DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-02-20, 16:24)vicmanpergar Wrote: AS far as i know, u don't need to write a rule for DSPlayer in this build, since u can stablish DSPlayer as the default player from the XBMC GUI itself.
Anyway, the format for any rule in playercorefactory is as follows:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule filetype="iso" player="MPC-HC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I only wrote the rules section, playercorefactory.xml of course have more lines there. The example shows it for MPC-HC player to play the iso, u can put the player u want, in that case u have to type here the name u declared for the player in the section players, of the xml.

Ahhh... Thanks. It was the prepend action which fixed it. It's not exactly clear to me when the situation requires a prepended action versus an appended action.

Quoting the wiki:
Quote: Appended rules will take precedence over default players (i.e. DVDPlayer for video and PAPlayer for audio) but not over XBMCs builtin rules. [needs better/more complete explanation]
It seems that it is recognized that this isn't clear. Even though the appended rule should have superceded the default player, there must be a builtin rule for .iso files.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by KenV99 - 2014-02-20, 16:42
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8