• 62(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
@warner - don't think <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime> works as expected - StinDaWg's been beating the drum on that one for some time.
Has the imon display function been removed from the Gotham build? There's no "enable lcd" option and I don't get any file or time info on my display.
(2014-07-08, 12:27)steelman1991 Wrote: @warner - don't think <playcountminimumtime>1140</playcountminimumtime> works as expected - StinDaWg's been beating the drum on that one for some time.

The minimum play time works as intended. I have tested it.

I came to this thread looking for a solution to my audio sync problems. How does DS Player with Reclock compare to MPC-HC? I presume they are both launched as external players but DS Player maintains the XBMC OSD?

How difficult is DS Player to set-up?

Can I use the same Playercorefactory file to ensure Internet streams remain the domain of DVD Player while all other videos are handled by DS Player?
DsPlayer is not external. It works within XBMC as DVDPlayer does. ReClock is configured as a filter, through its own controller, and then selected as a sound driver within XBMC.
Not gonna lie, it is not as easy as the oficial build, u need a lil reading, though in theory is not so complicated. Plus, the quality is worth it. At least in my opinion.
And yes, u can continue using the rules u prefer for xbmc and the different players.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2014-07-08, 23:50)vicmanpergar Wrote: DsPlayer is not external. It works within XBMC as DVDPlayer does. ReClock is configured as a filter, through its own controller, and then selected as a sound driver within XBMC

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Are you saying the official build is different from the version you are using or simply more complicated than simple plug-and-play?
(2014-07-08, 23:54)Warner306 Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 23:50)vicmanpergar Wrote: DsPlayer is not external. It works within XBMC as DVDPlayer does. ReClock is configured as a filter, through its own controller, and then selected as a sound driver within XBMC

I see. Is it possible for DVD to be configured to play Internet streams? It already does this very well.

Yep. I would recommend u to read the first post or some guide, the theory is easy. U will need ur fav. Filters, I use LAV filters, a spliter, I use Av splitter, and a correct configuration of the two xml files u will need to master. Easiest way is installing lav, installing avsplitter, and copy the mediasconfig.xml and the other xml from someone who has it already up and running. Even then, u can learn that u can use other filters, for example, ffdshow.

(2014-07-08, 23:54)Warner306 Wrote:

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Are you saying the official build is different from the version you are using or simply more complicated than simple plug-and-play?

Yes, more or less. U have DVDPlayer also, but configuring the DSPlayer is not just out of the box and play.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
I did some basic reading and found some starter files to work with. Is there any advantage to using a/v splitter over LAV splitter? Also, what is used for a video renderer within XBMC? What do I choose? As for audio, after enabling support within Reclock, I should be able to find it within the options in XBMC, correct?
(2014-07-09, 00:53)Warner306 Wrote: I did some basic reading and found some starter files to work with. Is there any advantage to using a/v splitter over LAV splitter? Also, what is used for a video renderer within XBMC? What do I choose? As for audio, after enabling support within Reclock, I should be able to find it within the options in XBMC, correct?

Last options implemented by our russian friends (basically to choose different titles from a bluray) only work with AvSplitter. But u can use others if u prefer.
About ReClock yes. It should be over hardware settings, audio. Pay atention u have a DSplayer option in the video settings. I would attach some screenshots but I am at work.

P.d. btw, search for the user aracnoz posts ago, the last xbmc + DSPlayer 13.1 with installer is under his sign on his posts
HTPC
(2014-07-08, 22:52)Warner306 Wrote: The minimum play time works as intended. I have tested it
It doesn't work for me 99% of the time. It will mark videos as watched after viewing them for only seconds.
(2014-07-10, 18:33)StinDaWg Wrote:
(2014-07-08, 22:52)Warner306 Wrote: The minimum play time works as intended. I have tested it
It doesn't work for me 99% of the time. It will mark videos as watched after viewing them for only seconds.

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong; I have mine set to 1140 seconds or 19 minutes and it never marks anything as watched if viewed for a few minutes at a time. Perhaps your syntax is wrong, or you have placed the rule in the wrong order. You should review the playercorefactory file I posted a page earlier.

I tried DS Player and had it crashed on a black screen a few times and went back to MPC-HC. Perhaps I'm using the wrong version of AV Splitter, as the troublesome files are 1080P blu-ray rips. I'm not totally satisfied with MPC-HC. It's almost seemless, but not quite, and the lack of OSD options beyond Remaining Time are annoying. But I still get the best audio/video experience with this combination.
I'm not doing anything wrong. It doesn't work since I first tried it years ago. It's wildly inconsistent.

Hit play, watch video for 5 seconds, hit stop on remote, back out to XBMC, marked as watched more often than not.
i've updated the link in my signature with xbmc 13.2 beta1

p.s.

it seems that Eduard has returned to work on xbmc, maybe Roman_V_M can keep you informed on the progress as before

I do not have time to develop new features and do not want to mess with different versions of DSPlayer, I think it is better to have only one project and Eduard can definitely spend more time than me on DSPlayer and your requests

my only regret is to see lost the job on the subtitles, which I think is very good

ciauz
Is it possible to play mp3 files in XBMC using ffdshow audio decoder with DSPlayer ? Please somebody answer this.If possible how can I do it ?
(2014-07-12, 08:33)aracnoz Wrote: i've updated the link in my signature with xbmc 13.2 beta1

p.s.

it seems that Eduard has returned to work on xbmc, maybe Roman_V_M can keep you informed on the progress as before

I do not have time to develop new features and do not want to mess with different versions of DSPlayer, I think it is better to have only one project and Eduard can definitely spend more time than me on DSPlayer and your requests

my only regret is to see lost the job on the subtitles, which I think is very good

ciauz

Thanks aracnoz, agree with u on that whoever does it, hope we will have DSPlayer for still a long time.
HTPC
(2014-07-12, 08:33)aracnoz Wrote: i've updated the link in my signature with xbmc 13.2 beta1

p.s.

ciauz

Thanks buddy.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8