• 51(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2014-03-22, 16:20)aracnoz Wrote: I solved the problem of the button into dialog selector of subtitle then i added the inferface of directvobsub to have a better control of xyvsfilter

in general the integration of xyvsfilter is very clean without touching the subtitlemanager (the internal system of subtitles from DSPlayer)
so if one day we want to completely remove the management of libsubs.dll can be done easily

all links are updated

So, I just tried the new build with xy-vsfilter and it seems to be working good, no more crashing when cycling and it's loading internal and external subtitles as well. Good job!

The only thing is that when playing a file that have both internal and external subtitles.
Using the DVDplayer, or when I was using the xy-vsfilter externally and even the xy-vsfilter on 20140320-875a72a build, the default behavior was to give priority to the external subtitle, but with today's build (20140322-309feef), it seems that the internal subtitle is having priority and I need to manually change to the external one every new file I play.

Thanks!
(2014-03-22, 06:28)oldpoem Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 05:24)hentai23 Wrote: oh so you think he meant about the xy-vsfilter not being able to scale pgs subs and therefore using libsub for pgs subs , well if thats what he meant then again that would be a half assed solution to the problem , why not let the xy devs know about the issue at hand and therefore removing the need for libsub and thus avoiding having to add a .anime file naming to your animes entirely how bout that Nod, btw ive already let xy team know about this from the little info i was able to gather about this issue , lets see what they have to say i recon they would be the proper people to respond to this issue if im not mistaken

It is well-known limitation in xy-vsfilter implementation and xy dev stated this many times before. I believe they're trying to overcome these problems by writing newer filter from scratch (xysubfilter). But it does need something like MadVR as renderer.

(2014-03-22, 11:49)aracnoz Wrote: ok guys this is the last build with xy-vsfilter support fix

there is still something wrong with enable/disable button in dialog selector, but it's a small things to fix

anyway in the while let me know how work this build with xy-vsfilter

ciauzz

thanks ok guys as per inquiry ive started about this over at the xy team thread this is what they had to say

Quote:xy-vsfilter and other VSFilter like renderers are lost cause. Currently either you should use xysubfilter or internal subtitle renderer of MPC-HC (or BE ;p). About scaling PGS, this is rarely needed in fact more common are SD DVB subtitles in HD video. But anyway xysubfilter can handle all things well.

Quote:xy-VSFilter (VSFilter.dll) requires input from a video decoder, renders subtitles directly on the video at original resolution, then outputs the video frames to the video renderer. The main reason VSFilter exists is to essentially hardsub video in realtime. For playback this isn't optimal for quality (usually 4:2:0 YCbCr), but it has superior compatibility from taking special APIs and separate subtitle bitmaps out of the equation. It also can be used in VirtualDub and Avisynth, it you needed to encode a hardsubbed video from some reason.

XySubFilter (XySubFilter.dll) connects directly to a "Subtitle Consumer" using the SubRenderIntf we developed with madshi, and never touches video frames. The subtitles (4:4:4 RGB) are output at the resolution requested by the video renderer as separate bitmaps. This offers the highest quality for playback purposes, but requires explicit support of our subtitle interface. Currently only madVR and MPC-HC (EVR-CP/VMR9) support it. Everywhere else you'd be forced to use some other subtitle filter.

Quote:A couple days ago MPC-BE added support for PGS/DVB scaling in VSFilter.dll, but I haven't looked into it yet.

ive already asked for integration of this feature into the new Xy-SubFilter , so essentially we should upgrade to the better Xy-SubFilter, since where going for best possible quality here and madvr integration anyhow, damn it i knew ive missed something

UPDATE to the above comment

Quote:The lack of PGS/DVB scaling is only a problem when using xy-VSFilter (VSFilter.dll), since it requires the PGS/DVB resolution to match the video resolution.

With XySubFilter this is not a problem, since it never touches video frames. PGS/DVB scaling is instead performed by Subtitle Consumer if needed, which both madVR and MPC-HC (EVR-CP/VMR9) support.

so its already supported !!!!! another reason to make the transition immediately if not the other reasons werent already enough NodNodNodNodNod
(2014-03-22, 20:42)hentai23 Wrote: The lack of PGS/DVB scaling is only a problem when using xy-VSFilter (VSFilter.dll), since it requires the PGS/DVB resolution to match the video resolution.

