• 52(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Are there any skin dependencies for gotham dsplayer? Confluence works fine with lav/dsplayer/gotham, but MQ5 just says "buffering" in the gui and never loads. Frodo works fine.
(2014-03-23, 19:01)s3verian Wrote: Are there any skin dependencies for gotham dsplayer? Confluence works fine with lav/dsplayer/gotham, but MQ5 just says "buffering" in the gui and never loads. Frodo works fine.

MQ5 works fine here.
(2014-03-23, 18:49)aracnoz Wrote: @vicmanpergar

see here

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1657716

Thanks but not joy.
No matter what i do or how i configure it won't work.
If u have an AMD and u tell me it's working for u with the last build, at least i will know it is my problem and the build has nothing wrong.
It was working with the first Gotham Dsplayer build i downloaded, days ago. I've been updating it each day almost. It's not really a big problem, it works ok on cpu, but i just can't be here knowing there's soemthing wrong (i'm very sttuborn, lol)

Edit: Ok Fixed it, i had to use Maximized Windows instead of real full screen, but this didn't happen before; i have always had real full screen with my HD Radeon... bit odd. But at least it's working

Edit2: Btw, does anybody knows, or know of a place where they explain how to use the calibration patterns included in settings? i'm specially interesting in the black and white circles....
Cheers!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
For those users of FFDRaw extra processing, do you use profiles to change what type of processing is done by FFDShow? I cannot get FFDRaw to select any profile except for the default profile. Can anyone provide some pointers on how to get FFDRaw to select a profile depending on the source material in DSPLayer?

As a second question, does anyone use Avisynth in conjunction with FFDRaw, what scripts and settings are are you using? I'm mostly interested in using FFRaw on material that is not already 1080p. In other words, select a different FFD profile for non 1080 material, or possibly just not use FFRaw at all, as an alternative.

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
(2014-03-23, 09:36)hentai23 Wrote: well thats better already, a proper example , thanks and now i understand what you actually meant by your previous post , and i agree ffdshows post processing shaders are excellent wich can be used without ffdshow ever touching your pc per shader scripts wich can be setup to be used in xbmc , mpchc , potplayer and so on anything that supports lav filters pretty much

btw there is quite a difference very much so if you start going into more detail of how much madvrs NNEDI3 algorithm improves the playback quality compared to EVR with post processing shaders exspecially with image doubling theres been countless

examples over at the official madvr forum, hence why i say it again and perhaps will add this to it , stop trying to embrace outdated renderers such as EVR , if everyone would be like that wed all still be happy with cathode ray tube tvs and vhs tapes Rolleyes,

i understand youre trying to make the best of the current crappy renderer in dsplayer , but the way you put it is that your happy with it and that it doesnt need replacing or that you couldnt care less , wich is very wrong, and only gives the guys that are trying to improve our playback experience the middle finger , i hope you understand where im coming from , anyhow thanks for the interesting link, and what we need isnt just a better sub renderer but a better video renderer as well , wich as i said would be madvr+xysubfilter , just be patient guys itll happen sooner than later and stop denying the truth , protip Wink

Oh and the guy who's trying to incorporate MadVR into DSPlayer was the same guy who incorporated the so called crappy renderer. The way you put it more like giving middle finger to him than mine. I was just appreciated his works, if MadVR intregration see the light,then it's good but if it's not I still appreciate his works on this branch of XBMC and totally can live with it.

I didn't say MadVR isn't great renderer because I'm also using it. But at the end of the day for now it's just for PC watching. I prefer watching large TV from comfortable couch with remote with XBMC GUI over just output your desktop to TV ,using file manager to browser filesand launch MPC-HC fullscreen, MadVR or not. Set up MPC-HC as external player was a compromised method though if you want to get the best of both world but I stopped using it since XBMC changes broke external player handling some times ago,not sure if it fixes now.

(2014-03-23, 21:59)deh2k7 Wrote: For those users of FFDRaw extra processing, do you use profiles to change what type of processing is done by FFDShow? I cannot get FFDRaw to select any profile except for the default profile. Can anyone provide some pointers on how to get FFDRaw to select a profile depending on the source material in DSPLayer?

As a second question, does anyone use Avisynth in conjunction with FFDRaw, what scripts and settings are are you using? I'm mostly interested in using FFRaw on material that is not already 1080p. In other words, select a different FFD profile for non 1080 material, or possibly just not use FFRaw at all, as an alternative.

