• 50(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I have a problem with stereoscopic 3D (Gotham). When I'm playing an hSBS file, view mode switches to side-by-side, and the gui renders correctly in SBS-mode. However, the movie is squeezed into the left half of the screen while the right side remins black. The original DVDPlayer displays this correctly. Do you guys have an idea for me, how I could fix this?
(2014-03-20, 00:11)oldpoem Wrote:
(2014-03-19, 22:19)aracnoz Wrote: guys I managed to run the xy-VSFilter through the interface of xbmc
now i can choose a subtitle, hide/show etc etc directly from xbmc gui
everything work ok...

now I have to put it all together (libsubs.dll and xyvsfilter.dll)

but this is not difficult just boring

That's amazing news indeed! If it works ok ,I believe it should replace current dsplayer subtitle renderer instead of co-exist since xy-VSFilter is more matured and been developed over years.

pretty much all there is to say has been said in this post , thanks alot aracnoz for helping out tiben20 where you can and thanks alot! for xy-vsfilter integration and yes i to do believe it should be the default sub renderer and completely replace the default one Nod, great work keep it up guys , lovin it
(2014-03-21, 10:55)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 15:23)oldpoem Wrote: PGS Subtitles is not showing. But it probably down to xy-vsfilter limitation.

Yes, xy-vsfilter cannot scale graphic PGS subtitles, unlike DVDplayer and DSplayer internal subtitles renderers, so effectively xy-vsfilter is not a universal solution, and we need something better.

PS. As I understand, MadVR support has not yet been added to DSplayer-Gotham repo on GitHub. Am I right?

its easy to just give up so early on a clear path a sub renderer has to develop to aka a proper universal sub renderer wich xyvsfilter is very much already and see no reason why it shouldnt be

apparently youre right heres an excerpt from over at the official xyvsfilter thread over at doom9>

Quote:xy-VSFilter uses the MPC-HC PGS decoder, so the output limitations are the same. At least in my experience, the MPC-HC PGS decoder always outputs 1920x1080 subtitle bitmaps for PGS from Blu-rays.

so id like to have an clear detailed explanation what exactly the problem is so i can report it to the xy devs , thats if its fixable by the xy devs if not id have to report to the lav dev or madvr dev , so just lemme know ok , thanks
(2014-03-21, 11:26)oldpoem Wrote: I'm thinking about different config for Anime /xy-vsfilter separately in mediaconfig

Something like this based on renamed files.

<rule filename="*.anime.*" />

Other type could use libsubs filters instead.

for what reason what use would it be Huh
(2014-03-22, 04:02)hentai23 Wrote:
(2014-03-21, 11:26)oldpoem Wrote: I'm thinking about different config for Anime /xy-vsfilter separately in mediaconfig

You seem that you missed some posts above:

(2014-03-20, 15:23)oldpoem Wrote: PGS Subtitles is not showing. But it probably down to xy-vsfilter limitation.

Yes, xy-vsfilter cannot scale graphic PGS subtitles, unlike DVDplayer and DSplayer internal subtitles renderers, so effectively xy-vsfilter is not a universal solution, and we need something better.

PS. As I understand, MadVR support has not yet been added to DSplayer-Gotham repo on GitHub. Am I right?
(2014-03-20, 09:27)Ed76 Wrote: @deh2k7

as far as i know npvr used http streaming. so livetv via dsplayer should be possible. maybe you have a formatting failure in your filterconfig and/or mediasconfig? try to play a simple mkv video via dspalyer+lav and look if this work. if you have no success with livetv post your log-files or the relevant part of the log file (after starting a livetv channel).

