• 73(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
I'm in a bit of a bind. I just purchased PlayOn+PlayLater. Both services are working fine, but I think I have conflicting arguments in my playercorefactory.

-DSPlayer is set as the default in the GUI
-PlayOn streams are apparently in MPEG2, but my mediasconfig and playercorefactory seem to bypass the rules I have in place for MPEG2.

In my playercorefactory, I have the following rules in place:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="streams" internetstreams="true" player="DVDPlayer" />
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC|PotPlayer|KMPlayer|WinDVDPro|PowerDVD" />
</rules>

I don't have any defined rules for my external players since I am still playing around with them to see which one I like the best. I can open any of the 5 with the context menu no problem. My dilemma is that the something seems to be overriding my "streams" rule which causes playback to fail even though DVDPlayer shows as the default player when I hover over a a video or stream from PlayOn.

Here's my mediasconfig:
Code:
<mediasconfig>
  <rules>
   <rule filetypes="mkv|avi|mp4|h264|mpeg|mpeg2|mpeg4|daap|strm|m4v|flv|ts|mts|m2ts">
    <source filter="lavfsplitter" />
    <splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
    <video filter="lavvideodec" />  
    <audio filter="lavaudiodec" />
    <extra>
     <extra filter="ffdraw" />
    </extra>
  </rule>
  <rule filetypes="bdmv|mpls">
   <source filter="avsource" />
   <splitter filter="avsplitter" />
   <extra>
   </extra>
   </rule>
   <rule protocols="http|https|pvr|rstp|rtmp|rtmpe">
    <splitter filter="lavf_splitter" />
   </rule>
<!-- New rule for preferred streaming source filter -->  
    <rule url="true" filetypes=".*">
     <source filter="lavfsplitter" />
    </rule>
  </rules>
</mediasconfig>

It works perfectly for everything besides internet videos. When browsing my library, videos default to the DS player and there are no problems.

EDIT: I tried <rule PlayOn="true" player="DVDPlayer" /> but that set the DVDPlayer as a default for everything. The goal is to just be able to press play.

EDIT 2: Changed up my rules:
Code:
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="MPC-HC|PotPlayer|KMPlayer|WinDVDPro|PowerDVD" />
<rule name="library" filetypes="*.strm" player="DSPlayer" />
<rule name="streams" protocols="daap|mpeg|mpeg2|h264|x264|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer" />
</rules>

Now, everything plays with DSPlayer and will fall back to the DVDPlayer in the rare instance that I play a filetype that isnt covered in my mediasconfig.
I just installed my new HTPC in the TV bench, but I am having an issue with DSPlayer not doing anything when I select a movie or other video file in Kodi. This is really weird because it worked previously, so I uninstalled Kodi and everything related to it, then reinstalled Kodi with DSPlayer.

Still no luck, whenever I click a movie Kodi just freezes for like 1/10th of a second, like its trying to start the movie, but then continues on like nothing happens (I can see the RSS feed stuttering). I tried dowloading Helix without DSPlayer, and it runs perfectly, finding my movies and playing them.

Any ideas what I can do to get DSPlayer to run?
I am running Windows 8.1 on a AMD Kaveri A8-7600 CPU with integrated graphics.
@oldpoem, @Bjur

I managed to fix the download of subtitles while using dsplayer

with internal libsubs it work like with the previous versions of dsplayer

with xyvsfilter everything it's a little more complicated, xyvsfilter has a strange behavior when loading external subtitles manually, I don't want to change too much the way it communicates with DSPlayer because we know that now it's all okay, but I tried to add the ability to download the subtitles

so now when we download an external subtitle with a service (like opensubtitles etc etc) xyvsfilter unload all external subtitles previously loaded and there will be avaiable only the subtitle downloaded

@vicmanpergar

with Helix it's changed the method to put the button and the sliders in video osd, initially i've skipped this thing to complete the work more quickly then I completely forgot this aspect
i've fixed this too

@PAV2

i've added extra info for audio menu in dsplayer

i've made an exe to try, if everything it's ok i can add this bugfix to the next rls

ciauz
Aracnoz, thanks for the fix!

BTW Fernetmenta just fixed refresh rate problem. Could you add his patch to dsplayer it might helps people who experience that symtoms on DSPlayer.

More info at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217187
Well, my fix didn't work in the way I thought. I may have to revert back to the default player if I can't create a rule for PlayOn live streams in my player core factory.

I want to use the DSplayer for .strm files and use the DVDPlayer for everything PlayOn related.

"internetstream" seems to break any rules I have in place. Either everything plays with the DVDPlayer or PlayOn still gets left out.
@aracnoz
Thanks, that's all i needed to know, cos i was a bit lost, lol
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
@aracnoz: thanks for your effort again very appreciated Smile I tried the exe plus language file but I'm having problems. Tried 2 sd episodes and 1 just froze with audio playing and one played with normal audio but video fast forwarded'ich when playing. When I took the original exe back I didn't have any problems Sad
(2015-02-10, 21:37)Bjur Wrote: @aracnoz: thanks for your effort again very appreciated Smile I tried the exe plus language file but I'm having problems. Tried 2 sd episodes and 1 just froze with audio playing and one played with normal audio but video fast forwarded'ich when playing. When I took the original exe back I didn't have any problems Sad

Me too.
But In my environment(AMD), occur in the same way, even the original EXE.