Any pointers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

2nd time today I posted this link LOL. It's good start to learn about FFDShow profiles / settings based on your source.

http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc/7

Just don't bother with "Use it only with MPC-HC" part.
(2014-03-23, 21:59)deh2k7 Wrote: For those users of FFDRaw extra processing, do you use profiles to change what type of processing is done by FFDShow? I cannot get FFDRaw to select any profile except for the default profile. Can anyone provide some pointers on how to get FFDRaw to select a profile depending on the source material in DSPLayer?

oldpoem's link didn't open here, but the automatic profile selection is working fine here, this is what I did:

Create a new profile with the upscale and enable automatic profile loading.
http://i.imgur.com/59UtU8B.png

Select the upscale profile, click on autoload conditions and fill with your details (in my case I just did a simple resolution verification).
http://i.imgur.com/yfDtkNY.png

Then, when playing the movie it automatically selects the profile, the default with no filter or the upscale one, according to the video resolution.
Image Image Image

Just a note, the profiles used on FFDShow Raw is not the same of the one you configure going to "Start > Programs > ffdshow > Video decoder configuration". To make sure you are setting up the raw filter, play the video with XBMC and then go to the ffdshow tray icon and open the settings from there.
(2014-03-23, 22:48)le__ Wrote:

oldpoem's link didn't open here, but the automatic profile selection is working fine here, this is what I did:

Select the upscale profile, click on autoload conditions and fill with your details (in my case I just did a simple resolution verification).

Then, when playing the movie it automatically selects the profile, the default with no filter or the upscale one, according to the video resolution.
Image Image Image

Just a note, the profiles used on FFDShow Raw is not the same of the one you configure going to "Start > Programs > ffdshow > Video decoder configuration". To make sure you are setting up the raw filter, play the video with XBMC and then go to the ffdshow tray icon and open the settings from there.

I think you just found my problem. I was configuring from the normal FFD GUI. I will try configuring while XBMC is playing and let you know the results. I think is is exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks aracnoz, the Gotham build works really great.

However I have 2 problems:

1. The 3D functionality of Gotham doesn't work with dsplayer (it works fine with dvdplayer).

2. When I use the dsplayer setup for pvr, xbmc crashes when changing channels (this hasn't happened with Frodo build):

Code:
21:49:10 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFile - DSPlayer: Opening: pvr://channels/tv/Alle TV-Kanäle/0.pvr
21:49:10 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: http://xbmc:[email protected]:7522/upnp/channelstream/0.ts
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:49:10 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Successfully loaded file in the splitter/source
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "XyVSFilter Auto" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Deutsch (Deutschland)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Englisch (USA)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CStreamsManager::LoadIAMStreamSelectStreamsInternal Audio stream found : Deutsch (Deutschland)
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CSubtitleManager::Initialize disabled libsubs.dll
21:49:15 T:1692 WARNING: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules DVDPlayer failed to fetch streams details. Using DirectShow ones
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Video" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Audio" to the graph
21:49:15 T:1692  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Successfully creating DS Graph
21:49:15 T:1216  NOTICE: Thread CGraphManagementThread thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:15 T:4008  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080@ 50.00 - Full Screen (16)
21:49:15 T:4008 WARNING: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - queue size too small (2, 0, 0)
21:49:19 T:820  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
21:49:34 T:1164  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 2 times.
21:49:34 T:1164  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - DSPlayer: Opening: http://xbmc:[email protected]:7522/upnp/channelstream/1.ts
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Thread CDSPlayer thread start, auto delete: false
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CDSPlayer::Process - Creating DS Graph
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/filtersconfig.xml (filters configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://profile/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Loading filter core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/players/dsplayer/mediasconfig.xml (medias configuration).
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: Successfully loaded rules
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertAudioRenderer Successfully added "" to the graph
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: CDSPlayer::OpenFileInternal - Exception thrown on open
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::FrameMove() : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x01179bfd
21:49:35 T:3512  NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "LAV Source" to the graph
21:49:35 T:1164   ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::FrameMove() : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x01179bfd
21:49:37 T:1164   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
21:49:37 T:1164   ERROR: CApplication::FrameMove(), too many exceptions

If you need more information on any of the above issues, please let me know.
Quote:Oh and the guy who's trying to incorporate MadVR into DSPlayer was the same guy who incorporated the so called crappy renderer. The way you put it more like giving middle finger to him than mine. I was just appreciated his works, if MadVR intregration see the light,then it's good but if it's not I still appreciate his works on this branch of XBMC and totally can live with it.