With XySubFilter this is not a problem, since it never touches video frames. PGS/DVB scaling is instead performed by Subtitle Consumer if needed, which both madVR and MPC-HC (EVR-CP/VMR9) support.

so its already supported !!!!! another reason to make the transition immediately if not the other reasons werent already enough NodNodNodNodNod

As you might already read xysubFilter need specific renderer, loading it in DSplayer now won't work. I tested it.

Probably had to wait MadVR intregation or new modified XBMC EVR from tiben20 before thinking about xysubfilter.
lols , nduh , if youd know who set up the madvr integration request, that was me my friend , nobody cares for EVR unless your running on an atari pc ,lols ,and as posted above this is to be used with the currently worked on integration of madvr into dsplayer xbmc build per tiben20 if youve been following this thread Wink , btw no need to wait logically the work for integrating it can already be started and i think tiben20 even has a somewhat working build with madvr so that could be used for testing
(2014-03-22, 21:51)hentai23 Wrote: lols , nduh , if youd know who set up the madvr integration request, that was me my friend , nobody cares for EVR unless your running on an atari pc ,lols ,and as posted above this is to be used with the currently worked on integration of madvr into dsplayer xbmc build per tiben20 if youve been following this thread Wink , btw no need to wait logically the work for integrating it can already be started and i think tiben20 even has a somewhat working build with madvr so that could be used for testing

I was there when Madshi was involved in integrated MadVR in DSPlayer and saw it went down the drain. So it's nothing new, it certainly good news that tiben20 is back in DSPlayer since noone else interested in implement these features. Eduard was good at keeping DSPlayer alive and integrated IMON but that's probably it.

Actually I think it's more of Tiben20 has some free time and decide to involve again more than anything, my friend. Actually I'm fine with current renderer. Even with MPC-HC I'd say MadVR is not that much improvement over properly ffdshow settings. I'd say subtitles improvement is what I feel lacking in DSPlayer more than anything.
well thats fine , but for people like us that want the best possible playback experience , yes madvr is a must have and youre quite wrong with that statement about madvrs comparison to ffdshow , i hope that was sarcasm if not thats just sad and you clearly havent been using madvr as of late , so enjoy your current renderer then, while

your at it might as well keep on using the current sub renderer as well since you shouldnt be able to notice any improvements as well, lols , while we wait for the real deal , i trust in tiben20 that hell be able to pull it off this time around and cant wait for a stable madvr+ XySubFilter dsplayer xbmc build
I use MadVR all the time albeit in MPC-HC. It's not sarcasm at all if you knew what ffdshow can do especially wih AVISynth involved. But then I guess it might be too complex for many to learn.

I used xysubfilter as well though. But without XBMC GUI. It's just for PC watching and not for Hometheatre experience I'd set for everyone else in my house. Especially XBMC external player screwed up lately.
(2014-03-22, 17:11)le__ Wrote: Thank aracnoz, I'm gonna try it later. Big Grin

-----------

(2014-03-21, 16:40)hoopsdavis Wrote: Can anyone tell me the basic steps to get this working, I installed aracnoz xbmc with dsplayer my videos fail to play, am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance

The configure guide can be found on the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=DSP...onfiguring

Basically, if you only want to make it work, you can go to Settings > Video > DSPlayer > enable "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)".
This way, it will try to use your default DirectShow filters.

If you want to make custom filter chains, then you have to configure the files filtersconfig.xml and mediasconfig.xml.

The filtersconfig.xml contains the name of the filter and the GUID of the filter. Probably there's no need to edit this because I believe all the common codecs are already included.

Now the mediasconfig.xml is the important part, because here you build all the connection between DSPlayer and the filters.
You need to know a little bit of xml editting to understand what go where, but after understanding that, it is not hard.