Hi Ed -

I have DS working just fine for regular files like mkv. I am only having problems with getting DS to work with NPVR. You were right - i must have had a problem somewhere previously, a reverted changes and and reapplied. Here is what I have:

mediasconfig
Code:
<mediasconfig>
  <rules>    
    <rule filetypes="ts|m2ts|bdmv|mp4|m4v|avi|mpg|mpeg|mkv">
        <source filter="lavfsplitter" />
        <splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
        <video filter="lavvideodec" />
        <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
        <extra filter="ffdraw" />
    </rule>
    <rule protocols="http|https">
        <source filter="urlsource" />
    </rule>
    <!-- New rule for preferred streaming source filter -->  
    <rule url="true" filetypes=".*">
    </rule>
  </rules>
</mediasconfig>

playercorefactory
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
    <rule filetypes="IFO|DVD" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

the problem is that it seems like NPVR may not be using HTTP or HTTPS. Even with changes, it's still playing with XBMC DVD player, not DS. I tested the new HTTP rule by trying to play a youtube trailer. It tried to use DS, but failed to playback with an error about the file stream. At least we know the config works properly by trying to DS, but not sure if DS is having issues with YouTube, or something else... Here is a log excerpt:
Code:
23:02:23 T:6576  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: http://r6---sn-8xgp1vo-p5qs.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?itag=22&expire=1395483228&sver=3&ip=173.73.89.152&key=yt5&ms=au&mv=m&mt=1395457270&source=youtube&id=o-APeoQrkS40iTxCxjaA6_WmZrAk6ivN5h674KNj1gWkWE&ratebypass=yes&upn=9uIx5DrUY1k&ipbits=0&fexp=935639,919110,943900,913564,944305,941342,937417,913434,936910,936913,934022&sparams=id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&signature=BB7D4D65388DE49F39E6F0203DC9431FB34F46.C3174FF315A591FF572EA63C99304C7EF7B9A4AF|User-Agent=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28Windows+NT+6.2%3B+Win64%3B+x64%3B+rv%3A16.0.1%29+Gecko%2F20121011+Firefox%2F16.0.1
23:02:23 T:6576  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: http://r6---sn-8xgp1vo-p5qs.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?itag=22&expire=1395483228&sver=3&ip=173.73.89.152&key=yt5&ms=au&mv=m&mt=1395457270&source=youtube&id=o-APeoQrkS40iTxCxjaA6_WmZrAk6ivN5h674KNj1gWkWE&ratebypass=yes&upn=9uIx5DrUY1k&ipbits=0&fexp=935639,919110,943900,913564,944305,941342,937417,913434,936910,936913,934022&sparams=id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&signature=BB7D4D65388DE49F39E6F0203DC9431FB34F46.C3174FF315A591FF572EA63C99304C7EF7B9A4AF
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
23:02:23 T:1972 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
23:02:23 T:1972 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: Reconnect, (re)try 1
23:02:23 T:1972 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://r6---sn-8xgp1vo-p5qs.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?itag=22&expire=1395483228&sver=3&ip=173.73.89.152&key=yt5&ms=au&mv=m&mt=1395457270&source=youtube&id=o-APeoQrkS40iTxCxjaA6_WmZrAk6ivN5h674KNj1gWkWE&ratebypass=yes&upn=9uIx5DrUY1k&ipbits=0&fexp=935639,919110,943900,913564,944305,941342,937417,913434,936910,936913,934022&sparams=id,ip,ipbits,itag,ratebypass,source,upn,expire&signature=BB7D4D65388DE49F39E6F0203DC9431FB34F46.C3174FF315A591FF572EA63C99304C7EF7B9A4AF>
23:02:23 T:1972  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Splitter Source" to the graph
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules
23:02:23 T:1972   ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph
23:02:23 T:6576  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed

Is anyone able to play trailers on youtube using DS? Ed does your personal config work for Yourtube with DS?

The second question now is what type of streaming does NPVR use?
(2014-03-22, 04:23)Saxtus Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 04:02)hentai23 Wrote:

You seem that you missed some posts above:

oh so you think he meant about the xy-vsfilter not being able to scale pgs subs and therefore using libsub for pgs subs , well if thats what he meant then again that would be a half assed solution to the problem , why not let the xy devs know about the issue at hand and therefore removing the need for libsub and thus avoiding having to add a .anime file naming to your animes entirely how bout that Nod, btw ive already let xy team know about this from the little info i was able to gather about this issue , lets see what they have to say i recon they would be the proper people to respond to this issue if im not mistaken
After a couple more tests, it seems like my config above is correct for HTTP streams. I successfully have YouTube playing trailers using DSPlayer.

