• 74(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-02-14, 00:43)vicmanpergar Wrote: @Cinder

As info for u to contrast
Intel quad Q9300, AMD hd 7700 series
Kodi Helix 14.1 + DSPlayer (with latest exe from aracnoz) + Aeon Shednox Helix (very similar to the skin u're using)
Windows 7 x64

No problems as far. I can't say about subs, cos i only use subs contained in the movie ( i don't download them separately).

This leads me to think the problem is in ur system, nor the skin or the build.

I beg to differ as I have another system that has the exact same issues (apart from the subtitles that work.. I'm looking into that):

Intel i7 3770K
2x GTX 670 (SLI)
Kodi Helix 14.1 with DSPLayer
Aeon Nox XBMC Mania
Windows 8.1

Where can I get the latest exe, and does it contain updates that are not implemented in the installer yet?
Cinder : is is specific type of movies or all of them. I have also a8-7600 kodi 14.1 Dsplayer but don't have crashes at the end but this is using standard skin. However I have subtitle issues with not displaying them after download. I tried aracnoz second latest exe but it was stable for me. He has released a new exe with subtitle fix I don't know if it is more stable than second latest.
@Cinder

Can't help with the subs, but, about the crashes, u should enable debugging, and do the things u do usually on Kodi, and when it crashes,take a look to the log to locate the possible reasons, or even upload it to pastebin.com and put the link here so ppl can help.
U can also take a look here, though no idea if the case is applicable to u
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148407&page=3
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-02-14, 08:24)Bjur Wrote: Cinder : is is specific type of movies or all of them. I have also a8-7600 kodi 14.1 Dsplayer but don't have crashes at the end but this is using standard skin. However I have subtitle issues with not displaying them after download. I tried aracnoz second latest exe but it was stable for me. He has released a new exe with subtitle fix I don't know if it is more stable than second latest.

I have crashes on both movies and tv series, it seems to crash like 80% of the time, sometimes I get lucky and can press 'stop' and get back to the menus. Where do I get the latest exe, is it the one in aracnoz' signature?

(2015-02-14, 09:47)vicmanpergar Wrote: @Cinder

Can't help with the subs, but, about the crashes, u should enable debugging, and do the things u do usually on Kodi, and when it crashes,take a look to the log to locate the possible reasons, or even upload it to pastebin.com and put the link here so ppl can help.
U can also take a look here, though no idea if the case is applicable to u
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148407&page=3

Here's the link to my log after I crashed it by stopping a video. I also have had Kodi instantly crash on startup, but I dont know if the log shows that.
http://pastebin.com/ZJirMhDB

I looked at the link and changed the Shutdown function to "Minimize", this doesn't crash Kodi when "shutting down", but how do I actually exit Kodi if all I can do is minimize, suspend or shut down the computer? Sometimes I might just want to get back to the desktop and not have Kodi using up resources.

I thought I might mention that all my media is on a NAS, I guess that might be a factor as well.
Look some posts back, he linked those exes there
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
i'm working on this, I always hated to configure dsplayer manually Smile

everything work with the original mediasconfig.xml placed in userdata folder

plus a mix of the two filtersconfig.xml, in this way we can utilize both method to configure dsplayer

gui or xml
That's just plain awesome dude! Community thanks you once again!
@aracnoz

I always thought about that possibility, though always believed it was very difficult to implement as well. But if u make it, u will save work to lotta dudes, buddy
My kudos for ya.
HTPC
Huge thumbs up - that would be a tremendous step forward for the branch - well done.
(2015-02-16, 04:24)aracnoz Wrote: i'm working on this, I always hated to configure dsplayer manually Smile

everything work with the original mediasconfig.xml placed in userdata folder

plus a mix of the two filtersconfig.xml, in this way we can utilize both method to configure dsplayer

gui or xml

OMG that's awesome. I hope I get a chance to use it. I say this because I am getting ready to set up Kodi in every room in my house VIA Android TV boxes. Since those can't run DSPlayer, I was wondering if that would conflict would MySQL database sharing since my NAS/ living room HTPC is running your latest DSPlayer. I know that they are both 14.1, but if anything about your modified version changes internal build numbers then MySQL won't work. Hopefully, you can clear this up for me.
I finished the job, now we have to test it
so please backup your filtersconfig.xml and mediaseconfig.xml

DSPlayer will continue to work with mediasconfig.xml and filtersconfig.xml
the difference is that now we can configure these files directly from KODI that recognizes existing files

This is the menu of DSPlayer

in DSPlayer Media Rules we can add and change the rules of the userdata file mediasconfig.xml

the menu lists the existent rules, if the name it's set will be displayed otherwise the rule it's identified with the attributes used (filetype, filename, etc. etc.)

if you click on an existing rule we will have the ability to change all values.
with the setting "[null]" the attribute is ignored. When you click on the button of the filters, you open the filter list that it's created by the userdata file filtersconfig.xml plus the file filtersconfig.xml from the home folder of Kodi, the duplications will be considered only once.

we can set up to 3 extra filters and 3 shaders (I think they are enough)

if we are creating a new rule we have to click on "add rule" to store the rule

if we are modifying an existing rule we will have the option to save changes or delete the rule.

in DSPlayer Filters List we can add or edit a filter from the userdata file filtersconfig.xml

when you modify or add a new filter, you can utilize the filter list of the directshow system

when you select a filter, it will automatically add the guid value

the exeonly file Wink
(2015-02-17, 17:52)aracnoz Wrote: the exeonly file Wink

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2gq60w...xeonly.rar

Thanks a lot aracnoz!

Just to be clear: the setup doesn't work if there are no filtersconfig.xml and mediaseconfig.xml; could they be empty as a starting point?

Cheers and thanks again!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
if there are no file it will be created when you add a rule or a filter

all editing has effect in userdata folder, the files that are in the home folder of the Kodi will remain untouched

i made everything in a way that a new user of Kodi in DSPlayer version can completely ignore the existence of these files
(2015-02-17, 18:16)aracnoz Wrote: if there are no file it will be created when you add a rule or a filter

all editing has effect in userdata folder, the files that are in the home folder of the Kodi will remain untouched

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer!

If you need an italian translation for the final release...please just ask... Wink I saw that there is a Helix 14.2 on the road...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8