By default, this is the chain for mkv:

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="avsource" />
      <splitter filter="avsource" />
      <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      <audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
    </rule>

So, basically:
This rule is for the file with the extension: .mkv
Source/Splitter: AVSplitter
Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder (sorry, don't know the link to this codec)
Audio: FFDShow

--

For example, if you want to use LAV Filters for everything on mkv files, just replace the rule for mkv with the following:

Code:
<!-- mkv with lav -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="lavfsplitter" />
      <splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
      <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
      <video filter="lavvideodec" />
      <subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
    </rule>
Where, file extensions to use this settings: mkv
Source: it's "wrong" named as lavfsplitter in the default filtersconfig.xml, but it's the LAV Splitter Source filter.
Splitter: LAV Splitter
Audio: LAV Audio
Video: LAV Video
Subtitle: It will use the xy-vsfilter. If you want to use XBMC internal subtitle filter, just remove this line.

Personally, I like to add the extra filter FFDShow Raw Video Filter, in order to simple upscale the content to 1080p, before applying the subs to it (this way the subtitles gets way more definition).

Since filtersconfig.xml don't have by default the ffdshow raw filter, I added it by using:

Code:
<!-- ffdshow -->
    <filter name="ffdshowrawvideo" type="extra">
      <guid>{0B390488-D80F-4A68-8408-48DC199F0E97}</guid>
      <osdname>FFDShow Raw Video</osdname>
    </filter>

And then on mediasconfig.xml:
Code:
<!-- mkv with upscale -->
    <rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="lavfsplitter" />
      <splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
      <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
      <video filter="lavvideodec" />
      <subs filter="xyvsfilter" />
      <extra>
        <extra filter="ffdshowrawvideo" />
      </extra>
    </rule>

---

It seems a little complicated, but this way you have the full control of what you want to be used on playback.

EDIT:
I was forgetting to say the locations of those xml files.
The default ones, that got overwritten if the XBMC is updated is placed at:
XBMC_DIR\system\players\dsplayer\

And your personal edited files, that will still be unchanged after the updates, should be copied from the default location and placed at (you may need to create the "dsplayer" folder):
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer\

Or, if using XBMC as portable (running with "XBMC.exe -p" command):
XBMC_DIR\portable_data\userdata\dsplayer\

le__, one issue I"ve run into with your settings, it seems to cause my live tv not to play. Is there anything I need to change to remedy this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2014-03-22, 23:22)oldpoem Wrote: I use MadVR all the time albeit in MPC-HC. It's not sarcasm at all if you knew what ffdshow can do especially wih AVISynth involved. But then I guess it might be too complex for many to learn.

I used xysubfilter as well though. But without XBMC GUI. It's just for PC watching and not for Hometheatre experience I'd set for everyone else in my house. Especially XBMC external player screwed up lately.

interesting , too complex you say ey, not so sure thats the issue here tbh since those things can be learned, try me , if you so may instead of just making statements about how superior ffdshow plus avisynth is compared to madvr , id like an example a good one exspecially why your still using ffdshow , lav filters is the new ffdshow , i recon it shouldnt be too much trouble for you since you sound like a smart guy ,

im sure madshi would like to hear about this superior setup compared to madvr as well since if it really is better than madvr im sure madshi would like to add that to madvrs future build or nevcairiel to his lav filters if this hasnt already been done since lav filters is

ffdshow based meaning anything ffdshow can do you can do with lav filters as well per shaders not to mention it supporting Avisynth as well , the rest of the guys would like to hear about this as well i recon since where all missing out on something better apparently the way ive understood , thanks Nod, i personally am currently using madvr+lav filters pack+xysubfilter in potplayer wich is hooked into xbmc as external player until the proper dsplayer build with madvr+xysubfilter gets released
Sorry but it is ffdshow post-processing I was talking about. Not FFDshow as decoder. You are so wrong in suggesting someone would use ffdshow as decoder in windows where LAVFilter is available.

The setup I meant was using EVR as renderer where MadVR is unavailable (In this case XBMC DSplayer for past years), LAV Filters as decoder, FFDShow do the post-processing (Shaders,Resize, NR,Sharpen etc.) would yield a very good result and not that much different someone like you suggest. Also I'm using MPC-HC LAV filters & FFDshow with MadVR + Xysubfilter now on my PC, so I knew my stuff. Using best software available is only half of achieving best playback experience.