I didn't say MadVR isn't great renderer because I'm also using it. But at the end of the day for now it's just for PC watching. I prefer watching large TV from comfortable couch with remote with XBMC GUI over just output your desktop to TV ,using file manager to browser filesand launch MPC-HC fullscreen, MadVR or not. Set up MPC-HC as external player was a compromised method though if you want to get the best of both world but I stopped using it since XBMC changes broke external player handling some times ago,not sure if it fixes now.

well i too prefer using xbmc on my tv while sitting on the couch and relaxing , btw madvr is still usable with xbmc and has been for the last 5 releases of xbmc, maybe not internally as of currently but perfectly fine with an proper external player hooked in i personally use potplayer with madvr+lav filters+xysubfilter and shader scripts as of currently and have zero issues, so your doing something wrong , no need for EVR ..ever ! , lols , sure tiben20 might have integrated EVR support into dsplayer builds but thats only cause madvr wasnt on his radar at that time thats all , so no im not giving him the middle finger for doing so since it wasnt exactly something he planned on back then i asume Rolleyes
(2014-03-23, 22:48)le__ Wrote:

Image Image Image

You helped me find my issue. I was using the wrong FFShow settings dialog. I am able to select my profiles correctly now. How did you get the overlay to tell you the input/output resolution so that I can verify if everything is working right? The normal view codec menu ('o') only shows me the fileters loaded and the original input resolution.
(2014-03-23, 21:14)vicmanpergar Wrote: Edit: Ok Fixed it, i had to use Maximized Windows instead of real full screen, but this didn't happen before; i have always had real full screen with my HD Radeon... bit odd. But at least it's working

i've checked frodo 12.3 dsplayer build and there's the same problem :\

not hw acceleration with real full screen

i think that on this tiben20 has more chances than me of figure out the problem

Slurm Wrote:1. The 3D functionality of Gotham doesn't work with dsplayer (it works fine with dvdplayer).

2. When I use the dsplayer setup for pvr, xbmc crashes when changing channels (this hasn't happened with Frodo build):

the 3d functionality doesn't supported for now by dsplayer

for the problem with pvr, i never tryed yet, but i'm sure that we can fix this

but now I want to take a few days off, my brain is on fire

I do not know if there is someone on the forum from Naples (italy), but in my city in such cases we say

"sto azzeccann e pont"

Smile

ciauz

night all
(2014-03-23, 23:39)hentai23 Wrote: well i too prefer using xbmc on my tv while sitting on the couch and relaxing , btw madvr is still usable with xbmc and has been for the last 5 releases of xbmc, maybe not internally as of currently but perfectly fine with an proper external player hooked in i personally use potplayer with madvr+lav filters+xysubfilter and shader scripts as of currently and have zero issues, so your doing something wrong , no need for EVR ..ever ! , lols , sure tiben20 might have integrated EVR support into dsplayer builds but thats only cause madvr wasnt on his radar at that time thats all , so no im not giving him the middle finger for doing so since it wasnt exactly something he planned on back then i asume Rolleyes

It was broken when they introduced AudioEngine. XBMC didn't release audio device back to external player. Didn't bother to comeback to external player route since. It's good to hear them fixed the issue.

IIRC MadVR intregration was one of (if not major) reason tiben20 abandon DSPlayer development back then. He (with help of Madshi) tried to submit MadVR patch into XBMC main line and got reject by XBMC team. After that DSPlayer went on hiatus and Eduard picked it up and maintained DSPlayer to keep up with Main branch.
(2014-03-24, 00:27)deh2k7 Wrote: You helped me find my issue. I was using the wrong FFShow settings dialog. I am able to select my profiles correctly now. How did you get the overlay to tell you the input/output resolution so that I can verify if everything is working right? The normal view codec menu ('o') only shows me the fileters loaded and the original input resolution.

I used the OSD filter on ffdshow, it allows to show those (and a lot other) specs of the playback.
@oldpoem and @hentai23

i made a symbolic gesture

i've created a new branch with tiben20's madvr code taken from here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1642662

applied to latest gotham dsplayer build

but this it's a job for tiben20, only he can fix and make it work

https://github.com/aracnoz/xbmc/tree/Got...ayer_madVR
(2014-03-24, 01:02)le__ Wrote:
(2014-03-24, 00:27)deh2k7 Wrote: You helped me find my issue. I was using the wrong FFShow settings dialog. I am able to select my profiles correctly now. How did you get the overlay to tell you the input/output resolution so that I can verify if everything is working right? The normal view codec menu ('o') only shows me the fileters loaded and the original input resolution.

I used the OSD filter on ffdshow, it allows to show those (and a lot other) specs of the playback.

Thanks for the tips! This helped me solve my configuration issues.

For those just getting started with FFDShow RAW filters, and various settings, this is a great link to get you started. Just don't make my mistake - trying to configure FFDSHow RAW without a video in XBMC already playing and working from THAT dialog.

http://www.ezoden.com/684/tutorial-htpc
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8