@aracnoz ,thanks: in addition

A thumbnail is not displayed when a bookmark is created.
Is it a bug?
I wish I could solve the problem of accelerated video

but it never happens to me then I would not know where to look

anyway I made two exe to try

the first is always based on 14.1 kodi

the second is based on kodi 15.0 alpha 1

@999unreal
there it's no support for thumbnail for the bookmark

ciauz
@aracnoz

Regarding the DS filters from the video playing menu, after a fast check (tried with 3 movies), it's working nicely, thanks a lot.
About the other problems, even having an AMD myself, I don't experience any acceleration in video. I must say i still use the external filter ReClock, just to fine tune the Vertical Sync, and i have it deactivated within Kodi. But this is my special case and works fine in my side.
Cheers!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
(2015-02-09, 23:56)Cinder Wrote: I just installed my new HTPC in the TV bench, but I am having an issue with DSPlayer not doing anything when I select a movie or other video file in Kodi. This is really weird because it worked previously, so I uninstalled Kodi and everything related to it, then reinstalled Kodi with DSPlayer.

Still no luck, whenever I click a movie Kodi just freezes for like 1/10th of a second, like its trying to start the movie, but then continues on like nothing happens (I can see the RSS feed stuttering). I tried dowloading Helix without DSPlayer, and it runs perfectly, finding my movies and playing them.

I have the exact same problem with exactly the same setup, Windows 8.1 on a AMD Kaveri A8-7600 CPU with integrated R7 graphics I bought a couple of weeks ago (I just updated the AMD drivers). The Kodi DVD player plays the movies just fine (DXVA2 disabled) but the DSPlayer will not work ... says "buffering' for a second and then nothing happens, no frame-rate switching, nothing ... just remains on the movies list. Downloaded the Kodi+DSPlay installer Wednesday from Aracnoz's GitHub and followed all the instructions from Warner 306 on post #1067. However, I notice the 'dsplayer' folder was not created after installing Kodi and had to create one manually to copy the xml files. The DSPlayer menu was available in Kodi and I configured it as per the instructions, a 'shaders' xml was automatically created by Kodi and stored in the dsplayer folder I created in userdata (not in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer" as indicated by Warner 306Huh). But unable to play any moviesHuh Will check the log file over the week-end and start Debug if required to see if I can understand what went wrong.
(2015-02-13, 01:15)LeKodeur Wrote:
(2015-02-09, 23:56)Cinder Wrote: I just installed my new HTPC in the TV bench, but I am having an issue with DSPlayer not doing anything when I select a movie or other video file in Kodi. This is really weird because it worked previously, so I uninstalled Kodi and everything related to it, then reinstalled Kodi with DSPlayer.

I have the exact same problem with exactly the same setup, Windows 8.1 on a AMD Kaveri A8-7600 CPU with integrated R7 graphics I bought a couple of weeks ago (I just updated the AMD drivers). The Kodi DVD player plays the movies just fine (DXVA2 disabled) but the DSPlayer will not work ... says "buffering' for a second and then nothing happens, no frame-rate switching, nothing ... just remains on the movies list. Downloaded the Kodi+DSPlay installer Wednesday from Aracnoz's GitHub and followed all the instructions from Warner 306 on post #1067. However, I notice the 'dsplayer' folder was not created after installing Kodi and had to create one manually to copy the xml files. The DSPlayer menu was available in Kodi and I configured it as per the instructions, a 'shaders' xml was automatically created by Kodi and stored in the dsplayer folder I created in userdata (not in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\players\dsplayer" as indicated by Warner 306Huh). But unable to play any moviesHuh Will check the log file over the week-end and start Debug if required to see if I can understand what went wrong.

My problem is solved, and was a problem of not realizing that my filtesconfig and mediasconfig files were overwritten at some point, and defaulted to nothing. DSPlayer works fine for me now, but Kodi crashes a lot, the current release is really not stable at all and crashes often at the end of video playback and when exiting Kodi. I'm guessing this is part of the webserver bug that I read about, which is being fixed.
Thanks for the update Cinder ... OK well that's not the issue with me ... I think it is time I consider shifting over to Ubuntu, seems a much more stable alternative :-)
Ok, I'm currently having *a lot* of issues with Kodi DSPlayer, some of these might be Kodi related in general, and maybe some are skin related , but I thought I'd drop this list in here anyway, and hopefully someone can point me to some fixes.
  • Subtitles do not show on my HTPC even if I successfully download them, and even browse to them and select them via the OSD.
  • Kodi consistently crashes on end of playback, either by reaching the end of the file, or by pressing "stop".
  • Kodi crashes almost every time when I exit through the main menu.

I think there are some more things I dont come to think of right now, but these are frustrating enough to say the least.
Anyone know how far off a properly stable release of Kodi is? This version is extremely broken in my experience.

My setup is:

AMD A8-7600
Kodi Helix 14.1 DSPlayer with XBMC Mania skin
SVP running on DSPlayer
Windows 8.1
@Cinder

As info for u to contrast
Intel quad Q9300, AMD hd 7700 series
Kodi Helix 14.1 + DSPlayer (with latest exe from aracnoz) + Aeon Shednox Helix (very similar to the skin u're using)
Windows 7 x64

No problems as far. I can't say about subs, cos i only use subs contained in the movie ( i don't download them separately).

This leads me to think the problem is in ur system, nor the skin or the build.
HTPC
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8