer set to ReClock audio Renderer in WASAPI exclusive mode, I'm able to decode DTS-HD/TrueHD to 24-bit LPCM and send to receiver unmolested without having the Windows 8 OS downgrade the audio to 16-bit. Amazing.

Looking at the LAV status window and ReClock properties, TrueHD is decoded to LPCM 24-bit.

But, I've noticed a slight visual bug with this XBMC DSPlayer version.

The in-play sound properties does not display the current selected audio stream and subtitle, whether I enable DSPlayer or not in the GUI. It's blank. But, I really appreciate that I can see all the audio streams and subtitles all at once. For example, Prometheus Bluray has 13 audio streams and 28 subtitles. It was a real pain cycling through them one by one with the main branch.

With XBMC from the main branch, the current audio and subtitle is displayed.

It's a small visual bug in the DSPlayer branch.

Otherwise, this DSPlayer branch is absolutely amazing. By the way, as an added bonus, I've noticed that it automatically remembers the last played position from my Blurays and can resume. Main branch does not do that.

Many thanks to the developpers. Excellent work!
2 Johnny569

I'll pass the info regarding audio/subs stream display to the developer. Maybe he will do something about that.
(2014-01-23, 02:35)Johnny569 Wrote: Thank you so much for this XBMC DSPlayer branch.

I have an old laptop with Nvidia GT240M that cannot bitstream HD codecs. Using LAV splitter, LAV audio decoder with DSPlayer set to ReClock audio Renderer in WASAPI exclusive mode, I'm able to decode DTS-HD/TrueHD to 24-bit LPCM and send to receiver unmolested without having the Windows 8 OS downgrade the audio to 16-bit. Amazing.

Looking at the LAV status window and ReClock properties, TrueHD is decoded to LPCM 24-bit.

But, I've noticed a slight visual bug with this XBMC DSPlayer version.

The in-play sound properties does not display the current selected audio stream and subtitle, whether I enable DSPlayer or not in the GUI. It's blank. But, I really appreciate that I can see all the audio streams and subtitles all at once. For example, Prometheus Bluray has 13 audio streams and 28 subtitles. It was a real pain cycling through them one by one with the main branch.

With XBMC from the main branch, the current audio and subtitle is displayed.

It's a small visual bug in the DSPlayer branch.

Otherwise, this DSPlayer branch is absolutely amazing. By the way, as an added bonus, I've noticed that it automatically remembers the last played position from my Blurays and can resume. Main branch does not do that.

Many thanks to the developpers. Excellent work!

Just be aware that unless you have the dtsdecoderdll.dll file installed you will only get DTS core playback and not fully decoded DTS-MA on those files with that codec.
Roman, thanks.

Steelman, I dropped a copy of dtsdecoderdll in the LAV/x86 folder. I don't know if it makes a difference, but by decoding with LAV audio decoder, the LAV status windows correctly identifies the audio as DTS-HD MA being decoded to 24-bit PCM, even if the DSPlayer OSD only says DTS. By using ReClock audio renderer in WASAPI exclusive mode, the 24-bit PCM is sent directly to receiver without Windows OS interfering.

ImageImage

Another visual bug, when activating DSPlayer, DTS-HD always shows as DTS on the OSD. Deactivating DSPlayer, DTS-HD correctly shows on the OSD.

Screenshot below with DSPlayer turned off. Compare with screenshot above with DSPlayer activated.

Yeah that will do the trick. Whatever LAV/ReClock is reporting will be correct - looks purely a cosmetic issue with display logo.
@steelman1991: I'm using LAV with DSplayer and my reciever is showing DTS-HD and the other HD sound format when bitstreaming. Are you saying that it is only DTS eventhough the reciever is showing otherwise or am I missing something?
(2014-01-28, 12:00)Bjur Wrote: @steelman1991: I'm using LAV with DSplayer and my reciever is showing DTS-HD and the other HD sound format when bitstreaming. Are you saying that it is only DTS eventhough the reciever is showing otherwise or am I missing something?

