DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-03-19, 10:14)cosmo321 Wrote: The new build looks pretty awesome, I just tried it, and I really like the new menu for subtitles out of the box (at least I think it's new?). However, I still have some issues with all those fancy anime subtitles and silly typesetting they use. Would it be possible to better support xy-vsfilter in DSPlayer? The subtitle renderer that DSplayer use really makes the type of subtitles i watch the most look pretty bad. (You can test with these files, if you want to. Try Sword Art Online or Shinsekai Yori).

The way to get xy-vsfilter to work with DSPlayer still works, but it requires deletion of libsubs.dll from C:\..\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\, but doing so I loose a lot of control over subtitle management and I loose that nice menu, and can no longer turn off subtitles and so on. If it would be possible to create a way to use xy-vsfilter and still have some control over subtitle management would be pretty sweet. It's not the end of the world for me if you don't want to create a solution for that, but it would be greatly appreciated if you could make it happen. Smile

This is higher on my wishlist than MadVR intregration. But I'm not sure if it would be possible solely on DSplayer side. You should ask XY-Filter developers too.

I believe there can be a workaround like pass selected subtitle stream to xy-vsfilter instead of straight to renderer. But since I'm not developer so I have no knowledge about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by oldpoem - 2014-03-19, 10:40
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available58