DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I am new to DS Player and thought I'd post a "Starter Kit" for those piecing through Google searches and various threads in search of up-to-date files necessary to get DS Player operating. These .xml files can be hard to find. My "Starter Kit" includes the following:

1. XBMC Gotham 13.2 DS Player installer
  2. mediasconfig.xml
  3. filtersconfig.xml
Download the Starter Kit: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LAr9I...sp=sharing

The installer is necessary to integrate DS Player into the XBMC gui. The magic comes from the two attached .xml files. filtersconfig.xml is a master list of the all filters, splitters and decoders available to the player. While mediasconfig.xml provides instructions on what filters, decoders and splitters are used when certain file types are played. Using DS Player can be as easy as that.

The starter .xml files have been pre-configured to leverage LAV Filters and AV Splitter for all media types. Feel free to edit and substitute your own filters and splitters as desired. AV Splitter is necessary for full chapter support with .mkv files. Otherwise, LAV Filters should suffice in most other situations.

Instructions:
  1. Run the XBMC installer to overwrite existing copies of XBMC on your system and replace with the integrated DS Player.
  2. Install LAV Filters: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191
  3. Install AV Splitter: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AV-Splitter
  4. Launch LAV Video and LAV Audio from the Start Menu and configure to your personal hardware.
  5. Place the completed mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml in the following location: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\dsplayer. Overwrite and replace the default files.
DS Player can be configured from XBMC gui (System>>Video>>DS Player). Ensure "Use system filters (DirectShow merits)" is unchecked to leverage the customized mediasconfig.xml. To confirm the correct filters are being loaded during playback, press O while playing any video file.

Adding Shaders:

Custom shaders can also be added to the rendering pipeline to further enhance video quality. These shaders must be identified in mediasconfig.xml. The list of available shaders is defined in shaders.xml located at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer\Shaders. Activating a shader is as easy as referencing its "id" in mediasconfig:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<shaders>
<shader id="18" />
<shader id="4" />
</shaders>
<source filter="lavsource" />
<splitter filter="avsplitter" />
<video filter="lavvideo" />
<audio filter="lavaudio" />
</rule>

The above rule states that all mkv files will be rendered using shaders "18" and "4", which correlates to "Sharpen complex 2" and "Denoise" (this is my preferred set-up). To add shaders to other file types, simply repeat this format for each file type. Custom shaders can also be added to the default group by saving any shader file with the extension .psh and declaring it in shaders.xml.

playercorefactory:

If you are having trouble using DS Player with video add-ons containing Internet streams, considering adding the following playercorefactory.xml file to the userdata folder:

<playercorefactory>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="DSPlayer">
<rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rule>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

This rule ensures all Internet video is played with the default DVD Player.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available - by Warner306 - 2014-08-01, 00:33
HELP!!! - by takiyon - 2014-12-28, 16:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8