Now just trying to figure out what kind of stream NPVR is using....
wow thats an actual cool idea using dsplayer to play youtube streams with madvrs upscaling and lav filters, wonder if xy-subfilter renders the subs in a youtube stream , i could imagine a nice quality boost right there, interesting as well is this, arent youtube videos using flash player , since the html5 versions playback and compatibility supposedly sucks compared to flash, btw shouldnt you be going for https instead of http out of security reasons, do let me know if im missing something here , thanks
(2014-03-22, 05:24)hentai23 Wrote: oh so you think he meant about the xy-vsfilter not being able to scale pgs subs and therefore using libsub for pgs subs , well if thats what he meant then again that would be a half assed solution to the problem , why not let the xy devs know about the issue at hand and therefore removing the need for libsub and thus avoiding having to add a .anime file naming to your animes entirely how bout that Nod, btw ive already let xy team know about this from the little info i was able to gather about this issue , lets see what they have to say i recon they would be the proper people to respond to this issue if im not mistaken

It is well-known limitation in xy-vsfilter implementation and xy dev stated this many times before. I believe they're trying to overcome these problems by writing newer filter from scratch (xysubfilter). But it does need something like MadVR as renderer.
ok guys this is the last build with xy-vsfilter support fix

there is still something wrong with enable/disable button in dialog selector, but it's a small things to fix

anyway in the while let me know how work this build with xy-vsfilter

ciauzz
@deh2k7: i am not 100% sure but just in case delete "pvr" from playercorefactory (i think i have done this also). then start livetv and have a look in xbmc log file. there you will see what kind of streaming protocol is used and where is the point dsplayer fails (or post the log file here).
I solved the problem of the button into dialog selector of subtitle then i added the inferface of directvobsub to have a better control of xyvsfilter

in general the integration of xyvsfilter is very clean without touching the subtitlemanager (the internal system of subtitles from DSPlayer)
so if one day we want to completely remove the management of libsubs.dll can be done easily

all links are updated
Thank aracnoz, I'm gonna try it later. Big Grin

-----------

(2014-03-21, 16:40)hoopsdavis Wrote: Can anyone tell me the basic steps to get this working, I installed aracnoz xbmc with dsplayer my videos fail to play, am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance

The configure guide can be found on the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSP...onfiguring

Basically, if you only want to make it work, you can go to Settings > Video > DSPlayer > enable "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)".
This way, it will try to use your default DirectShow filters.

If you want to make custom filter chains, then you have to configure the files filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml.

The filtersconfig.xml contains the name of the filter and the GUID of the filter. Probably there's no need to edit this because I believe all the common codecs are already included.

Now the mediasconfig.xml is the important part, because here you build all the connection between DSPlayer and the filters.
You need to know a little bit of xml editting to understand what go where, but after understanding that, it is not hard.

By default, this is the chain for mkv:

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
      <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

So, basically:
This rule is for the file with the extension: .mkv
Source/Splitter: AVSplitter
Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder (sorry, don't know the link to this codec)
Audio: FFDShow

--

For example, if you want to use LAV Filters for everything on mkv files, just replace the rule for mkv with the following:

Code:
<!-- mkv with lav -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
    </rule>
Where, file extensions to use this settings: mkv
Source: it's "wrong" named as lavfsplitter in the default filtersconfig.xml, but it's the LAV Splitter Source filter.
Splitter: LAV Splitter
Audio: LAV Audio
Video: LAV Video
Subtitle: It will use the xy-vsfilter. If you want to use XBMC internal subtitle filter, just remove this line.

Personally, I like to add the extra filter FFDShow Raw Video Filter, in order to simple upscale the content to 1080p, before applying the subs to it (this way the subtitles gets way more definition).

