• 86(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available
(2015-03-27, 14:22)Talguy Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 03:56)Warner306 Wrote: I'm going to post a guide that will be available tomorrow sometime on how to do this. ffdshow will be a topic that will have to be added in the future. But the guide should get you most of the way there.

@Warner306, anyway your guide might cover SVP integration with DSplayer? Would it be possible with filters to only run SVP on animated movies and TV shows?

madVR's Smooth motion was designed to replace SVP. I don't like either solution, but Smooth motion is purported to be superior.
(2015-03-27, 17:24)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone tell me what the following options do?

Show Blu-ray titles and Matroska Editions choice dialog

??

Min. Blu-ray title length (min.)

??

It shows a window that let u chose what title u wanna play from a Blu ray structure, and which ones the system will bypass due to its length (only when using AVSplitter http://avsplitter.avmedia.su/en ).
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-03-27, 17:24)Warner306 Wrote: Can someone tell me what the following options do?

Show Blu-ray titles and Matroska Editions choice dialog

??

Min. Blu-ray title length (min.)

??

honestly I do not know well what are the editions but this is what I found with mkv

sometime there is some mkv with multi chapters inside, with different timers etc etc

if this option it's enabled, will been shown a dialog to choose which list of chapters you want use (editions)

if this option it's disabled, will be used the first chapters list (edition)

you can create for test one mkv with multi-chapters with mkvmerge putting in an mkv two differents chapters file

p.s. the editions now are also supported by lavfilters
i updated my signature with latest build

nothing it's changed from the madvr side... i will continue my work later, now i take a break on this because my head was exploding, but in these day of testing i think that it's already pretty usable... some crash occurs in certain specified case that are not so usual anyway the work it's in progress

i fixed the problem with the option "system filters ds merits" and merged with Helix 14.2 final

ciauzz
Thank u Aracnoz!!! Have a nice rest!
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
(2015-03-27, 18:03)aracnoz Wrote: i updated my signature with latest build

nothing it's changed from the madvr side... i will continue my work later, now i take a break on this because my head was exploding, but in these day of testing i think that it's already pretty usable... some crash occurs in certain specified case that are not so usual anyway the work it's in progress

i fixed the problem with the option "system filters ds merits" and merged with Helix 14.2 final

ciauzz

Works great. Thank you!
(2015-03-27, 17:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 14:22)Talguy Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 03:56)Warner306 Wrote: I'm going to post a guide that will be available tomorrow sometime on how to do this. ffdshow will be a topic that will have to be added in the future. But the guide should get you most of the way there.

@Warner306, anyway your guide might cover SVP integration with DSplayer? Would it be possible with filters to only run SVP on animated movies and TV shows?

madVR's Smooth motion was designed to replace SVP. I don't like either solution, but Smooth motion is purported to be superior.

Don't think that's true -

SVP is motion interpolation - Smooth motion isn't.
(2015-03-27, 18:35)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 17:25)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 14:22)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306, anyway your guide might cover SVP integration with DSplayer? Would it be possible with filters to only run SVP on animated movies and TV shows?

Don't think that's true -

SVP is motion interpolation - Smooth motion isn't.

Yes, I actually do know that. I'm saying Smooth motion is purportedly a better solution, not a direct replacement.
LOL but that is what you said - that it was "designed to replace".
It's different. And it doesn't replace or designed to replace.
I have completed the first draft of a set-up guide for DSPlayer, LAV Filters & madVR. I know other solutions exist beyond these filters, but using LAV Filters keeps things simple. I am not an expert at all things DSPlayer or madVR, so feel free to offer any suggestions for improvement. I will continue to edit this document for quality, readability and accuracy of the included images.

HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters & madVR
(2015-03-27, 18:52)steelman1991 Wrote: LOL but that is what you said - that it was "designed to replace".

Jeez, you guys are a little sensitive to semantics.
(2015-03-27, 19:36)Warner306 Wrote: I have completed the first draft of a set-up guide for DSPlayer, LAV Filters & madVR. I know other solutions exist beyond these filters, but using LAV Filters keeps things simple. I am not an expert at all things DSPlayer or madVR, so feel free to offer any suggestions for improvement. I will continue to edit this document for quality, readability and accuracy of the included images.

HOW TO - Configure Kodi DSPlayer with LAV Filters & madVR

IMO FFDShow RAW as extra filter is a must. Also if using LAV Audio ,FFDShow Audio Processor is a very welcome extra filter as well. Even if you don't use it many would and it improve quality further than just MadVR & LAVFilters.

Also while CUDA seem to be less favored than DXVA2 Copy-back. it should be noted that NVidia HW Deinterlacing is superior than YADIF in LAVFilters / MadVR.
I disagree that FFDShow RAW is a required filter. I want all of my resizing to be done in madVR with its superior scaling and high bit-depth output. Also, I'm not interested in using any artificial sharpening. I want everything to be scaled from the source. As for FFDShow Audio, I use WASAPI playback and don't want any mixing to be applied to the audio. The DAC in my receiver should do all of the processing. These are very advanced features and hardly necessary for reference picture or audio quality.

I think the guide is dense enough without FFDShow. So I don't think I'm going to include it. I would consider it an alternative topic. As such, I placed references to FFDShow in the "Other Resources" section.

Also, there is already a detailed guide available dealing with FFDShow and madVR. That link is provided.
It is debatable that MadVR Jinc3+AR gives superior visual quality over FFDShow AVisynth spline64 though with or without sharpening filter applied. But for weaker system it definitely better in many case. Not everyone would go out to buy new graphics card just to use Jinc3+AR in MadVR though.

What you like about apply sharpening is also debatable since most advance scaling algorithm do some of sharpening itself already. It just that what you want to manipulate /enhance it further or not. It's personal taste.

Also not everyone has AVR as well. Many users would benefit from audio processor.

It's ok that you don't want to include these since you won't use it. But I believe many would benefit from it and may found it suites their taste more. So it's all about options.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Frodo build available8