No if its showing that on your receiver, then that's what's being bitstreamed. The dll file is only required, where the player is decoding the signal, prior to passing to the receiver.
cant get DSPlayer to work with SVP and ReClock, can someone post their xml config files?
Filtersconfig.xml: http://pastebin.com/KNqJNMw6
Mediasconfig.xml: http://pastebin.com/waRZ0zcq

This has been working for me for quite a while.
Using graphstudionext is indispensable for making sure you have things running correctly.
Hi,

I am newbie. I dont understand what is this:

<filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>MPCVideoDec.ax</path>
<guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
<osdname>MPC Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

Does this mean we should the video decoder on MPC-HC GUI?

Many thanks
(2014-01-31, 13:20)tfouto Wrote: Hi,

I am newbie. I dont understand what is this:

<filter name="mpcvideodec" type="videodec">
<path>MPCVideoDec.ax</path>
<guid>{008BAC12-FBAF-497B-9670-BC6F6FBAE2C4}</guid>
<osdname>MPC Video Decoder</osdname>
</filter>

Does this mean we should the video decoder on MPC-HC GUI?

Many thanks

Read through the Wiki for a more in-depth understanding: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSP...eclaration

There is a set of default common DS filters that are declared in the filtersconfig.xml. You may or may not have them on your system. But it doesn't matter unless you try to use them in mediasconfig.xml.
I read it, but the doubt remains.

i dont want to know the xml config. I am just curious about mpcvideocodec. What is this? MPC-HC is just a player. It uses filters like LAV and madvr, and render like EVR, etc...

Does this mean that we choose the DirectShow Video property on MPC-HC and that's what will be used on DSPlayer? Is that it?
(2014-01-31, 13:32)tfouto Wrote: I read it, but the doubt remains.

i dont want to know the xml config. I am just curious about mpcvideocodec. What is this? MPC-HC is just a player. It uses filters like LAV and madvr, and render like EVR, etc...

Does this mean that we choose the DirectShow Video property on MPC-HC and that's what will be used on DSPlayer? Is that it?

If you go back about six months in time, MPC-HC was including it's own video codec in their distro package. The filters are simply declared in the filtersconfig.xml. They are included this way so that you don't have to find a way to discover the guid and build this file yourself. Just because they are DECLARED in the filtersconfig.xml does NOT mean that they will be used. You can delete the XML filter declarations for any filters that you do not plan on ever using if you wish.

If in mediasconfig.xml you configure DSPlayer to use that codec and you have it installed on your system then it will try to use it.

So it goes something like this:

1. XBMC asks DSPlayer to play a file with a specific extension.
  2. DSPlayer looks in mediasconfig.xml to see how you have asked it to build the filter graph to play the file. In there you said use AA for the source, BB for the splitter, CC as the videocodec and DD as the audio codec.
  3. Then it looks up AA, BB, CC and DD in filtersconfig.xml to get their details so that it can build the graph.
(2014-01-31, 13:54)KenV99 Wrote:
(2014-01-31, 13:32)tfouto Wrote: I read it, but the doubt remains.

If you go back about six months in time, MPC-HC was including it's own video codec in their distro package. The filters are simply declared in the filtersconfig.xml. They are included this way so that you don't have to find a way to discover the guid and build this file yourself. Just because they are DECLARED in the filtersconfig.xml does NOT mean that they will be used. You can delete the XML filter declarations for any filters that you do not plan on ever using if you wish.

If in mediasconfig.xml you configure DSPlayer to use that codec and you have it installed on your system then it will try to use it.

So it goes something like this:

1. XBMC asks DSPlayer to play a file with a specific extension.
  2. DSPlayer looks in mediasconfig.xml to see how you have asked it to build the filter graph to play the file. In there you said use AA for the source, BB for the splitter, CC as the videocodec and DD as the audio codec.
  3. Then it looks up AA, BB, CC and DD in filtersconfig.xml to get their details so that it can build the graph.

Yes, i understand that. I understand that mediaconfig.xml is used to select the videocodec. If mpcvideocodec is what codec is being used? mpcvideocodec is really a codec? For instance, can we change EVR to madvr or other? Do we change that on MPC-HC GUI? My doubt is solely on mpcvideocodec.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8