Also FFDShow profiles is something you probably wouldn't want to live without.

Search by google, you would find lot of discussion using these setup.

This is a very good start point.

http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc
well thats better already, a proper example , thanks and now i understand what you actually meant by your previous post , and i agree ffdshows post processing shaders are excellent wich can be used without ffdshow ever touching your pc per shader scripts wich can be setup to be used in xbmc , mpchc , potplayer and so on anything that supports lav filters pretty much

btw there is quite a difference very much so if you start going into more detail of how much madvrs NNEDI3 algorithm improves the playback quality compared to EVR with post processing shaders exspecially with image doubling theres been countless

examples over at the official madvr forum, hence why i say it again and perhaps will add this to it , stop trying to embrace outdated renderers such as EVR , if everyone would be like that wed all still be happy with cathode ray tube tvs and vhs tapes Rolleyes,

i understand youre trying to make the best of the current crappy renderer in dsplayer , but the way you put it is that your happy with it and that it doesnt need replacing or that you couldnt care less , wich is very wrong, and only gives the guys that are trying to improve our playback experience the middle finger , i hope you understand where im coming from , anyhow thanks for the interesting link, and what we need isnt just a better sub renderer but a better video renderer as well , wich as i said would be madvr+xysubfilter , just be patient guys itll happen sooner than later and stop denying the truth , protip Wink
(2014-03-22, 18:55)le__ Wrote: So, I just tried the new build with xy-vsfilter and it seems to be working good, no more crashing when cycling and it's loading internal and external subtitles as well. Good job!

The only thing is that when playing a file that have both internal and external subtitles.
Using the DVDplayer, or when I was using the xy-vsfilter externally and even the xy-vsfilter on 20140320-875a72a build, the default behavior was to give priority to the external subtitle, but with today's build (20140322-309feef), it seems that the internal subtitle is having priority and I need to manually change to the external one every new file I play.

Thanks!

now the subtitles priority is: previous selected track, first external track, first internal track
(2014-03-23, 12:51)aracnoz Wrote: now the subtitles priority is: previous selected track, first external track, first internal track
Really thanks, aracnoz! Big Grin

-----

(2014-03-23, 02:58)hoopsdavis Wrote: le__, one issue I"ve run into with your settings, it seems to cause my live tv not to play. Is there anything I need to change to remedy this issue?

Thanks in advance.
I believe is the limitation cited on the first post:
(2013-02-03, 00:42)Roman_V_M Wrote: Known issues/limitations:
- DSplayer has limited network stream support (including streams from PVR TV-backends). This is not exactly its issue, but rather a DirectShow limitation - there is no universal DS source filter which can support various network media streaming formats. As a workaround, you can add the following strings into the <rules> section of your playercorefactory.xml file:
PHP Code:
<!-- DSPlayer rulesset network streams to DVDPlayer -->
<
rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" /> 
to play network streams with XBMC's default DVDplayer.

To use those protocols with the internal XBMC (aka DVDPlayer), you may try this:

Create the file:
%appdata%\XBMC\userdata\playercorefactory.xml

Or, if using XBMC as portable (running with "XBMC.exe -p" command):
XBMC_DIR\portable_data\userdata\playercorefactory.xml

And inside you put:

PHP Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<playercorefactory>
 <rules action="prepend">
   <rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
 </rules>
</playercorefactory> 

Not really tested, but give a try to see if it work.
If it didn't, try to edit directly the file at XBMC_DIR\system\playercorefactory.xml, adding only the following line between the others <rule *something* /> on the file (keeping the same struture).
PHP Code:
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" /> 

There was also some comments on older posts from this thread explaining how to use DirectShow with PVR sources, if I recall right, so if you do not want to use the internal player you may try to find those posts to see if they can help.
Guys, did anyone get any problems with DVXA2 on AMD?
My hardware acceleration is broken in these builds, no matter what i try.
On the Frodo + DSPlayer it works though
Sad
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
@vicmanpergar

see here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1657716
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8