• 78(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
Thanks for effort aracnoz. So without Madshi himself helping out DSplayer/MadVR probably won't see the light of the day.
(2015-03-11, 05:33)oldpoem Wrote: Thanks for effort aracnoz. So without Madshi himself helping out DSplayer/MadVR probably won't see the light of the day.

For those who are mad about madVR, you can still do with Kodi, albeit with a bit of a hack. I've been living with an external player for over a year and don't find it that bad at all with a good remote.

There is a two-three hour tutorial on how to get it all working here: HOW TO - Launch MPC-HC/MPC-BE with madVR as an External Player.

I happen to be the guy who started the guide, of course.

Here is a quick video clip of what madVR looks like when inserted into Kodi using current methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2OEyevsIM.
@Warner306

Yes, thanks for ur input mate, but that's something we almost all probably know, what we want is both things, u know buddy. The cool Kodi gui and the fantastic madVR working together. The best of all worlds.
This has been an old (for years now) wish of a lot of us. But each time someone started the development finished sooner or later this same way.
So nowadays i guess it will be impossible, we will need to meet our needs with what we have, DSPlayer and Lav Filters (and it is not bad at all), and as u said, have the external player as that "extra" power for when we need or want.
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
@Warner306

Yes. But it's all well known for most here I think. Thanks for guide for someone who just come to know this little branch of Kodi.
(2015-03-11, 14:24)oldpoem Wrote: @Warner306

Yes. But it's all well known for most here I think. Thanks for guide for someone who just come to know this little branch of Kodi.

Yes, I know most people have already developed a preference in players. But I'm surprised more people aren't using madVR via an external player if they have the graphics card to make it worthwhile. I think the picture quality upgrade is worth the small step back in features.

I presumed most people using DS Player are doing so for the upgrade in picture quality. So I was merely presenting another option to those who don't know this possible and to those who couldn't get the integration between the two interfaces quite right.

If you prefer DS Player and see it as upgrade to DVDPlayer, I am not going to argue with your preference.
While i agree with u about the picture quality improvement using madVR, it is not a huge one compared to a well calibrated system with Lav Filters, and i can have that in Kodi without losing the gui (anyway, most ppl using DSPlayer have also external players configured and ready to go, just think that ppl using these builds are used to deal with configurations, trial and errors, etc...).
So at the end, the point depends on the viewer. For me Lav Filters are not as different. OF COURSE i would love madVR within Kodi. But i can tell u my DSPLayer system is top picture quality! Smile
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
I had potplayer set as External Player with Madvr as renderer. But I still prefer DSPlayer / LavFilters with FFDshow RAW for resizing / postprocessing.

With good tuning it gives very good picture quality. Not much different with Potplayer/lavfilters/MadVr. For me the tradeoff is not worth it. So basically I used DSPlayer as main player and potplayer as just option.
madVR has just fallen ... there is a winner his name is aracnoz Smile

there are a million of things to do but the gui problem it's behind now

i have to figure out how set aspect ratio because madvr fill entire device, i've to ask to something on doom9 i suppose, i read that there is some bug in madvr with their flags

then i would to do a great job to integrate all madvr's menus in kodi to set everything during playback

and now after 3 4 days of deep study let free with a scream in my language the "NAPOLETANO"

"AFAMMOCC CE L'AGG FATT: D"

ciauz belli
Sprinkle some of that Angel dust on this man Angel
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
Thank you for all of your efforts! To gain your wizard powers is it python that I need to study?
ok just for fun i have build an exe

obviously it's not finished at all, it's a very pre alpha release. there are alot of things to do, i have to fix when the player it's in pause, if we turn back on the main menu of kodi while playback, the aspect ratio,
and who knows how others things are to do

so, that i really need to know it's if madvr working properly with all options available, i never used madvr so someone that know better than me can test this things

if madvr work as he should, then with much calm i will complete the job with the hope to have a release without any bugs

pls backup your language e settings files because i have replaced something in these files to integrate the choice of render quickly

p.s.

i found a strange behavior... when present serveral frame in advantage it's selected so i had to change something that render the gui of kodi with less resolution... i have to investigate anyway

this very pre alpha version (Smile) support only backbuffer but has the kodi rendered properly
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iajx0t..._madvr.rar

this other very pre alpha version support both several frame in advantage and backbuffer
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z34oa3...madvr2.rar

ciauzz
Man, if u get this i will collect money to build a statue for ys, buddy Wink
HTPC
It lives....seriously, though, that is pretty cool.

Using Posted Version #1

I will say it is impossible to judge performance without some rendering stats (Cntrl+J only works in Media Player Classic). The video looks a little choppy, but you already appear to be ahead of Media Browser Theater in terms of performance. I also noticed some noise in the picture; I'm not sure if that has to due with the dithering being broken, but there appears to be some amount of noise in the picture. Like I said; I need some rendering stats to know what is going on.

When launched, the Windows toolbar is visible when using Windows 7. I have to click on the image to see the video fullscreen. And after a while, the player stopped playing videos, or displayed them with the incorrect aspect ratio like below (the image is squished horizontally):

But, it looks promising. If you can get a more stable build together, I would suggest posting a link in the Doom9 forums. The guys there are very knowledgeable about madVR and likely would be happy to help with testing.

Again, a better build would be helpful. It is hard to test features at this state. Rendering stats, in particular, are important. I can then use MPC to test the rendering queues between the two players after enabling and disabling settings.
Things are hotting back up again in here then!
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Thank you very much for your effort aracnoz. It's absolutely appreciated!
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8