Since filtersconfig.xml don't have by default the ffdshow raw filter, I added it by using:

Code:
<!-- ffdshow -->
    <filter name="ffdshowrawvideo" type="extra">
      <guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
      <osdname>FFDShow Raw Video</osdname>
    </filter>

And then on mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<!-- mkv with upscale -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <extra>
        <extra filter="ffdshowrawvideo" />
      </extra>
    </rule>

---

It seems a little complicated, but this way you have the full control of what you want to be used on playback.

EDIT:
I was forgetting to say the locations of those xml files.
The default ones, that got overwritten if the XBMC is updated is placed at:
XBMC_DIR\system\players\dsplayer\

And your personal edited files, that will still be unchanged after the updates, should be copied from the default location and placed at (you may need to create the "dsplayer" folder):
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer\

Or, if using XBMC as portable (running with "XBMC.exe -p" command):
XBMC_DIR\portable_data\userdata\dsplayer\
(2014-03-22, 17:11)le__ Wrote: Thank aracnoz, I'm gonna try it later. Big Grin

-----------

(2014-03-21, 16:40)hoopsdavis Wrote: Can anyone tell me the basic steps to get this working, I installed aracnoz xbmc with dsplayer my videos fail to play, am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance

The configure guide can be found on the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSP...onfiguring

Basically, if you only want to make it work, you can go to Settings > Video > DSPlayer > enable "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)".
This way, it will try to use your default DirectShow filters.

If you want to make custom filter chains, then you have to configure the files filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml.

The filtersconfig.xml contains the name of the filter and the GUID of the filter. Probably there's no need to edit this because I believe all the common codecs are already included.

Now the mediasconfig.xml is the important part, because here you build all the connection between DSPlayer and the filters.
You need to know a little bit of xml editting to understand what go where, but after understanding that, it is not hard.

By default, this is the chain for mkv:

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
      <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

So, basically:
This rule is for the file with the extension: .mkv
Source/Splitter: AVSplitter
Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder (sorry, don't know the link to this codec)
Audio: FFDShow

--

For example, if you want to use LAV Filters for everything on mkv files, just replace the rule for mkv with the following:

Code:
<!-- mkv with lav -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
    </rule>
Where, file extensions to use this settings: mkv
Source: it's "wrong" named as lavfsplitter in the default filtersconfig.xml, but it's the LAV Splitter Source filter.
Splitter: LAV Splitter
Audio: LAV Audio
Video: LAV Video
Subtitle: It will use the xy-vsfilter. If you want to use XBMC internal subtitle filter, just remove this line.

Personally, I like to add the extra filter FFDShow Raw Video Filter, in order to simple upscale the content to 1080p, before applying the subs to it (this way the subtitles gets way more definition).

Since filtersconfig.xml don't have by default the ffdshow raw filter, I added it by using:

Code:
<!-- ffdshow -->
    <filter name="ffdshowrawvideo" type="extra">
      <guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
      <osdname>FFDShow Raw Video</osdname>
    </filter>

And then on mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<!-- mkv with upscale -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <extra>
        <extra filter="ffdshowrawvideo" />
      </extra>
    </rule>

---

It seems a little complicated, but this way you have the full control of what you want to be used on playback.

EDIT:
I was forgetting to say the locations of those xml files.
The default ones, that got overwritten if the XBMC is updated is placed at:
XBMC_DIR\system\players\dsplayer\

And your personal edited files, that will still be unchanged after the updates, should be copied from the default location and placed at (you may need to create the "dsplayer" folder):
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer\

Or, if using XBMC as portable (running with "XBMC.exe -p" command):
XBMC_DIR\portable_data\userdata\dsplayer\

Thanks much, this is quite enough for what I'm trying to do. My main goal is to just get .mkv files working with dsplayer and I think you've given me everything I need. Much appreciated. le__, this was well put together and easy to follow, its working great for me.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8